Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Raheem Sterling 'heckled' by fan

Here is the story as reported by BBC Sport:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32255980

While at an event promoting the launch of Liverpool's new kit, one fan called out "Make sure we see you in it next season."
Is it me, or is that the mildest heckling ever? The fan is essentially saying "I want you to continue playing for my club!"

Comments

• Options
    Those pesky scousers are known for their repartee and wit. Jimmy Tarbuck, Stan Boardman......
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Those pesky scousers are known for their repartee and wit. Jimmy Tarbuck, Stan Boardman......

Ringo Star's parents
  • Options
    Just missed an absolute sitter against Newcastle.
  • Options

Just missed an absolute sitter against Newcastle.

He also scored a decent goal
  • Options
    Wow I thought Sterling used to be in a Gang when he was younger and was forever getting in trouble.

Was that @ Chess club for sneakily removing pieces from the board whilst the opposition player wasnt watching?
  • Options
    Think he's going to be on the front and back of a few papers today.
  • Options
    brogib said:

shirty5 said:

Ringo Star's parents
    Really? That's amazing news.
    Which one gestated him?
    My money's on it being Boardman.
  • Options
    I think his current behaviour could work against his alleged desire to move on. The big clubs may wish to see him mature a little before splashing out £50 mill plus on him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well Barca spent that on Suarez who is a racist, bites people, lunges into 2 footers and then acts if he has been tackled despite being in his late twenties so I'm sure Raheem's crime of doing a bit of laughing gas and wanting a bit more money at 20 will be fine.
  • Options

Well Barca spent that on Suarez who is a racist, bites people, lunges into 2 footers and then acts if he has been tackled despite being in his late twenties so I'm sure Raheem's crime of doing a bit of laughing gas and wanting a bit more money at 20 will be fine.

Suarez is on a different level to Sterling though (ignoring the fact he's also a different level of c**t).

Sterling is getting far too much hype for someone who needs to develop to become world class.
  • Options
    Shisha pipe last week, now laughing gas a few days ago. Outrageous behaviour for a twenty year old.
  • Options
    Laughing gas is so last year.
  • Options

Shisha pipe last week, now laughing gas a few days ago. Outrageous behaviour for a twenty year old.

I bet he drinks alcohol too the scumbag.
  • Options

Laughing gas is so last year.

He's front running by about 15 years up there then.
  • Options
    He plays for Liverpool - that's enough for me to dislike the bloke...
  • Options
    Seems like an ideal candidate for Master Wilshere's smoking circle at Arsenal!
  • Options
    Jordan Speith/Raheem Sterling.... Two young up and coming sportsmen with FA in common with each other.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Jordan Speith/Raheem Sterling.... Two young up and coming sportsmen with FA in common with each other.

They both work for the football association?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Suarez is on a different level to Sterling though (ignoring the fact he's also a different level of c**t).

Sterling is getting far too much hype for someone who needs to develop to become world class.
    Of course Suárez is but Sterling is 20 and already the first name on the team sheet for a team near getting in the CL. He has the most ability of any English youngster since Rooney whilst getting absolutely loads of minutes with no injury concerns. He is as good at his age as the likes of Hazard were and it baffles me that people try to criticise him and attack him in the media when we should be amazed and in 3/4 years counting on him for how far England go in tournaments.
  • Options

Of course Suárez is but Sterling is 20 and already the first name on the team sheet for a team near getting in the CL. He has the most ability of any English youngster since Rooney whilst getting absolutely loads of minutes with no injury concerns. He is as good at his age as the likes of Hazard were and it baffles me that people try to criticise him and attack him in the media when we should be amazed and in 3/4 years counting on him for how far England go in tournaments.

maybe we should wait until 3/4 years to see if he reaches his potential. Theo Walcott, the youngest player to get an international hattrick for england is an example of why we shouldnt hype up our youngsters.
  • Options

?
  • Options
    edited April 2015

maybe we should wait until 3/4 years to see if he reaches his potential. Theo Walcott, the youngest player to get an international hattrick for england is an example of why we shouldnt hype up our youngsters.

But that's silly why aren't we allowed to get excited about players and project what they could do? Guess we can't talk about Gomez being a future star on here anymore until he's 22.

I really like Theo but I think he has only had one season quite like Sterling had last year as part of the most explosive attack in the Prem that I can remember. Walcott has the talent (not the same level of technique though) and has only been derailed by injuries which there is no reason to worry about with Raheem so far as his durability has been incredible for his age.

I've not seen one person claim he is world class yet anyway.
  • Options
    Whilst i could see him going to Arsenal and settling, i would be concerned if I was a European club whether he could settle in a foreign city and environment as it does appear that he has not shown the maturity that he would need for that at his age.
  • Options
    It does always get me with the whole 'world class potential' thing though that it sets a level of expectation that is just unfair on any player to try and reach. You could make a pretty convincing argument that Rooney never quite reached the very top level of the likes of Ronaldo, Messi or even the likes of Oscar (given his international showings) but is STILL by far the most talented all round forward we've (by which I mean England) had for a very long time, as his record shows - he's well on track to become all time highest goal scorer.
  • Options
    Sterling the next youngster that will fail to achieve anything like what he could due to being the epitome of money doesn't by class and that has been let down by his advisors his family and his team
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

It does always get me with the whole 'world class potential' thing though that it sets a level of expectation that is just unfair on any player to try and reach. You could make a pretty convincing argument that Rooney never quite reached the very top level of the likes of Ronaldo, Messi or even the likes of Oscar (given his international showings) but is STILL by far the most talented all round forward we've (by which I mean England) had for a very long time, as his record shows - he's well on track to become all time highest goal scorer.

Oscar has done nothing to suggest he is ahead of Rooney at all and I'd have him comfortably behind at the moment. It depends how you define world class as Ronaldo and Messi are very possibly the two greatest playes of all time. If Sterling was as good as Rooney and doesn't get injured before most major tournaments he'd have achieved a great career.
  • Options

Sterling the next youngster that will fail to achieve anything like what he could due to being the epitome of money doesn't by class and that has been let down by his advisors his family and his team

Bit harsh on Liverpool I would have thought, from the outside looking in certainly his agent seems to be a prize arsehole, don't know about his family.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Oscar has done nothing to suggest he is ahead of Rooney at all and I'd have him comfortably behind at the moment. It depends how you define world class as Ronaldo and Messi are very possibly the two greatest playes of all time. If Sterling was as good as Rooney and doesn't get injured before most major tournaments he'd have achieved a great career.
    Yeah, maybe there are other examples I could use but as you say if Sterling remains injury free (which is what really hindered Walcott, not lack of ability at all) he could easily be on the same sort of level as the likes of Rooney for me - which is to say, bloody good, just not to the frankly freakishly high levels of Messi, or Ronaldo.