Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

when saturday comes

Good two-page spread reminiscing on the Valley Party, by Rick Everitt in this month's edition

Comments

• Options
    You just encouraged me to get it out of its wrapper. Yes, a very good piece - an important part of our heritage and always good to remind the wider world of football what was achieved back then.
  • Options
    I look forward to seeing it (once my mate who takes delivery of our shared copy has finished with it).
  • Options
    The latest edition of 'When Saturday Comes', containing supporter predictions for their team and the others in the same division, was delivered yesterday.

A Charlton supporter, Tom Green, has written the piece on us and predicts a ninth place finish. I think that's a very good call. As he comments: "For some reason we're one of the bookies' favourites for relegation, but we finished 12th last season and should be able to improve this time."

The views of each team's supporters have then been aggregated in order to produce a predicted Championship table, with a first place prediction attracting 1 point and last place attracting 24 etc. Charlton have 17.32 points, which puts them in 20th place, ahead of (from the bottom up) Rotherham, MK Dons, Preston and Huddersfield. The top 6 are predicted to be Middlesbrough (champions), Derby, Burnley, Hull, Wolves and Ipswich.

It's only a bit of fun and I'm trying not to take it personally. The reality is that most football supporters tend to obsess a bit about their own team and pay relatively little attention to what other clubs are doing in the close season. This publication may have gone off to print some weeks ago when our squad was emaciated, in addition to which, our latest signings are all an unknown quantity. In that context, people are likely to give additional weight to bookies' odds, whilst the instability of recent years has also probably left a negative impression of the club. Hopefully we can continue to change that this season.
  • Options
    Interesting article in latest edition covering Wolves widening ethnic supporter base, particularly via Punjabi Wolves.

If KM wants to increase our fan base it may not be a bad idea to contact Wolves and discover more ...we have a lot of untapped local potential.
  • Options
    Sean Bean is great in it... Shows that Sheffield United might actually come good one day
  • Options
    Good to see the editorial in the latest edition lamenting Roland's 'abject mishandling of the club'.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Sean Bean is great in it... Shows that Sheffield United might actually come good one day

FINALLY!!... It took about five months but I finally got a lol! for this comment!!!

Thank you @Fumbluff!!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Interesting article in latest edition covering Wolves widening ethnic supporter base, particularly via Punjabi Wolves.

If KM wants to increase our fan base it may not be a bad idea to contact Wolves and discover more ...we have a lot of untapped local potential.

Although that would mean getting up off her lazy arse and doing some work, so probably not.
  • Options

FINALLY!!... It took about five months but I finally got a lol! for this comment!!!

Thank you @Fumbluff!!
    Does this mean you'll stop posting on here now, and the match previews will be written by somebody else? And as a consequence the result prediction be more realistic? :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Does WSC cover games that happen on Tuesday nights?
  • Options

Thank you @Fumbluff!!
    Does this mean you'll stop posting on here now, and the match previews will be written by somebody else? And as a consequence the result prediction be more realistic? :smile:
  • Options
    Missed It said:

stonemuse said:

Although that would mean getting up off her lazy arse and doing some work, so probably not.
    The problem is there just ar'nt enough Belgians living locally, but she must be doing something right there always seems to be huge crowds hanging about the carpark after most matches
  • Options
    Predicts we will finish 2nd behind Sheff U.