Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Those Bouncing Belgiums

Comments

• Carter said:

Joking aside, I feel no affinity whatsoever with any other team in this Web. Besides having the same owner which rightly or wrongly is the connection some feel. That, for me is like wanting to talk to a stranger because they drive the same car as you.

Weren't these fans Gent who I don't think are part of the network

I understand where they're coming from I'm doing the same last game of the season for Yann and Simon Francis at The Valley
  • Carter said:

Joking aside, I feel no affinity whatsoever with any other team in this Web. Besides having the same owner which rightly or wrongly is the connection some feel. That, for me is like wanting to talk to a stranger because they drive the same car as you.

Weren't these fans Gent who I don't think are part of the network

I understand where they're coming from I'm doing the same last game of the season for Yann and Simon Francis at The Valley
    I probably should have quoted the post I was responding to about our fans going over to Liege to watch them. And AFKA is right, it was a liberty and the anology of another British club coming here and doing that is taking the piss.
  • This lot weren't even a network linked club.

I've no problem at all with foreign fans coming over, hopefully enjoying a trip to Charlton and boosting our attendances, atmosphere and finances. Spoke to a loads around the ground, station, club shop and tried to help them.

An eighty handed stone Island mob we've no fans links with is taking it too far for me though, particularly if by the sounds of it there was little enthusiasm to integrate.

Would anyone who liked it have felt different if it was say Bristol City, or Cardiff, or Pompey fans who decided to have a jolly to London, throw beer around in pubs, get a bit confrontational with Charlton fans on walk to ground, and then sang Bristol, Cardiff or Pompey songs during the game?

You're a miserable so and so.

I've no problem at all with foreign fans coming over, hopefully enjoying a trip to Charlton and boosting our attendances, atmosphere and finances. Spoke to a loads around the ground, station, club shop and tried to help them.

An eighty handed stone Island mob we've no fans links with is taking it too far for me though, particularly if by the sounds of it there was little enthusiasm to integrate.

Would anyone who liked it have felt different if it was say Bristol City, or Cardiff, or Pompey fans who decided to have a jolly to London, throw beer around in pubs, get a bit confrontational with Charlton fans on walk to ground, and then sang Bristol, Cardiff or Pompey songs during the game?

I have eight Elfsborg mates coming over for the Leeds game. I'll tell them not to wear their colours!
  • So yesterday Roly got back the money spent on Christophe. That was Lepoint. Shrewd businessman.
  • Sitting in the West Upper, I thought they were very entertaining and had amusing banter with the Blackburn fans. I laughed when the Blackburn lot sang 'Where've your Belgians gone' when they were late returning from half time.
    I thought they were laughing and chatting to the stewards as well.
    Spoke to some of them after the game as they were getting on the coach and they seemed to have had a good day and were good natured.
  • WSS said:

WayneK said:

This lot weren't even a network linked club.

You're a miserable so and so.

Can't wait for the Celtic crew to come down in support of Tony Watt.
    Nor can I.

• Has anyone on Charlton life ( apart from you Katrien) been to Belgium, and see Standard liege play?

I'd be interested to know what the standard of play, atmosphere, and of course food were like?
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone on Charlton life ( apart from you Katrien) been to Belgium, and see Standard liege play?

I'd be interested to know what the standard of play, atmosphere, and of course food were like?

high quality bieres, moules and frites?

better than the muck we get served now id wager. the quality shift upwards lasted 4 games at most here. along with the service.

come back Wimpy.

• Just seen a video of are Belgium friends and they look like normal fans having a good time. Singing and dancing.

Saw Liege play Arsenal in 1993 in a Cup Winners Cup game, Arsenal won 7-0.

As regards the fans, not as friendly as Gent were yesterday. To put it mildly.

Overall standard of football in Belgium, championship at the very best. The likes of Standard, Anderlecht and Club Brugge would struggle in the Premier League.

As for Sweden's finest, Elfsborg would be Champions League material.

WTF ?? I can't believe you trying to make that comparison. They weren't all wearing Stone Island either, talk about over egg the situation. They did no harm and contributed to the club coffers. Dear me, some of you lot really did feel aggrieved that The West wasn't happy clappy !!
  • Harmless fun by the Belgians, nothing more than that.
  • Went to Anderlecht few times when living in Belgium, shit football and atmo (like palace) pre and post match bevvies quality .
  • edited March 2015
    At least there are some Belgians who want to travel over and see us play...
  • SEFREE said:

Has anyone on Charlton life ( apart from you Katrien) been to Belgium, and see Standard liege play?

high quality bieres, moules and frites?

better than the muck we get served now id wager. the quality shift upwards lasted 4 games at most here. along with the service.

come back Wimpy.

My cheeseburger was almost decent yesterday - it was actually warm as well.
  • Think the badge represents Stone Island and I'm sure they were singing one or two Millwall and Palace songs in the first half?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    They made the West Stand the loudest it's been in years!
  • Cannot believe there's a few people actually complaining about this lot that have made the effort to come over from another country and watch our team play. Don't be so ridiculous, they caused no trouble whatsoever and I think some people are being very harsh on them.
  • Spanish said:

This lot weren't even a network linked club.

WTF ?? I can't believe you trying to make that comparison. They weren't all wearing Stone Island either, talk about over egg the situation. They did no harm and contributed to the club coffers. Dear me, some of you lot really did feel aggrieved that The West wasn't happy clappy !!
    Agree with this totally. As I said in an earlier post, I was sitting fairly close to them and thought they were good value to be honest.

As for Stone Island? They were more 'George at ASDA'. They were paying punters who paid their money just like the rest of us. Yes, they were a bit boisterous, but no more than that.
  • Portch said:

Cannot believe there's a few people actually complaining about this lot that have made the effort to come over from another country and watch our team play. Don't be so ridiculous, they caused no trouble whatsoever and I think some people are being very harsh on them.

No trouble that you saw. Try telling that to the bloke that had two of them in his face then a half full pint glass thrown at him in Floyd Road. Read the whole thread.
  • Must have been foreign fan day at the Valley. A bunch of Polish blokes clutching tickets got on to my train at Deptford and at the entrance to the West Stand, we a gaggle of middle age Chinese couples taking pictures of each other, all carrying bulging bags of club merchandise.
  • Has anyone else noticed that if you try to renew a Lower West Stand season ticket you land on a page of the OS which is only available in French, Dutch or Walloon?
  • You also had a dozen or so Handover boys in the north lower! Great comment from one of them "it is very quiet here but don't worry it gets quiet at our games to" our reply "How many do you get at your home games?" Me thinking 20k or so? "On a bad day 40,000"
  • Handover Boys? Is that some euphemism?

Looks like the Valley is the UN of football.

I was talking to a guy from Denmark at the Forest game, he was over with some friends.
  • Millwall mate says they seem to get literally hundreds of European day trippers every game last couple of years.