Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lawrie Wilson joins Rotherham on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the memories, lovely Lawrie x
  • Options
    Good luck Lawrie! Such a nice guy and had the best song
  • Options
    Glad to see there haven't been any of those Rotherham jokes so far.
    @PL54 there are many great areas around Rotherham. Not good to tar it with the same brush.
    Good luck Lawrie. Don't think you were ever shite. Not that many players can play so well in a multitude of positions as you have.
  • Options
    Dislike :(
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Oggy Red said:

Just caught up with this news.

As others have already said, Big Bad Bob killed him.
    But he can be an effective player, in the right team.

From Chris Powell's runaway champions team, who have we got left - just Jacko, Sols and Wiggins
    ?

Anyway, good luck Lawrie.

Pretty sure he was not part of CP's League 1 Champions team.
    Yes, he signed the following summer, when it started becoming clear that the money had run out!
    I was begining to doubt myself as there are comments on FB about him being decent in League 1
    He was! For Stevenage. :-)
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Oggy Red said:

Just caught up with this news.

As others have already said, Big Bad Bob killed him.
    But he can be an effective player, in the right team.

From Chris Powell's runaway champions team, who have we got left - just Jacko, Sols and Wiggins
    ?

Anyway, good luck Lawrie.

Pretty sure he was not part of CP's League 1 Champions team.
    Yes, he signed the following summer, when it started becoming clear that the money had run out!
    I was begining to doubt myself as there are comments on FB about him being decent in League 1
    He was! For Stevenage. :-)
    He played in quite an attacking role for them against us. I'm sure he must have made an impression on Powell and Dyer!
  • Options

Also means we can drop that bloody "Winter Wonderland" chant - unless it gets recycled for someone else, of course.

"There's only one Chrissy Eagles.................We don't like his name, but he plays a good game, Walking in a Chrissy wonderland"............... :smiley:
  • Options

@PL54 there are many great areas around Rotherham. Not good to tar it with the same brush

I don't doubt it but he's not playing for those teams is he?
  • Options
    Is he playing today?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is he playing today?

Played the full game v Sheff Weds, all 103 minutes of it.

• Options
    I always liked Lawrie for us. Not up to the standard we're aspiring to now though.
  • Options
    Football - Evans keen on Wilson deal
    Rotherham boss Steve Evans believes there is a chance Lawrie Wilson's loan move from Charlton could become permanent in the summer.

Wilson made his Millers debut in Saturday's 3-2 derby defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, 24 hours after joining from the Addicks until the end of the season.

Wilson had made 27 appearances for the London side but was not a regular under new boss Guy Luzon.

His capture - Evans' 30th signing of the season - ends a long chase which began when the Addicks visited Rotherham in the Championship in September.

"We have been looking for a player who can play that right side of midfield role for a couple of months now," Evans said. "Someone that could come in with the industry and skilful attributes that improves us.

"We asked about Lawrie Wilson as far back as when we played Charlton at home earlier in the season.

"Bob Peeters said he would get back to me and I am still waiting for Bob Peeters to get back to me!

"He's a good player, it looks like Charlton are moving in a different direction, we are just pleased the Charlton manager said yes.

"It's a wonderful opportunity for a player to look at a football club and a football club to look at a player.

"We have got the option to do something further and that is on Lawrie and ourselves."

Wilson made his bow in the right-sided midfield role on Saturday but Evans believes he can offer versatility.

"Charlton FC have been terrific, we knew for a few days that he was in the door.

"He can play right-back, right side of midfield, central midfield and right-sided centre-half, but predominantly he is a right-sided midfielder."

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-evans-keen-wilson-deal-112457758--sow.html
  • Options
    "We asked about Lawrie Wilson as far back as when we played Charlton at home earlier in the season.

Bob Peeters said he used to be shite, but now he's alright."
  • Options
    'Bob Peeters said he would get back to me and I am still waiting for Bob Peeters to get back to me!'

Oh I get it, because he's been sacked! Good one Steve!

Also, who the hell sold Wilson as a right-sided centre half? And can he do some marketing for me?
  • Options

His capture - Evans' 30th signing of the season - ends a long chase which began when the Addicks visited Rotherham in the Championship in September.

30 signings? Bloody hell! It makes our little rebuilding exercise in SCP's first full season look rather modest!

• Options
    Rizzo said:

30 signings? Bloody hell! It makes our little rebuilding exercise in SCP's first full season look rather modest!

Just as a comparison ...... how many signings have we made this season (permenants and loans), anybody know?

• Options
    Rizzo said:

It is actually 31 now after he signed the Arsenal goalkeeper Damien Martinez.
  • Options
    Poor old Lawrie, unless not fully fit, he has gone from our bench to Rotherham's for tonight's game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Poor old Lawrie, unless not fully fit, he has gone from our bench to Rotherham's for tonight's game

must be a knock he has not even been on their bench for the last two games

at least he has company, Richard Wood is also on the bench
  • Options
    You've got one job to do Wilson, for ffs don't cock it up.
  • Options
    Operation Wilson, last minute winner to send the Scum down. Walking in a Wilson wonderland
  • Options
    Top, top bloke.
  • Options
    well done to LW . Dont matter if he was shit once or all right now still a top chap all the way through.
  • Options
    I'm glad I didn't have this image in my head when he rang me!