Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why we do what we do.......

Arriving at Sparrows Lane we were met by Carl and then Terry from the Upbeats both of whom expressed the gratitude to you guys and girls at CL from stepping up to the plate. With loads of fuss for Bailey as we walked up to the large gathering already assembling by the training ground AstroTurf pitches, meeting up with Mr and Mrs Davestorry on route as Davestorry had obviously insisted on being dropped as close as humanly possible to save his energy. A collection of lifers were gathering around the food tables for a welcome bacon roll and a coffee, the enthusiasm was already building with chanting and cheering started sporadically by the Upbeats. We were called through to be given our instructions as well as meeting the legends and the delightful Katrien and we were ready to go. I'd already decided I'd answer to "this must be Bailey" which was how new faces tended to introduce themselves to us but something I've grown accustom to, also meeting one or two dogs involved in the walk made me appreciate my decision the leave JJ at home. Plenty of banter on route the occasional toot from passing motorists and various chants and shouts from the Upbeats support van as it passed us regularly. Arriving at the Liberal club for a well deserved pint and to wait for the other groups to catch up, I found myself sitting with the Webster Juniors both whom had met Bailey earlier, Bailey as usual showed remarkable calm despite my call to let him rest up a little they hugged him and his resolve was really tested when they were served with chocolate spread sandwiches. Leaving for the Valley I put a second lead on Bailey for Webster jr to hold as walked he was singing to anyone that would listen "I'm holding Bailey" for the second time today I was grateful for transitional lenses. ;) Arriving outside the Valley the Upbeats were gathered together to prepare for the highlight of the day as I said my goodbyes and prepared to walk back to SL to collect the car. Before I'd left Harvey gardens on three occasions I heard "that must be Bailey" if that was you, hello don't be shy next time. ;) arriving back to the car at 3.30 for the drive home to be greeted by JJ who needed walking!!

Comments

• You're a good man T.C.E and you, along with everyone else involved today, should be very proud of yourself.

• Great to meet you Ray. Im not a massive dog lover but Bailey is an amazing one. Watched him in the Lib with the kids eating so close - think any other dog would have been tempted. My sis and her other half saw us on the walk and one of the first comments I had from them was asking who Bailey was.

Hope JJ enjoyed his walk!
  • edited March 2015
    Top man Ray, was a pleasure to walk alongside you today. Very proud to be associated with you and everyone else in our little 'crew '
  • Great to meet you Ray. Im not a massive dog lover but Bailey is an amazing one. Watched him in the Lib with the kids eating so close - think any other dog would have been tempted. My sis and her other half saw us on the walk and one of the first comments I had from them was asking who Bailey was.

Hope JJ enjoyed his walk!

That would have been the Junior Webster's, not a position I would normally put my dogs in, but Bailey just rose above it.
  • Top Man Ray!
  • Sorry we couldn't join you today, Ray as we were otherwise engaged in the KP Suite but really glad that we made your acquaintance earlier this season at the earlier Upbeats Day.

You and your canine friends are simply the best

:smile: