Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    cafctom said:

Im struggling with the Arya story. Do those people go there to die and the faceless men use them as people they can turn into??

I'm struggling to understand where she is, who are the people there, what they're talking about, why - everything.

I haven't really understood what she has been doing the past few seasons, even when she was just randomly riding around with that big hairy bloke.
    She's in Braavos at the House of Black and White which is a temple to the many faced god and home to the faceless men.

Sandor Clegane (the Hound) is the Mountain's (Gregor Clegane) younger brother, he took Arya when he fled King's Landing in a hope to sell her up North. He also likes chicken.

HTH.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Well being the GoT nerd I am I just got asked by a mate to go to Monday's Thronecast with him, well happy.

Very jealous!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

Im struggling with the Arya story. Do those people go there to die and the faceless men use them as people they can turn into??

I'm struggling to understand where she is, who are the people there, what they're talking about, why - everything.

I haven't really understood what she has been doing the past few seasons, even when she was just randomly riding around with that big hairy bloke.
    She's in Braavos at the House of Black and White which is a temple to the many faced god and home to the faceless men.

Sandor Clegane (the Hound) is the Mountain's (Gregor Clegane) younger brother, he took Arya when he fled King's Landing in a hope to sell her up North. He also likes chicken.

HTH.
    So why does she want revenge on her own family?
  • Options
    why do you think she does?
  • Options
    Jints said:

I've no idea - I've completely lost track of it. Whenever I watch the episodes I have to follow on Wikipedia at the same time to try and make sense of it all.

I would stop watching altogether if I hadn't spent so long catching up with it.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Jints said:

I've no idea - I've completely lost track of it. Whenever I watch the episodes I have to follow on Wikipedia at the same time to try and make sense of it all.

She wants to avenge her family, who have been pretty much wiped out by the Lannisters not take revenge upon her family (unless I've missed something pretty major !).
  • Options
    Stick to Hollyoaks Tom.
  • Options
    Ok, that makes sense - I read your first post wrong.

• Options
    se9addick said:

cafctom said:

Jints said:

She wants to avenge her family, who have been pretty much wiped out by the Lannisters not take revenge upon her family (unless I've missed something pretty major !).
    Yep this is it.

Her arc is hitting rock bottom and facing death, becoming strong, growing physically and mentally, and coming back for vengeance (hence the list of names she likes to reel off). Presumably there'll be a bit more of a twist in her end game. Or Jaqar will influence her in another direction, but the last scene with him implied he understands she doesn't want to be nobody, she just wants to be invisible to get where she wants to go. As great as Maisie Williams is, she needs to physically grow a bit if they're going to convince me she's a deadly assassin.

It's a really interesting one because hardly anyone knows she's still alive, much like Bran. But Bran's arc, controlling animals and such, seems to synch up with Danearys's failure to control dragons. And dragons are coming just as winter and the white walkers are. And we know what kills white walkers already.

But with King's Landing looking like it's going to become a total madhouse, I wonder who it is Danearys will eventually come back to fight with.
  • Options
    My friend came up with an interesting theory before the last episode- Joran and Tyrion make their way to Khaleesi- she hates both of them and puts them in the pits (that she's just reopened) - Jorah grows to like the imp and with the news that he's gonna die anyway, lets Tyrion kill him

I believe it more and more every day!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big_Bob said:

My friend came up with an interesting theory before the last episode- Joran and Tyrion make their way to Khaleesi- she hates both of them and puts them in the pits (that she's just reopened) - Jorah grows to like the imp and with the news that he's gonna die anyway, lets Tyrion kill him

I believe it more and more every day!

Maybe, I think ultimately Tyrion will end up as Khaleesi's main advisor (kind of like the kings hand in kings landing).
  • Options
    My mate said to me he was watching a q+a and (after the scene where the hound dies) they said put your hand up if your characters dead. A few put their hands up but apparently the actor who plays the hound hid under the table. And remember we didn't actually see the hound take his last breath as such. Could be something in it?
  • Options

My mate said to me he was watching a q+a and (after the scene where the hound dies) they said put your hand up if your characters dead. A few put their hands up but apparently the actor who plays the hound hid under the table. And remember we didn't actually see the hound take his last breath as such. Could be something in it?

I think the Hounds definitely alive and we'll return next series. No way would Game of Thrones kill off a major character by just letting him quietly die on the side of a road.
  • Options
    It's quite a popular theory he isn't dead. Unless you see a severed or exploding head assume they aren't dead.

I'm fully expecting Syrio to rock up at some point in the house of black and white. Or his face at least.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    colthe3rd said:

It's quite a popular theory he isn't dead. Unless you see a severed or exploding head assume they aren't dead.

I'm fully expecting Syrio to rock up at some point in the house of black and white. Or his face at least.

Who's Syrio ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

colthe3rd said:

Who's Syrio ?
    the guy that taught Arya how to sword fight.
  • Options

se9addick said:

colthe3rd said:

Who's Syrio ?
    the guy that taught Arya how to sword fight.
    Oh yeah, he was quality.
  • Options
    I think arya will only truly become nobody once she has killed everyone on her list. Which is how her arc will end.
  • Options
    Ramsey Bolton is a great character to watch, a total nutter. He does the worst things imaginable but is still somehow likeable. Great acting by the guy who plays him as well. Roose Bolton also pretty fascinating.

Where is Bran in this series?
  • Options
    I'm missing hodor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

Ramsey Bolton is a great character to watch, a total nutter. He does the worst things imaginable but is still somehow likeable. Great acting by the guy who plays him as well. Roose Bolton also pretty fascinating.

I believe he's off in a tree doing weird animal stuff. I don't think he's appearing this series at all.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Chunes said:

I believe he's off in a tree doing weird animal stuff. I don't think he's appearing this series at all.

Disappointing - that storyline was really boring and then when it finally got interesting in the last episode of the season it gets put on hold for a year !
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Brans back in Season 15
  • Options

Brans back in Season 15

Bloody hell, surely that's about a decade away ?
  • Options
    Shame that Varys seems not to be involved any more.
  • Options
    Probably taking a cue from the books where you had the 'main' story - King's Landing, the Starks and The Wall and then 'the rest' - e.g. the Khaleesi, the Viking dudes, the Martells, etc going through each book telling what was happening simultaneously. From memory, Bran's story has pretty much caught up with the books already anyway, and Varys will presumably be back but there's a little way to go before he becomes at all relevant again if they stick to the same basic storyline.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

First rule of tv - if they die offscreen, they didn't die offscreen. I'm not a book reader but I know there's a connection between the rumours of the Hound's ongoing killing, and the body under the blanket in that dodgy doctor's laboratory.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

colthe3rd said:

First rule of tv - if they die offscreen, they didn't die offscreen. I'm not a book reader but I know there's a connection between the rumours of the Hound's ongoing killing, and the body under the blanket in that dodgy doctor's laboratory.
    You might be getting the Hound and the Mountain mixed up there
  • Options
    Brilliant