Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

English football's natural order

2»

Comments

• From the stats I've seen, for 13/14, Millwall had higher match day income than us. 4.3m to 4.2m.

Yes we currently have more ST holders but that will also be more skewed higher in the concession groups, and their prices I believe are more than ours. They also have a far higher percentage of adult match day walk up than we do.

Interesting. Where did you read that? £4.3m sounds quite low though.

Shows the gulf when I imagine United, Arsenal etc take our yearly matchday income in one game.
  • From the stats I've seen, for 13/14, Millwall had higher match day income than us. 4.3m to 4.2m.

Yes we currently have more ST holders but that will also be more skewed higher in the concession groups, and their prices I believe are more than ours. They also have a far higher percentage of adult match day walk up than we do.

That will be the Government Grants they get for keeping the riff raff off the streets for a couple of hours on a Saturday skewing the figures.

To be serious, given that their usual attendance is somewhere between half to two thirds of ours according to my tame Millwall season ticket holder colleague, that statistic surprises me.
  • Our matchday income figure looks rather low, I noticed on VOTV that the figure for 2012/13 was £5.6m and 2013/14 should be higher due to the FA Cup run.
    http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2013-14-blogs/addicks-confirm-2013-losses/

• stonemuse said:

Just for fun - top 30:

Manchester United
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Manchester City
    Chelsea
    Newcastle United
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Sunderland
    Everton
    West Ham United
    Aston Villa
    Derby County
    Leeds United
    Nottingham Forest
    Norwich City
    Ipswich Town
    Southampton
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Birmingham City
    Sheffield United
    Charlton Athletic
    Blackburn Rovers
    Brighton & Hove Albion
    Cardiff City
    Bristol City
    Middlesbrough
    Burnley
    Stoke City
    West Bromwich Albion

Brighton would be much higher than Charlton. They're getting much bigger gates down there these days, and they love a bit of merchandise. Boro and WBA too, and probably Stoke. Blackburn would be bottom of the list. They only got 8000 at home when we played them in the quarter finals of the fa cup

• cheers @killerandflash no idea on the accuracy of the figures used in that sporting finance link
  • LenGlover said:

From the stats I've seen, for 13/14, Millwall had higher match day income than us. 4.3m to 4.2m.

That will be the Government Grants they get for keeping the riff raff off the streets for a couple of hours on a Saturday skewing the figures.

To be serious, given that their usual attendance is somewhere between half to two thirds of ours according to my tame Millwall season ticket holder colleague, that statistic surprises me.</blockquote

Your ST prices are a lot cheaper than ours, you probably have a lot more ST holders where as we have more pay full price on the day fans, and apparently you give thousands of tickets away to the local community every season. Our hardcore support isn't probably too dissimilar. Obve you lose your prem hanger oners and the freebies you give out your hardcore support is probably around the 8k mark. That's what you went down to when you was at your lowest and that's what we stuck around at when we're at our shittest.
  • Brighton match day income 10 mill? Their away fan experience looks like it's realy paying off