Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Please Gary Lineker

Sort that silly beard out. It makes you look increasingly ridiculous.

Comments

• edited April 2015
    nice little joke on MOTD tonight, when introducing the City V Villa game he said Man City take on West Ham, sorry I mean Aston Villa

although I am sure someone will say BBC should apologise as it may seem like they are against the conservatives
  • Ignore me, just looked it up, hadn't seen Cameron had said that.

What an arse.

• @cardinalsin. What??!! Does his beard really unsettle you that much?? Such insecurity needs referral! I am sure that there is lots about you that he could criticise? Bizarre!!!!
  • Hadn't heard about the Cameron Villa/West Ham cock up until reading this thread.
    Checked out the bbc website and laughed out loud at this bit:

But former Conservative press officer Jonathan Collett rushed to defend Mr Cameron, adding: "PM is a passionate Villa fan. Takes son to matches ... Suspect speechwriter error."

So David Cameron will read anything that's put on the autocue? I look forward to hearing him say "Go fuck yourself San Diego Britain."

I'm sure Cameron said it was an ad lib comment.
  • Hadn't heard about the Cameron Villa/West Ham cock up until reading this thread.

But former Conservative press officer Jonathan Collett rushed to defend Mr Cameron, adding: "PM is a passionate Villa fan. Takes son to matches ... Suspect speechwriter error."

So David Cameron will read anything that's put on the autocue? I look forward to hearing him say "Go fuck yourself San Diego Britain."

Don't know about you but if I found myself telling somebody I support Boro on the basis that they also play in red, I'd be off to the doctor.

Don't know about you but if I found myself telling somebody I support Boro on the basis that they also play in red, I'd be off to the doctor.
    I don't believe a "passionate fan" could possibly forget which team he passionately supports.
  • Sponsored links:

Er, yeah. I got that.
    I was talking about what the former Conservative press officer Jonathan Collett said. Then I made a joke comparing it to Anchorman.
    Didn't I make that clear?
    :smiley:

Er, yeah. I got that.
    I was talking about what the former Conservative press officer Jonathan Collett said. Then I made a joke comparing it to Anchorman.
    I've never seen Anchorman.
  • Next week Cameron will say he supports Burnley

Er, yeah. I got that.
    Just imagine a half-funny comedian delivering lines of gibberish with a comedy moustache and you've got it covered.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Hadn't heard about the Cameron Villa/West Ham cock up until reading this thread.

Er, yeah. I got that.
    Just imagine an unfunny comedian delivering lines of gibberish with a comedy moustache and you've got it covered.
    fixed it for ya :wink:

i think it's pretty clear that he was reeling off a list of football clubs, could've been on the autocue with "west ham" which he skipped over, whilst saying "i'd rather they supported.." he was probably thinking "good, dodged that west ham one, so people dont think we're biased towards them re the olympic stadium" then the words "west ham" came out his mouth. We all accidently say the wrong word, or at least i do every so often and mean something else.

People jumping on this are the same as the tory press who jump all over miliband for stuttering and spluttering over his words occasionally and eating a delicious bacon sandwich. They're no good.
  • Ffs now a thread about my footballing hero hijacked by political shite.

In regards to the OP, yes I agree he needs to lose the beard.

Er, yeah. I got that.
    My mistake. I assumed you would know what a joke is. Sorry.

Er, yeah. I got that.
    If you think Will Ferrell is funny then you clearly don't.
  • Sponsored links:

Er, yeah. I got that.
    If you think Will Ferrell is funny then you clearly don't.
    You must be going for the record for missing the point the most amount of times in one thread.
    The amount of funny in Anchorman or, for that matter, Will Ferrell is irrelevant.
    I made a joke.
    You got the wrong end of the stick.
    I pointed it out.
    You then missed the point again.
    I made a slightly caustic and sarcastic comment due to this missing of the point.
    You missed the point again, for some reason using a dislike of Will Ferrell as a badge of honour.
    It's starting to get silly.

Look, you didn't get the joke and overreacted. Fair enough. There's no shame in that, just stop trying to wriggle out of it by making me the bad guy.

• We all know Cameron is no more passionate about Aston Villa, than Tony Blair was about Newcastle.

IIRC Blair used to spout on about sitting in The Gallowgate End at Newcastle, before the seats had been put in.
  • Blair and Cameron: Different parties, same class of professional yet out of touch politicians.
  • Come on I.love a thread off track but this one is ridiculous
  • Come on I.love a thread off track but this one is ridiculous

haha so true
  • If he doesn't wipe it off soon he will be auditioning for "Shaggy" in the next Scooby-Doo film.
  • If he doesn't wipe it off soon he will be auditioning for "Shaggy" in the next Scooby-Doo film.

Who? Cameron or Blair?