Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Travel into London this morning.

That was fun!
For once not South Eastern trains fault. Massive fire around London Bridge. Could see it from Eltham.
My train,0610, was on time but went to Victoria. Tube to Liverpool St. Took 1/2 hour longer than usual. Going to get worse as day goes on though.
Some nice birds on the Circle line though.....Fire! Fire!

Comments

• Glad I'm not in the City today. How bad are the delays?
  • someone here who comes in from Orpington has been told that there will be no trains into London Bridge all day (whether or not that was just their line I don't know). I get on at Eltham and got a cab to Lewisham and the DLR which was fine.....however not sure about going home !!

You can see the smoke whilst driving over Blackheath.
  • North Greenwich must be murders this morning
  • I heard the news and took the decision to work from home. My sis is coming into the city from Gravesend and said it is bedlam there and she had to change at Dartford which was supposedly even worse.
  • I'm just about to leave for work, sound like it'll be fun!
  • I had to walk from blackheath to greenwich and got the DLT to bank. Wasnt too bad. Added an extra hour to my journey. Getting home'll be fun though!
  • and of all days I haven't got the bike!
  • Guard on the train from Sittingbourne reckoned they'll be closed for at least 24 hours..
  • Hmmm, boat or DLR back to King George the Fifth tonight then.
  • Took me ages to get through plumstead woolwich and charlton today! ruddy nightmare i tell thee! I was on Charlton church lane after kineviling my way through the back roads, and there was traffic to about half way up the hill from the lights at the bottom! Anyway whilst sitting there i saw loads of people walking up the hill, i assumed it was from the station! it was wierd! The traffic has made me miss an important deadline for some printing! bollox aint it now i am in the doo doo!
  • Sponsored links:

• 3hrs from Sidcup.
  • 24hrs from tulsa...
  • 40 minutes by motor car to Orpington from Medway.

If there was a train I could get to work I would, things like this however make me think..... F*ck that!
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Took me ages to get through plumstead woolwich and charlton today! ruddy nightmare i tell thee! I was on Charlton church lane after kineviling my way through the back roads, and there was traffic to about half way up the hill from the lights at the bottom! Anyway whilst sitting there i saw loads of people walking up the hill, i assumed it was from the station! it was wierd! The traffic has made me miss an important deadline for some printing! bollox aint it now i am in the doo doo!

shocking wasnt it, we did an about turn on charlton church lane, and came back down charlton lane. charlton road, lower road, all at a standstill. once we got across to bugsbys way we flew down to north greenwich. i left late tho, wouldnt have fancied being at north greenwich at 8this morning.
  • Wouldn't fancy North Greenwich at 6pm tonight either
  • Meant to be going to the valley today for a match ticket and ST renewal shall i give it a wide birth??
  • Yes i would. get it tomorrow if you can, selling till 6pm
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Took me ages to get through plumstead woolwich and charlton today! ruddy nightmare i tell thee! I was on Charlton church lane after kineviling my way through the back roads, and there was traffic to about half way up the hill from the lights at the bottom! Anyway whilst sitting there i saw loads of people walking up the hill, i assumed it was from the station! it was wierd! The traffic has made me miss an important deadline for some printing! bollox aint it now i am in the doo doo!

shocking wasnt it, we did an about turn on charlton church lane, and came back down charlton lane. charlton road, lower road, all at a standstill. once we got across to bugsbys way we flew down to north greenwich. i left late tho, wouldnt have fancied being at north greenwich at 8this morning.

it was awful, i went up swallowfield and on towards Victoria way, then right by that mot garage, then right onto woolwich road then past makro and bugsby way was lovely and clear! very odd!
  • i imagine it was a lot of people who dont normally drive to work just getting in their cars and driving the one route they know? i mean apparently greenwich and deptford were completley at a standstill so what was the point? but yeh couldnt believe how clear it was that way.
  • Sponsored links:

• it doesnt take much to choke up the roads nowadays..
  • At least no-one was speeding ;-)
  • Just got to work, hardly anyone in.

Took me 40mins to get from Cherry Orchard to North Greenwich, mainly because the traffic lights where f****** up again.
  • i dont know abot that carter you should have seen the cyclists... cutting everyone up they were as they were jumping lights.
  • You should all start at seven.

No traffic then and you get to finish earlier
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i imagine it was a lot of people who dont normally drive to work just getting in their cars and driving the one route they know? i mean apparently greenwich and deptford were completley at a standstill so what was the point? but yeh couldnt believe how clear it was that way.

yeah i bet it was a nightmare for people going a bit further into greenwich that we needed to!

[cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]it doesnt take much to choke up the roads nowadays..

Well a bit of rain and there you have it!
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]You should all start at seven.

No traffic then and you get to finish earlier

but then you have to get up and idiot o clock! sod that, id take a half 10 start anyday!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i dont know abot that carter you should have seen the cyclists... cutting everyone up they were as they were jumping lights.

Excellent stuff ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i dont know abot that carter you should have seen the cyclists... cutting everyone up they were as they were jumping lights.

Savages, all leads to bloody anarchy you ask me...

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i dont know abot that carter you should have seen the cyclists... cutting everyone up they were as they were jumping lights.

Savages, all leads to bloody anarchy you ask me...

;-)

I know, saying that the monthly Critical Mass ride is tomorrow night, always a good way to annoy a few cab drivers