Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Forest match thread 3/3/15

Comments

• As long as Wattokele and Henderson are on the teamsheet, we'll be fine
  • Dr Kish strikes again. Weird line up, but I would have preferred Bikey at centre half. Can I change my prediction from 1-1 to 4-0 to Nottingham Forest.
  • Bringing Harriott in means either playing him on the wrong side, or changing Bulot over from where he's been so effective recently. Eagles on the right would have made more sense but there you go. Strange line up but with JC, IV and TWWW then we've got a chance.
  • And still no TBH...suddenly not confident at all!
  • with all the injuries, whatever team he puts out would be strange, lets hope he knows more than we think he does
  • terrible line-up. Bikey has to start if no Johnson and Eagles should be in instead of Harriott.

RD doing the team selection again then ??

I predict a 3-0 loss.
  • Henderson (c), Wilson, Gomez, Bulot, Diarra, Vetokele, Buyens, Fox, Cousins, Watt, Harriott

I actually thought you were playing a little joke there, RM.
    I guess with the players he CANT play due to injury he's decided this is our 0 points game. Give the fringe players game time. We cant get promoted, no shame losing to Forest etc.
  • Wow, this could totally blow up in Luzon's face. Probably the worst team I've seen him pick. Hope it works out though.
  • 4-1 forest
  • He really doesn't fancy Bikey, does he?
  • Sponsored links:

• This doesnt look good, I really hope Im wrong, please please be wrong
  • Be interested to see how we line up
  • Jackson's evidently not picked the team tonight.

;o)
  • Wilson was quality at RB last season imo
  • I thought Diarra was supposed to be decent at centre back?
  • Henderson (c), Wilson, Gomez, Bulot, Diarra, Vetokele, Buyens, Fox, Cousins, Watt, Harriott

I guess with the players he CANT play due to injury he's decided this is our 0 points game. Give the fringe players game time. We cant get promoted, no shame losing to Forest etc.
    Yes, but home games sell tickets for next season. Beat Forest all is good, followed by a loss to Cardiff away, weak team who cares. Injury is a different matter and also beating Cardiff keeps them down there. Beer is cold in the East Stand.
  • Injuries considered, the only truly weird selection is Cal-Haz over Eagles. I'd probably give Diarra a go over Bikey, who has been behaving erratically in games lately - even for him.
  • BBC seem to have it right:
    Henderson
    Wilson/Gomez/Diarra/Fox
    Hariott/Cousins/Buyens/Bulot
    Watt/Vetokele
  • Congrats Hendo too! (lol that autocorrected to the first name of the Forest skipper...an omen?)
  • Bit of a "bonus" game tonight, let the players with little niggles have rest and recover. Go again Saturday!!

COYR.............
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody hell. Yoni Buyens needs to put in a proper shift tonight. I know Jordan will, but that back four needs some protection.
  • Don't get why the team couldn't have been

Gomez Bikey Diarra Fox
    Or
    Wilson Gomez Bikey Fox
    Or
    Gomez Bikey Onyewu Fox

And

Eagles Buyens Cousins Bulot
    Or
    Wilson Buyens Cousins Bulot

But I'm sure Luzon has his reasons
  • A bit unlucky to have such a lengthy injury list.

Forest play 4-3-3, defending into 4-5-1.

I wonder if there's some sort of plan to match up Forest's 5 in midfield, yet still maintain 2 strikers?
    Which would mean 3 at the back, with Gomez and Fox flanking Diarra.

• Gammysnr said:

Henderson (c), Wilson, Gomez, Bulot, Diarra, Vetokele, Buyens, Fox, Cousins, Watt, Harriott

Yes, but home games sell tickets for next season. Beat Forest all is good, followed by a loss to Cardiff away, weak team who cares. Injury is a different matter and also beating Cardiff keeps them down there. Beer is cold in the East Stand.
    All fair points. Other option is that GL has seen something in Callum, Wilson et al that hasn't been displayed to us lot recently.
  • Zero protection for two 2nd choice fullbacks. No leader at centreback. Whatever way you dress it up its a (being kind) weird selection.

Recent success has been built on players being played in their proper positions.
  • Oggy Red said:

A bit unlucky to have such a lengthy injury list.

I wonder if there's some sort of plan to match up Forest's 5 in midfield, yet still maintain 2 strikers?

Suicide if so
  • edited March 2015
    Oggy Red said:

A bit unlucky to have such a lengthy injury list.

It would make sense until you remember that Harriott or Bulot are the only option at left wing back (while the other plays CM). Unlikely IMO.
  • 30 mins till ko
  • Ouch, just as the team was becoming almost perfectly moulded we see this one! Think RJ was crucial to Fox's & Gomez's performances, think Wilson Diarra Fox & Gomez is a disaster waiting to happen in defence . Gomez is young and needs experience around him, Diarra is being chucked in the deep end here. Shade worried, perhaps 1-2 loss? Let's hope Igor and Watt score enough to keep that defence confident.
  • Eagles should be playing but had a nightmare 5 hour journey to get here so Callum drafted in, SSN