Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Voice - BBC1

Shocking programme - 1 decent singer in 10, judges with clearly defective hearing and enough bullshit from the aforementioned judges to last a lifetime.

As a longstanding husband, watching it with my beloved is a price I pay for being allowed to drive to and from The Valley every other Saturday - but I always feel as though two hours of my life have gone to waste when it ends.

Never mind, Football League show's on in a bit!

Comments

• Who is the one good singer then?

There are a few who I think are quite good.
  • edited March 2015
    Airman doing well to get on to the bbc.
  • I think it's great.
    None of the toxic 'let's take the piss out of someone with a disability' that you get with X Factor.
    And definitely more than 1 decent singer IMO.
  • purdis said:

Shocking programme - 1 decent singer in 10, judges with clearly defective hearing and enough bullshit from the aforementioned judges to last a lifetime.

As a longstanding husband, watching it with my beloved is a price I pay for being allowed to drive to and from The Valley every other Saturday - but I always feel as though two hours of my life have gone to waste when it ends.

Or alternatively go to another room and listen to the radio!
  • It's poo! Watched the first series but got bored towards the end.
  • Standard this year been much higher in my opinion.
  • purdis said:

Or alternatively go to another room and listen to the radio!
    If you are a married man you will know that that isn't a peacekeeping option - but point taken.
  • watched it under duress last night (g/f came round & wanted to watch it) - biggest load of tosh on TV. As Purdis says, only 1 decent singer (Cinderella ??) with the rest just shouting their way through their numbers.

I hate these programmes with a passion - no need for the participants to spend years touring the pubs & clubs of Britain, honing their craft and making a career out of it. Just Bang, Crash, Wallop - winner gets a xmas No 1 and never heard of again.
  • Setting a terrible precedent for us guys purdis, sitting through that smuck for two hours. Try my tactic of being over critical, then offering to make a cup of tea as a solace and then slipping away. My Missus is pleased to see the back of me. Do exactly the same for X Factor,Britain's got talent and the dreaded celebrity big house etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    I agree with Purdis and golfie. Terrible programme.
    Wife watches it, I don't, but I can hear the contestants shrieking and screaming from the other end of the room.
    Look, most of you are bloody useless, but try singing instead of shouting. I think the shouting is to do with that bit where they have to sing at the same time. What a load of guff.
    Thankfully the wife was out last night, so I didn't have to suffer.
  • edited March 2015
    I was going to watch it but decided to drink a bottle of bleach, light a banger and swallow it instead!

(BTW, hospital wifi is brilliant)
  • I am just incredibly pissed off that they cancelled casualty last night for that garbage.
  • biggest load of shi*e on TV .......say no more
  • Setting a terrible precedent for us guys purdis, sitting through that smuck for two hours. Try my tactic of being over critical, then offering to make a cup of tea as a solace and then slipping away. My Missus is pleased to see the back of me. Do exactly the same for X Factor,Britain's got talent and the dreaded celebrity big house etc.

Man, I'm quite lucky aren't I? My wife doesn't watch any of that rubbish.

She does when she's over here with me !!
  • I quite like it...
  • purdis said:

Quite. That wastes only 90 minutes of your life.
  • Couldn't name one successful singer to come from that show...
  • Sponsored links:

• Rita Ora is lovely.
  • Rita Ora is lovely.

No idea what her music is like but she is FIT!

• Couldn't name one successful singer to come from that show...

the young bloke who won last year went back to college/uni and has an album out soon. Can't remember his name though :-))

• One of my favourite programmes, best set of judges so far. I'm surprised that you haven't noticed how peoples tastes vary, you perhaps like Big Brother, I have never seen it or East enders. live and let live people.
  • Granpa said:

One of my favourite programmes, best set of judges so far. I'm surprised that you haven't noticed how peoples tastes vary, you perhaps like Big Brother, I have never seen it or East enders. live and let live people.

I just like programmes that have quality entertainment (subjective, I agree) and in the case of singing contests, people who can actually sing and who can achieve something going forward because of their innate talent.

I like Judges who are honest - The Voice judges are absolutely not being truthful with a large percentage of their insincere, patronising comments - at least on The X Factor, people who are crap are told they are crap.

I like Will i am - top bloke. Agree with previous comments that Rita Ora is pleasant viewing.

Never watch Big Brother or any of the Soaps - do watch a lot of football, tbh! That might surprise you.

I watch Family Guy, loved Breaking Bad and Homeland and now into Better Call Saul - tried Fortitude but too dark.

Live & let live, of course, you are quite right but talent shows need talent to make them work.

She does when she's over here with me !!
    You've got the shitty end of the stick there golfie!
  • Delighted to say that tonight's show is actually much better!
    Some decent singers and more toned down yet postive comments from the Judges.
    Credit where credit's due!
  • Utter toilet.
    It's a bloody insult to all the quality musicians that we have in the Uk.
  • Agree - was just saying it was better than last week - last week was so bad, things could only get better.
  • Same singers though.....