Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Credit due to the sports pyschologist here.

edited February 2015 in General Charlton
A reminder... http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2087967#Comment_2087967

I believe that along with the placing of players in their best positions, the sport pyschologist has played his/her part in the resurrection... The players' skills are always there but it's the mindset that was letting them down.

Credit due where it should go...

Comments

• Options
    Agree. I think this is a key role.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Surely Guy , his coaching team and the players should get a bit of credit as well?
  • Options
    Maybe & I ain't knocking it. But you neglected to mention half a new team of far better players, that may have had something to do with it ?

Henderson, Johnson, Eagles, Diarra, Bulot, Watt
  • Options
    Agree with covered end, better player who even thou a little rusty,
    have played at a higher level than the championship.
    Also now the pressure off for Igor because of Tony Watt's abillity to run at defences. and he isn't being marked by 2 players any more because of having more players in the attack.
    Winning is the best way to get the head right and be positive.
    Also we seemed to pass the ball to people with the same colour shirts on.

Just glad Guy took my advise at H/t against Norwich, and played Tony with Igor and not Harriott. My work here is done.

It's your baby now Guy, keep being positive in the home games and the fans will accept you in double quick time.
  • Options
    Yup, but I felt that Bulot, Igor and possibly Watt were a bit out of sorts until this? Yes the team coming together helped and may have gelled together quicker thru this process... Just saying here...
  • Options
    Bulot had hardly had a look in, and when he had he was played out of position. Igor was played as a lone striker - which is not his game, and the first time Igor and Tony played together for any extended time was in the second half against Norwich and the rest is history.