Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Watched series 2 on sky plus couple a weeks ago. Found it compelling but hard to follow. Ordered DVD of first series. Watched that and then series 2 again. Finished series 3 last night.

#########Spoiler Alert##################

##################################################################

WTF

During series 3 I had to contend with Heads, nipples, hands and knobs being chopped off! And, our CEO brutally murdered at a wedding dinner!

Not read any of the books so all these incidents were unexpected and because of that truly shocking. Glad I have not read the books because I think some of the impact of these incidents would have been less visceral.
  • @Red_in_SE8 hahaha that katrien shout is a good one!

The first four episodes leaking isn't really surprising these days. I'm going to resist the urge to smash them all in one night though. Also they are all leaked in 360p so definitely not worth it imo. Can't wait until tomorrow night though so going to download tonight's one in HD as soon as it becomes available usually about 4 in the morning :D
  • I don't mind watching it in lo-res for now, I'll watch it in HD as well, good excuse to watch it again.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I don't mind watching it in lo-res for now, I'll watch it in HD as well, good excuse to watch it again.

I've got a download for normal tv definition now for first four episodes... test of my will power now.
  • A decent first episode. Felt a bit slow in parts but seemed more of a reintroduction to the various strands of storyline.

Expecting things to get tastier next week.
  • Watched the first two last night. Very good picture on both. Unfortunately this is ruined by the continuing appearance of the wet blanket that is Sansa Stark.
  • Yeah was a bit slow but to be expected. Just made me realise how much ive missed it.
  • I'm still hooked.
  • ***SPOILER ALERT**** only watch if you have seen first four seasons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9bVpkigy5s
  • edited April 2015
    It was a gentle welcome back. I think John Snow potentially will have the Wildling considering following him whereas Stannis won't be happy and Danaerys is still a sight to behold.

There was a bit too much of the old oooh look how close they were to one another...
  • Sponsored links:

• Sansa's voice totally confused me so I have no idea what she was talking about when in that carriage with Little finger. The dubbing seemed a bit off for lots of them thinking about it afterwards. Still, enjoyed the episode and looking forward to ep 2 next monday.
  • Anyone else just stop paying attention whenever Danaerys is on screen now? I think at the end of the series I'll need someone to give me a recap of what she did over the course of the 10 episodes, my brain refuses to acknowledge her boring presence anymore
  • Anyone else just stop paying attention whenever Danaerys is on screen now? I think at the end of the series I'll need someone to give me a recap of what she did over the course of the 10 episodes, my brain refuses to acknowledge her boring presence anymore

Nope. Whenever she's on I'm paying attention ( well, part of me is )...

Being boring is not why my attention is distracted.
  • Yeah I'm not a fan of Dany. Unfortunately seems as if she will be in it for the long haul. However, as with last night she is a more interesting character when you get to see her more vulnerable and not just the idealistic ruler she tries to be.

Finally we are getting to the Cersei being responsible for what happened to Robert. I've been saying it for quite a while. I don't think it's a coincidence either that Jon Arryn, Robert Baratheon and Joffrey Baratheon all died of poisoning. Not a book reader (well I've read the first one but the show has gone well past that) so it's all speculation on my part just I still think she had something to do with Joffrey.
  • Forgot how tidy Melisandre is. Her voice is quite annoying though.

• Was defo a warm up for better things to come
  • edited April 2015
    Dany or Melisandre?

That is a question that will tell a lot about you with your answer.

Personally I'll miss Ygritte, she wasn't the best looking but drew me in more than Dany or any of the female character's so far.
  • Just thought the Viper's brother is a king or lord elsewhere isn't he? Surely he will not accept his brother's death technically at the hands of the Lannisters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Forgot how tidy Melisandre is. Her voice is quite annoying though.

Dany or Melisandre that is a question

Margaery Tyrell
    Still after Dany for looks for me, but it is a close run thing.
  • edited April 2015
    Dany's two handmaidens are/were both pretty damn hot too. Roxanne McKee and Nathalie Emmanuel. Both are/were in Hollyoaks too but less chance of seeing them topless in that :)
  • Dazzler21 said:

Just thought the Viper's brother is a king or lord elsewhere isn't he? Surely he will not accept his brother's death technically at the hands of the Lannisters.

I think it's the Viper's father (based on the books). He is the actual prince or Dorne. he has 3 daughters as well. I would expect to see them in this series as that is where Mycella (cersei's daughter has been sent)
  • Rizzo said:

Dany's two handmaidens are/were both pretty damn hot too. Roxanne McKee and Nathalie Emmanuel. Both are/were in Hollyoaks too but less chance of seeing them topless in that :)

Oh yes, Roxanne Mckee is a weapon.
  • cabbles said:

Dazzler21 said:

Just thought the Viper's brother is a king or lord elsewhere isn't he? Surely he will not accept his brother's death technically at the hands of the Lannisters.

I think it's the Viper's father (based on the books). He is the actual prince or Dorne. he has 3 daughters as well. I would expect to see them in this series as that is where Mycella (cersei's daughter has been sent)
    ************possible spoiler alert********************************

It's the viper's brother that is King Of Dorne. At least one of the sand snakes speaks to him as her uncle and wants revenge for her father i.e Oberyn.
  • JWADDICK said:

cabbles said:

Dazzler21 said:

It's the viper's brother that is King Of Dorne. At least one of the sand snakes speaks to him as her uncle and wants revenge for her father i.e Oberyn.
    Oberyn was a good character, wish he'd survived to this season.
  • se9addick said:

JWADDICK said:

cabbles said:

Dazzler21 said:

This is exactly what makes GOT great. Any character you begin to like or support, they kill in the worse way possible. Quality TV!
  • se9addick said:

JWADDICK said:

cabbles said:

Dazzler21 said:

This is exactly what makes GOT great. Any character you begin to like or support, they kill in the worse way possible. Quality TV!
    Oh absolutely, I still remember being completely shocked when Ned Stark was beheaded at the end of season one, no other show would do that.
  • se9addick said:

JWADDICK said:

cabbles said:

Dazzler21 said:

It is pretty refreshing that no-one is safe. I do find as someone whose read the books (and knowing a few more deaths yet to come) it gets to the point where I stopped bothering to want ANYONE to win or even survive though, as anyone who begins to look vaguely sympathetic is almost certain to get offed shortly afterwards. It's a trick GRRM plays just a little too often but the series is different enough that I still get involved.

(Well that and the ludicrous number of unfeasibly attractive females. Yeah, I am that shallow.)
  • I thought last nights episode was a good re-introduction (it felt shorter than normal, not sure why).

I re watched seasons 1-4 over the last couple of months and realised that the central character to the plot isn't a Stark, or a Lannister, or a Targaryen - it's Little Finger. He sets everything in motion, he's involved in pretty much every characters storyline in some way and pretty much everything happens because of him.