Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans footie tournament in Lviv

This invite found its way to us.

Could be fun. Lviv is apparently a nice city, well away from any trouble

Comments

• Where's that then?
  • Made a trip to Lviv in between England games at the Euros. A pleasant place, nice old town area, worth a weekend there.
  • brogib said:

Where's that then?

Ukraine.
  • Fantastic city. I'll be out there in a couple of weeks
  • Apparently, CSKA Moscow fans are bringing a decent sized squad along.............
  • Wow looks properly organised down to you getting a translator... Where is Lviv in terms of the Civil War though?
  • Wow looks properly organised down to you getting a translator... Where is Lviv in terms of the Civil War though?

As far away as it's possible to get without actually crossing the border with Slovakia. It's also a traditionally pro European city within Ukraine, and in fact in the past belonged to both Poland and Czechoslovakia ( I think)

But @rina is your man for all things Ukraine
  • Lwów was stolen from Poland at the end of ww2.
    It's the birthplace of Polish football.

As far away as it's possible to get without actually crossing the border with Slovakia. It's also a traditionally pro European city within Ukraine, and in fact in the past belonged to both Poland and Czechoslovakia ( I think)

But @rina is your man for all things Ukraine
    closer to poland than slovakia though not far from either. Nearby Zolochiv has a castle which was a Polish royal residence. The whole city has a very traditional, old fashioned Polish feel to it but the people are very forward looking pro European
  • And yes, about as far from the trouble as you can get. To give you an idea lviv to the warzone is about the same distance as london to prague