Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oguchi Onyewu

Is he still with us?

Comments

• Options

Is he still with us?

Somewhere up there yes
  • Options
    What a waste of time it was getting him in. Morro out OO in.
  • Options
    yeah he signed until Jan, but at the end of December we extended until the end of the season
  • Options
    I think he left a while ago.
  • Options
    I think he was on his way too.
  • Options
    No definite answer. MIA with Cory Gibbs #WheresOguchi
  • Options
    Had totally forgotten about this guy. Possibly a better bet than Bikey in his current form? Says a lot for how much Joe G has developed that decent experienced internationals like TBH, Bikey and Onyewu are being pushed down the pecking order so he can is play centre back at 17. Last kid we had doing that regularly was Rufus and he's a club legend. Probably had less competition than Joe too.
  • Options
    I was surprised we kept him beyond Xmas .

When we signed him many American football websites were speculating that he was only marking time with us before returning home to the MLS.

He must have been a good player earlier in his career to have been signed by Milan and Newcastle.
  • Options
    He had a couple of bad knee injuries midway through his career. He was very good once but is just incredibly slow now.
  • Options

Had totally forgotten about this guy. Possibly a better bet than Bikey in his current form? Says a lot for how much Joe G has developed that decent experienced internationals like TBH, Bikey and Onyewu are being pushed down the pecking order so he can is play centre back at 17. Last kid we had doing that regularly was Rufus and he's a club legend. Probably had less competition than Joe too.

Think Paul Elliott was about the same age and not much older when team captain
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has a good long throw, nobody else in the club seems to be able to hurl the ball into the box now!
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

What a waste of time it was getting him in. Morro out OO in.

= money saved.
  • Options
    ah one of the all time greats on the move

i think there are 5 ex-Addicks in the MLS ....BWP, Sam, Spector, Bolanos & Onyewu

http://www.philadelphiaunion.com/post/2017/01/30/philadelphia-union-sign-defender-oguchi-onyewu
  • Options
    Genuinely thought he'd retired a couple years ago. We were his last club...