Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Mafia with Trevor McDonald

starts in 15 minutes on ITV
not much I look forward to on TV, but as soon as I first saw this advertised I thought that looks like a must watch

Comments

• Options
    As someone with Italian heritage these type of shows are always interesting to me. Even just to see the generic stereotypes they portray. My uncles fit pretty much 90% of those stereo types!
  • Options
    Hard to comprehend how some people think nothing of killing another, don't know how they can live with themselves. Guess the brain's just wired differently.
  • Options
    This John bloke seems proud of what he did
    just talking about Pistol Whipping a construction working, stripping him down and throwing him in a lake, and had a big smile on his face to whole time he was saying it.
  • Options
    That bloke at the end who was raking in $10m a week back at the height of it!!! That's absolutey insane!!
  • Options

That bloke at the end who was raking in $10m a week back at the height of it!!! That's absolutey insane!!

never noticed before how much your name sounds like the nickname of a mafia member
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    says "Paulie" Walnuts!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    LoOkOuT said:

says "Paulie" Walnuts!

I am worried about my life now, if I suddenly disappear then it was The Organiser
  • Options
    Me and Telmc32 are part of the Murphyafia.
  • Options
    Simon Church is apparently in the Taffia...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

LoOkOuT said:

says "Paulie" Walnuts!

I am worried about my life now, if I suddenly disappear then it was The Organiser
    Nah. Could be any one of hundreds on here..... :smiley:
    He was talking too much.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Interesting programme .. but how much is real and how much scripted by fans of the Sopranos ? .. as the masked individual at the end commented, the FBI with all their technology and the threat of very long prison sentences for those found guilty under the iniquitous RICO laws, have pretty much neutered the Mafia .. and how come all these 'hunted, haunted' grasses are still walking the streets and living openly in opulence and luxury ? .. they should be sleeping with the fishes ((:>)
  • Options
    I didn't watch it because the trailers put me off. It seemed to be Sir Trev making scripted assertions and the interviewee mumbling "you do what you gotta do", thereby making no admissions at all. Was it actually like that or was the trailer misleading?
  • Options
    Like Lincs saud above I was surprised how some of them were openly walking and driving round 'the streets' having testified against thier own and their lives apparently being in danger 24/7.
    I think it's the openness and care free attitude to killings that is an eye opener - you see it in the films but seeing real people so emotionless about acts they've committed is a bit different.
    As they kept saying 'that's the life'.
  • Options
    The pictures from the 70s etc could have been taken straight out of Goodfellas
  • Options
    Can't believe how many bertie smalls there were and all still walking around shaking hands in the street,

Shit nonsense program as made up as eastenders
  • Options
    I read this over the summer. It's a proper bullshit-free discussion and history. Gripping and depressing in equal measure.
  • Options
    That is an excellent book.