Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blur Hyde Park Saturday 20th June

edited February 2015 in Not Sports Related
They are on pre sale today, if you have an axs a/c. max 4 each. General sale tomorrow. Saw them in 2012. They were excellent.

http://www.axs.com/uk/events/268363/blur-tickets/promopage/1994?skin=bst&uk_et_cid=Blur+BST+presale+solus+250215&jobID=35542289&uk_et_rid=SF.WHITE@ntlworld.com

Comments

• Options
    New album material aside, £80 is alot to see a show that will be very similar to the 2012 Olympic closing gig imho.
  • Options
    Yeah saw them at the Olympic '12 gig. As going to see the Foo Fighters the night before and going to Amsterdam on the Sunday, regrettably going to give this a miss.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The way they split up Hyde Park and make you pay more to get nearer the front means I won't be going to a gig there again unless they make another gaff and sell the tickets for £2.50. Plus I saw blur in 2012 at Hyde Park and passed out with dehydration because there was no way to get any water without losing your friends.

Thankfully I saw their first gig of that tour at Margate Winter Gardens as well which is one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

£80 just for general admission to this is a joke.
  • Options

Yeah saw them at the Olympic '12 gig. As going to see the Foo Fighters the night before and going to Amsterdam on the Sunday, regrettably going to give this a miss.

Ha. I'm seeing The Foo Fighters at Wembley the day before you lightweight :smile:
  • Options
    West2003 said:

The way they split up Hyde Park and make you pay more to get nearer the front means I won't be going to a gig there again unless they make another gaff and sell the tickets for £2.50. Plus I saw blur in 2012 at Hyde Park and passed out with dehydration because there was no way to get any water without losing your friends.

Thankfully I saw their first gig of that tour at Margate Winter Gardens as well which is one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Make you pay more at the front ? I've never known this & I get pretty close to the front.

Take your water/beer with you, strange comment, if I may be so bold.
  • Options
    Saw them at the last Hyde Park show. Not sure I'd want to see them again incase it didn't live up to that day/night. If you haven't seen them, do it. They're amazing live.
  • Options
    £8 SERVICE CHARGE ON THE £85 TICKETS
  • Options

Ha. I'm seeing The Foo Fighters at Wembley the day before you lightweight :smile:
    Ok. I don't fancy it as I would have to go on my own (always a bind) and have to be up at 3am for my flight to Amsterdam. Actually think the price is too high too.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

West2003 said:

Make you pay more at the front ? I've never known this & I get pretty close to the front.

Take your water/beer with you, strange comment, if I may be so bold.
    Don't think they're doing the price structuring this year, possibly due to the trouble at The Libertines gig or maybe because ticket sales went badly, but last year for the BST series, general admission was around £60, then priority admission was £70 which got you closer to the stage and then right at the front was about £80 or £90, then there was some sort of Barclays Garden as well which was a bit more expensive. They did the same structuring although much more expensive the year before for the Stones as well. After the £2.50 ticket fiasco last summer, we 4 tickets for a tenner and ended up being given priority admission wristbands for free by one of the volunteers.

And yeah I was an idiotic 18 year-old at the time, but it was still difficult to get water if you ran out if you were deep in the crowd.
  • Options
    Can't think of anything worse than listening to one of Blur's CDs, let alone live
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    These shows at Hyde Park are a complete rip off. For the Arcade Fire one last year we waited until the summer, they "accidentally" dropped the prices to £5 a ticket a week before the gig, picked up a load then. I wouldn't have been too pleased had I paid £65 and found that out. So my tip is if you are considering going is to wait and see if anything similar happens again.
  • Options

Can't think of anything worse than listening to one of Blur's CDs, let alone live

You don't want to live?

I know it's bad under Duchalet but stick with it.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

These shows at Hyde Park are a complete rip off. For the Arcade Fire one last year we waited until the summer, they "accidentally" dropped the prices to £5 a ticket a week before the gig, picked up a load then. I wouldn't have been too pleased had I paid £65 and found that out. So my tip is if you are considering going is to wait and see if anything similar happens again.

Where could you buy tickets for a £5 last year & how did you become aware ?
  • Options
    Love Blur and seen them many times (inc Warwick Uni on their first ever tour in about 91, when the only song anyone knew was "she's so high") but no way will I go to a gig this size - whatever happens you're going to be surrounded by twats, be a mile from the stage and the sound just won't work (yes, I am - also - a miserable old git)...look out for warm up gigs or wait for the DVD...
  • Options
    I also went to the 2012 gig and apart from taking over an hour to get to the bar, thought it was a great gig. But at those prices, I'm out.........
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Where could you buy tickets for a £5 last year & how did you become aware ?
    A link to a AXS staff ticket page where they could buy tickets from themselves, family and friends for £2.50 each got leaked or shared out and went around quite quickly. AXS said tickets remained valid (presumably because they hadn't been selling well anyway). I found out myself as the link got posted on a music forum, because all the BST Hyde Park gigs were on sale on this link, including the Neil Young one.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    saw them in 2012 and they were brilliant, best gig i've been to. Albarn screaming out through tears the final chorus of "The Universal" like it was the last thing he'd ever sing was spine tingling.

having said that i agree with some above, i believe the gates opened at 2pm and all the food etc was ridiculously expensive, especially for a group of 18 year old lads who've just finished school. Was a cool day, met the head of animation at dreamworks randomly in camden town whilst pretty high. One of the guys i went wanted us to leave before their first encore as well because he told his girlfriend he'd be back in time. Guy was a mammoth prick, glad i don't know him anymore.
  • Options
    It would appear to have come as a shock to the 18 year olds, that the price of food and drink is expensive at gigs.
    I'll let you into a secret. It's expensive anywhere, where you haven't an alternative. Sports stadiums, motorway service stations, tourist venues etc.

The key is to eat before you go in and maybe also have some cheaper drinks elsewhere.

If you pre load on beer/water, at an early stage and stop before the main act, you can also get out of the masses, have a pee and return to the masses. Sounds patronising, but it isn't meant to be. :smile:

• Options
    Yeah but when it's £5 for beer and your choices are limited even me (as someone older than 18) thinks it is too much.

Another pro tip though, you can get foldable drink bottles form Tiger for a couple of quid, they have a clip that attaches nicely to your belt loop and you can tuck the bottle inside your trousers.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Yeah but when it's £5 for beer and your choices are limited even me (as someone older than 18) thinks it is too much.

Another pro tip though, you can get foldable drink bottles form Tiger for a couple of quid, they have a clip that attaches nicely to your belt loop and you can tuck the bottle inside your trousers.

Wtf ? :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure how that could be explained any clearer.
  • Options
    Apologies, what do you do with these foldable drink bottles ?
  • Options
    You can fill them up with drink to take in with you.

Would you like me to explain how to drink from them?
  • Options
    Surely if it is going to be filled with beer, you might as well use a normal bottle ?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    colthe3rd said:

So you're not searched then ? All venues I go to, where you can't take in drink, you are searched.

Perhaps the stewards swerve you, because they think you have elephantitis ? :smiley:
  • Options
    That was the longest ever queue to get into a concert that 2012 gig. Then long queues at the bar, reminded me why i dont like big events. Mind you we had a touch on one mammoth queue.. bought 8 drinks and my pal waited with her 40 quid in hand and the woman never came back. 4 pints and 4 vodka somethings all for nowt.

• Options

It would appear to have come as a shock to the 18 year olds, that the price of food and drink is expensive at gigs.
    I'll let you into a secret. It's expensive anywhere, where you haven't an alternative. Sports stadiums, motorway service stations, tourist venues etc.

The key is to eat before you go in and maybe also have some cheaper drinks elsewhere.

If you pre load on beer/water, at an early stage and stop before the main act, you can also get out of the masses, have a pee and return to the masses. Sounds patronising, but it isn't meant to be. :smile:

yeah but when the first band is on at 2pm and the gig finishes at 11pm on a hot summers day, you're gonna need refreshments at some point.
  • Options

gr8 b8 m8
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

So you're not searched then ? All venues I go to, where you can't take in drink, you are searched.

Perhaps the stewards swerve you, because they think you have elephantitis ? :smiley:
    Yeah they do all look impressed.

I've been to enough festivals to know how to get my own drink inside. If it's stashed down the front of my jeans it is never found.
  • Options

yeah but when the first band is on at 2pm and the gig finishes at 11pm on a hot summers day, you're gonna need refreshments at some point.
    Have a few pints & some grub in the @Spoons outside Victoria.

Then have a few more pints inside, but stop around 7.30, before the queues get too long & it gives you plenty of time to go to the loo, before moving back in towards the front.