Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    I never had a problem with Church. If you remember just how skint and short-handed Charlton were when he was signed, it was clear we weren't shopping at Harrods for strikers. He always put a shift in, even when the crowd were giving him grief for the heinous crime of not being very good. He deserves a break from the boo-boys and I think he'll do alright in Scottish football.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but putting a shift in is never enough on it's own. If he ever caught a defender or a goalkeeper unawares and forced them into a mistake, if he ever cut out a loose pass and managed to turn it into an attack, if he ever consistently changed the balance of our play in our favour, then yes his lack of goals would be partially offset by his impact.

Except he barely if ever HAD an impact. He just ran around an awful lot achieving absolutely nothing noteworthy.
  • Options
    Hung up his boots today
  • Options
    I thought he'd done it several seasons ago.
  • Options
    55 goals in 11 years says it all to be honest.
  • Options
    Only 29, whatever my thoughts about his effectiveness as a player for us, gutted for him
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

55 goals in 11 years says it all to be honest.

More like 11 goals in 55 years !
  • Options
    he always gave his best, can't ever ask for more than that.
  • Options
    Christ... Retired @ 29 - thats no age regardless of the level
  • Options
    Injury forced his retirement... Truly a shit way to end a career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Injury forced his retirement... Truly a shit way to end a career.

Agree. Quite sad really. What does a 29 year old ex-lower league footballer do next....? No idea what options these guys have.
  • Options
    He wasn't great but at least he tried. I wish him all the best.
  • Options
  • Options
    put the sponge into spongefoot

made Bradley Allen look like he had a powerful shot!
  • Options
    Very sad news. At the end of the day it's his job that he's had to give up far earlier than he ever intended to
  • Options
    Not one of our greatest but always put a shift in.

I wish him all the best for the future and sympathise that he has had to stop playing so young.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    Sounds like the doctor’s done him a favour there.
  • Sponsored links: