Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

McDonald's monopoly

I just got kings cross. Has anyone got an other stations or swaps?

Comments

• I cant believe people wouldnt realise it works like that. Wow.
  • I wonder if they've ever had any winners of the big prize(s) at all? Such a simple competition for them to run that guarantees a boost in sales
  • I just got kings cross. Has anyone got an other stations or swaps?

Another train thread.
  • cabbles said:

I wonder if they've ever had any winners of the big prize(s) at all? Such a simple competition for them to run that guarantees a boost in sales

The instant wins probably do. The ones where you have to get the set together, probably not. There are usually about 5 million Park Lanes and 5 Mayfairs, and your average punter who is unaware of the meta-game might be as likely to chuck away the Mayfair as they are to keep it and hold out for a Park Lane.

Incidentally I got all 4 stations in a set a couple of years ago. When I got the 'rare' one, it was the only one that had the claim instructions on it, bit of a giveaway.

Just hope you win Big Macs or fries or something. I got a spending spree at Littlewoods but since Littlewoods exists only to push poor people further into debt through their 0% interest payment plans, the prices are extortionate and I didn't get much for my money.
  • I thought I had won big last year until I realised I had made a full set from 2013 & 2014 editions...
  • cabbles said:

I wonder if they've ever had any winners of the big prize(s) at all? Such a simple competition for them to run that guarantees a boost in sales

I won a milkshake, followed by a medium chips and then a cheeseburger all in a row once! That'd be about 10 grand on the Irish Lottery ffs
  • Fiiish said:

cabbles said:

The instant wins probably do. The ones where you have to get the set together, probably not. There are usually about 5 million Park Lanes and 5 Mayfairs, and your average punter who is unaware of the meta-game might be as likely to chuck away the Mayfair as they are to keep it and hold out for a Park Lane.

Incidentally I got all 4 stations in a set a couple of years ago. When I got the 'rare' one, it was the only one that had the claim instructions on it, bit of a giveaway.

Just hope you win Big Macs or fries or something. I got a spending spree at Littlewoods but since Littlewoods exists only to push poor people further into debt through their 0% interest payment plans, the prices are extortionate and I didn't get much for my money.
    You'd have been better off with a spending spree at Oxfam.

Sometimes your dress sense can be a bit too much 'Nigel'.

• Have won on this a couple of times, including a docking station and even a week for me and the wife to Ibiza. Was nice to get a free weeks holiday.

Also know a friends daughter who won the £50k, her and her uni house mates all pooled their stickers and split the money. So it is perfectly winnable.
  • if you get a rare one, you could probably sell it for almost what the prize is worth
    for example if you got the rare one for the £500 shopping spree, the other 2 are common so chances are you could find them or buy them for cheap, or sell your rare one for around £300 quid
  • Sponsored links:

• Took me a while to work our WTF this post was about. Thought it was a rant about the dreaded Golden Arches having franchise monopolies on our main line station concourses. When in fact I don't remember one on Kings Cross thank goodness.
  • if you get a rare one, you could probably sell it for almost what the prize is worth
    for example if you got the rare one for the £500 shopping spree, the other 2 are common so chances are you could find them or buy them for cheap, or sell your rare one for around £300 quid

Paulie, if you win £500, I will definitely buy it off you for £300. Cheers
  • Fumbluff said:

if you get a rare one, you could probably sell it for almost what the prize is worth

Paulie, if you win £500, I will definitely buy it off you for £300. Cheers
    read it again, I was not saying if you get all 3 of them you could sell it, I said if you have the rare one you could probably sell it for around £300
  • But all those other ones are as common as muck. No need to sell it, you would just get what you needed quite quickly.
  • I haven't a McDonalds since the Brentford home game, but my standard order is large Big Mac meal, chicken legend on its own and 6 nuggets on their own. That would get me a few stickers I reckon

Why would anyone do that?
    There are millions of the non rare ones around. You could probably get every non rare piece by spending about £20-30 in McDonalds.
  • I went in McDonalds today for the first time in years. 2 stickers with my meal. One is for a free milkshake and according to the other one, I've won Marylebone station. That's gotta be worth a few million............