Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Getting to Euros in France

Wanted to try and get some advice on how to do this... Thinking of driving over for the tournament next year. Is it best to gamble and book the Chunnel now, or wait until fixtures have been released?

Then, one we are there, what are the chances of getting tickets on the streets (ie is this still common)?

Any other Lifers planning to go over?

Comments

• I'll be going, but I'll be going with tickets.

You will be able to pick tickets up on the street but obviously pay through the nose for the bigger games.
  • I'll be going, also planning on going with tickets via the caps system, means i need to go to as many england games as possible between now and next year. Need at least two away games in the 2014/15 season to even have a chance unless you're on 20+ caps already.

Even if I don't get tickets I am still going out there, probably going to fly but book in advance for quite cheap.
  • If England end up playing any games in Marseille make sure you take a suit of armour! Was out there for the Tunisia game in 1998 and it was a nightmare. Serious trouble and spent 3 days running the gauntlet with French, Tunisians and riot police all having a pop.
  • If England end up playing any games in Marseille make sure you take a suit of armour! Was out there for the Tunisia game in 1998 and it was a nightmare. Serious trouble and spent 3 days running the gauntlet with French, Tunisians and riot police all having a pop.

An old mate of mine (a QPR fan) got a 'bit' of a beating at that one, almost lost an eye and still has the scars to remind him of that incident.
  • Wanted to try and get some advice on how to do this... Thinking of driving over for the tournament next year. Is it best to gamble and book the Chunnel now, or wait until fixtures have been released?

Then, one we are there, what are the chances of getting tickets on the streets (ie is this still common)?

As long as there are limited tickets for a football match there will be people selling tickets on the street. Will be ridiculously expensive though.
  • I'm hoping to go over and just base myself in the south (Nice/Marseille) and maybe travel to Paris or Lyon for a couple of games. No chance that I could get England tickets through the FA though so will just see what I could get.
  • I'm hoping to go over and just base myself in the south (Nice/Marseille) and maybe travel to Paris or Lyon for a couple of games. No chance that I could get England tickets through the FA though so will just see what I could get.

With 52 games in a month you'll definitely get to see some without paying a fortune provided you aren't too fussy about who you watch and you base yourself somewhere sensible.

When will Ferry/Plane tickets go on sale ?
  • Wanted to try and get some advice on how to do this... Thinking of driving over for the tournament next year. Is it best to gamble and book the Chunnel now, or wait until fixtures have been released?

As long as there are limited tickets for a football match there will be people selling tickets on the street. Will be ridiculously expensive though.
    Never bought from touts before a game (supporting Charlton, after all). How much is ridiculous amounts? In excess of £150 per ticket?
  • se9addick said:

With 52 games in a month you'll definitely get to see some without paying a fortune provided you aren't too fussy about who you watch and you base yourself somewhere sensible.

When will Ferry/Plane tickets go on sale ?

Yeah I'd happily see a variety of teams rather than necessarily follow England around. Nice seems well, nice and on the mediterranean but is one of the smaller stadiums and doesn't have a game past the round of 16 so I'm not sure. Kind of want to make a holiday of it rather than stay in some shithole to see some possibly better games.
  • Sponsored links:

Never bought from touts before a game (supporting Charlton, after all). How much is ridiculous amounts? In excess of £150 per ticket?
    I paid £170 against Ecuador (2nd round) in Germany 06. The numbers of England out there was through the roof though.
    Official (as in members) numbers following England away these days are at a modern day low so its hard to tell. We usually get bigger allocations in the euros too which should help. On the other hand this tournament will be the last hurrah for a generation of English lads so unofficial (non-member) numbers could be high.
    Thankfully after years of travlling all over the place I'll have enough loyalty points to be guaranteed tickets this time.
  • I paid 250 euros for Ecuador 06 and 300 euros for Portugal 06

I would expect to pay at least that in France
  • Take the journos up on their offer of kicking it off with the locals for a couple of tickets, beat them up take their tickets and press passes and go to another bar keep boozing saves a fortune