Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone looking forward to tonight's game?

Me too. It's a nice feeling! The pressure has suddenly been lifted.

Comments

• Options
    Got to view this as a 'bonus ball' game. Can't expect a win, but at least there is now a feeling that we might!
    Bring it on, I say!
  • Options
    Where is the pre match write up ?

A point would be magnificent
    I'll be delighted if the scum only gain a point on us tonight
  • Options
    Derby will want one over on us after the early season 3-2 and that's why I'm not looking forward to it. I think we'll get a down-to-earth thumping lol
  • Options
    Won't be satisfied unless we win 3-0.
  • Options
    We will turn them over 3-1 fact
  • Options

Where is the pre match write up ?

To busy preparing Chris Powell face masks for Saturday
    You mean the one that I designed....... that appeared in the trust news a while back..........?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm hopeful, but realistic. If we lose 3 or 4-0 then we lost to the team top of the table having only won twice in 3 months, if we narrowly lose then I'd take it as a slightly disappointing result as small margins have worked against us throughout this season, if we draw it'd be a hard earned point that is vital to keep our momentum going, and if we win it shows that form is everything in this league and the old cliché of anyone can beat anyone is true
  • Options
    yep - tonight is a 'free hit', no pressure at all and I reckon we could surprise them
  • Options
    I suspect the home support is looking forward to this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh yes .. can't wait to get there
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Im working in BIrmingham today and tomorrow, so will hopefully be attending - if I can get a ticket. can you pay on night does anybody know?
  • Options
    Park the bus rest some of our attackers see if we can nick it if not no big deal . Hopefully come out all guns blazing against udders
  • Options
    If we don't convincingly annihilate them with each of our players getting a brace then I will be spending all of Saturday's game screaming at luzon, the board and Chris Solly in what will later be described as "an unyielding torrent of vile abuse".

You have been warned Charlton.

On the other hand would not be too disappointed with a point.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    MY local TV BBC programme on breakfast this morning (East Midlands) had an interview with Paul Simpson (First Team coach @ Derby) he said that tonight will not be an easy game for them. He said we have come into form and had 2 very good 3 -0 wins, we have two strikers in form and for Derby supporters not to "expect" a win. Weather up here is bitterly cold and the wind is blowing a gale at the moment, forecast for tonight is rain on and off.
    I'll be doing the match thread from 6.45. I think we could get a point here tonight and surprise a few people 1-1
  • Options
    As others have said, this game is a free hit so might as well go for it, 4-4-2 with an unchanged team.

Confidence will be high and we could quite easily get something out of it.
  • Options
    They won on Saturday but haven't been in great form recently. Losing at home to Forest and Reading and a couple of draws including a 3.3 at Rotherham. They are conceding goals so that gives us hope. I think we can spring a surprise tonight!
  • Options

Im working in BIrmingham today and tomorrow, so will hopefully be attending - if I can get a ticket. can you pay on night does anybody know?

http://charltonlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/66640/pay-on-the-day-tickets-dcfc-vs-charlton-athletic#latest
  • Options
    Not expecting anything from this one although I am a little more optimistic than I was after the Norwich defeat because I couldn't see where the next point was coming from let alone win. Would be happy if we scraped a draw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What do you mean you too? I was coming here to post that no I'm not looking forward to it.

We'll get beaten and all the doom and gloomers will come out and tear into Luzon for not beating the team in 1st.
  • Options
    Only a win tonight from this current regime is good enough.
  • Options
    Both Brentford and Wigan have turmoil behind the scenes and far weaker squads than Derby. How many of their players would get in the Derby team? This will be a completely different game to the previous 2 and I hope we approach it as such tactically. If we do lose, I hope we keep it to a small margin, write it off and focus on Sat.

Considering our now apparent strength on the counter, as long as we hold on to that clean sheet until the game settles down we may be enough of a threat, so an optimistic me thinks 1-1. A realistic me thinks 3-1 them. Either way, I'm keen to see how Luzon approaches this tactically as his 7th (sorry Seth) game in charge.
  • Options
    I have been particularly miserable and negative in my forecasts this term and I see no point in changing tack just because someone has drawn a diagram with a big arrow pointing to a goal and shown it to the players. Think we may score though so 3-1 to the Ramalamadingdongs...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

What do you mean you too? I was coming here to post that no I'm not looking forward to it.

We'll get beaten and all the doom and gloomers will come out and tear into Luzon for not beating the team in 1st.
    like when we lost to Boro

• Options

http://charltonlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/66640/pay-on-the-day-tickets-dcfc-vs-charlton-athletic#latest
    cheers Morts, just saw that. Happy days.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    I am! Got here about an hour ago after driving down from Cheadle after working there for the day. In Doncaster tomorrow so this was a perfect diversion. Booked into some hotel that's like a military SNCOs 'mess'! Takes me back!! Off for a pint now.
  • Options
    if Wigan had had a decent striker they would have been 2 up in the first 15 minutes, so I reckon a high scoring draw
    3-3
  • Options
    I would take a point now and not bother playing . surely maclaren is up for that .