Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joy Divison BBC4 21.00-22.35

New documentary with previously unseen footage (so it says).

Comments

• Options
    ooo thanks for the heads up, brilliant band. Never made a bad song.
  • Options
    Have you seen the dvd Joy Division - Their own story in Their own words.
  • Options
    Really looking forward to this as they are one of my favourite bands.

Peter Hook's book is well worth a read for anyone who has not checked it out as yet.
  • Options
    Nice alert covered cheers
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Absolutely love them. amazed that we ever lived in a time where a band like that could be well liked.

Born too late.
  • Options
    I saw Joy Division at the Rainbow, supporting the Buzzcocks, 1978. the bass was turned up to 11, loud and drowned out everything. Curtis was manic. I hadn't seen anything like it before. it was definitely ground-breaking. went out and bought their latest single the next day. Transmission/ Novelty. great picture cover- I still have it. the Buzzcocks were pretty good live as well.
  • Options
    Just found this cheers ...taping the second showing
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

I saw Joy Division at the Rainbow, supporting the Buzzcocks, 1978. the bass was turned up to 11, loud and drowned out everything. Curtis was manic. I hadn't seen anything like it before. it was definitely ground-breaking. went out and bought their latest single the next day. Transmission/ Novelty. great picture cover- I still have it. the Buzzcocks were pretty good live as well.

It was superb, they were both special
  • Options

Really looking forward to this as they are one of my favourite bands.

Peter Hook's book is well worth a read for anyone who has not checked it out as yet.

Agreed about the book
  • Options
    Saw Joy Division at the Nashville Rooms in 1979 - think my ticket cost less than £2. Didn't appreciate them at the time - changed music.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Incredible band. New Order weren't too bad either!
  • Options

Saw Joy Division at the Nashville Rooms in 1979 - think my ticket cost less than £2. Didn't appreciate them at the time - changed music.

Was at the Nashville rooms gig, also saw them at the Marquee with the Cure and later at The Moonlight club.

Sold Tickets for the New Order gig at Heaven with Section 25 & The Stockholm Monsters.
  • Options
    Cracking band another talent gone far to soon in fact near on 2 weeks before I was born
  • Options
    Heaven was New Order's first ever gig under that guise? And Disorder is still one of the best opening tracks on an album IMHO you could hear. I Player tomorrow night keeps on calling me, hopefully not after an atrocity exhibition...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure "She's lost control" was written for me personally.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Watching it now. Excellent. Uplifting but also tragic.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure "She's lost control" was written for me personally.

My second favourite song of theirs. It was about a lady having an epileptic seizure. The baseline is perhaps the greatest of any song.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    for me, "atmosphere" and "isolation" are two tracks I've listened to when i've been very depressed, it's incredibly and weirdly comforting to know some one has written in words and made musical sounds that are the exact kind of emotions and feelings you go through.