Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diarra interview after Derby game

Comments

• Options
    Easy to say he's stating the obvious but I sense a true determination from those quotes; let's hope his actions live up to his words.
  • Options
    Could and should be a quality addition, hope it works out
  • Options
    Yes, a good interview.
  • Options
    Like what he says
  • Options
    How did he do once he came on?
  • Options
    Think he'll come straight in for Wilson in CM and given Solly is fit to play again that'd be the only change
  • Options

Think he'll come straight in for Wilson in CM and given Solly is fit to play again that'd be the only change

Is RD making that choice or has that ship sailed?
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

Not even going to bother biting. Better luck next time
  • Options
    PL54 said:

He was brilliant. Could've been my MOTM if he played from the start. Really liked the way he made sure he got stuck in, even during the warm up, making sure he was high-fiving the other players etc. and making a generally good impression.
    Coming over the clap the fans at the end was a nice touch, though the majority of players did so anyway.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    DeeBee said:

As Wilson played in front of Lepoint, Could this be Guys own work ?
    For last night only he could have been the tinkerman,
    But let's take the loss. Tony has another game under his belt,
    Diarra got 45 mins and did fine according to the folk who went.
    Ro Jo got another 90 mins, which was good.

Diarra has had so little football in last two years is a worry but has had periods before like that in his career.
    Let's hope he has enough class to dovetail into our team straight away.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

PL54 said:

He was brilliant. Could've been my MOTM if he played from the start. Really liked the way he made sure he got stuck in, even during the warm up, making sure he was high-fiving the other players etc. and making a generally good impression.
    Coming over the clap the fans at the end was a nice touch, though the majority of players did so anyway.
    And he was fit after 3 games in as many years?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

he was alright .. feeling his way but his class/potential is obvious .. good in the air as befits a man of 6' 3" .. my mate commented that he 'looks like Patrick Vierra' .. errrr not quite but he was a big improvement on Lawrie Wilson and should have started
  • Options
    Him and Cousins CM's and Buyens not in the team. Happy days.
  • Options
    Johnson had not played for a good few months, he played about an hour of an under 21 game and then started next game, sounds like this could be the way for Diarra
  • Options
    Luzon's dilemma would have been does Diarra start the game, or does he finish the game as pushing him for the full 90 is a) pretty reckless and b) counter-productive given the game will have been given much less priority than Saturday's will, quite correctly. Presumably if he'd started and flagged later then Wilson would have been given the nod to come on to see what he could do - he HAS played in that role before, at a lower level admittedly.

Seems like we started badly but Diarra made a good impact, though there was absolutely no way Luzon could have known in fairness. Reckon we may see Diarra start against Huddersfield now.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Him and Cousins CM's and Buyens not in the team. Happy days.

You have to think we might not see Wilson again now unless Solly gets injured. He's out of contract in the summer and and I reckon Gomez is ahead of him for RB. I thought he might play Solly in the centre.

Also it doesn't say much about LePoint if Wilson can get a game ahead of him centrally
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Johnson had not played for a good few months, he played about an hour of an under 21 game and then started next game, sounds like this could be the way for Diarra

Probably easier for a central defender, as a midfielder will have to cover more mileage on the pitch
  • Options
    "We have to be 100 percent from the first minute until the last minute."

Yes, it's obvious but how often does it happen? Even in games we've won we've often had a good 45 minutes rather than a good 90. That's been a problem for years. I hope his attitude and experience rubs off on the rest of the team and sees us competing from the first whistle.