Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell - He Deserves a Welcome

DMCDMC
edited February 2015 in General Charlton
I know to post this is very inflammatory but I have been sickened by the comments of some of my fellow addicks. We have won two games very comfortably - which is fabulous, however to see people saying that Powell doesn't deserve a clap, was a rubbish manager for us ect all of a sudden because things are looking a little rosier is truly disheartening.

I see it every season, when we are winning everyone loves the manager. When we lose it's a slagging off fest. I love Charlton as much as the next person and it hurts me to say this I don't think that there is another club that has fans as fickle as ours. How could we forget the man who worked himself to death for us and achieved incredible things; I'm not talking about league one here but more about how everyone thought we were going to go straight back down but ended up finishing 3 points off from the playoffs the season after. Not to forget the next season when CP took us to the quarters and kept us within 3 points of safety with 4 games in hand. If you can remember how empty the club was before he came then you should know how he saved us. We didn't sing "We've got our Charlton back" during his speech for nothing.

So on Saturday (not sunday!) lets back the team but also try to show some appreciation for a man who put everything into the club he loves. I think an applause in the third minute is in order to remember the good times SCP gave us. It only feels right.

COYR and full support for the Charlton; past and present.

Comments

• Options

He deserves an applause before and after the game.

During the game he's the opposition manager, nothing more.

I understand that but I don't see how 1 minute of applause is going to do any harm.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    100% Support for a warm welcome. Maybe admin could do some sort of banner :wink:
  • Options
    What's happening Sunday?
  • Options
    DMCDMC
    edited February 2015
    Fumbluff said:

What's happening Sunday?

We are playing Huddesfield - I think!

Edit
    Apologies just checked - its saturday!
  • Options
    He briefly gave us our charlton back before his limitations as a manager, mainly tactical, were exposed. It remain to be seen how he would have done had he been backed in the championship. I was critical of his tactics. But he bled for our club and was a thoroughly decent human being. For those reasons I will be applauding him to the rafters.
  • Options
    No.
    If anything he should get an applause before the game and I think that's pushing it tbh.
  • Options
    Has the game been switched , and I don,t know ? We are playing Saturday ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saturday, I think!
  • Options
    DMC said:

Fumbluff said:

What's happening Sunday?

We are playing Huddesfield - I think!
    Probably right...felt like we were playing them every day for a while there anyway!! :wink:
  • Options
    DMCDMC
    edited February 2015

Has the game been switched , and I don,t know ? We are playing Saturday ?

Nope its saturday I will change it - sorry about that aha
  • Options
    seth plum said:

There is talk of 'our' Charlton, and the sometimes unique values we Charlton fans have, and our feel for the important things. It is because we're Charlton that Chris Powell ought to get a fantastic reception on his first return, and I think he will.

absolutely. Its our charlton.
  • Options
    On Sunday?
  • Options
    He can have a quick clap as he comes out the tunnel and acknowledges everyone. Then he can be clapped off at the end if we win. Followed by a oooooo to see if he will do a tunnel jump.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DMC said:

I understand that but I don't see how 1 minute of applause is going to do any harm.
    Didn't he get that just after he was sacked?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

DMC said:

He wasn't there
  • Options
    DMC said:

PL54 said:

DMC said:

He wasn't there
    'cos he'd been sacked
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    RCT do you think our players who know SCP will be blanking him and ignoring him whatever the result is
    i very much doubt it and they wont be being disrespectful to us by acknowledging him
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Applauding Powell during the game ... hero worship gone too far, Pre match he deserves applause, but during the game he is the opposition manager. He won't get pelters during the match but he should not get applause.

He deserves exactly what Curbs got a - big defeat and I am hoping for.

If Curbs reads this mate he won't be happy you two timing him :wink: .
  • Options

RCT do you think our players who know SCP will be blanking him and ignoring him whatever the result is
    i very much doubt it

Course not but they won't be staring over at him winking and giving him the double thumbs up throughout the game. Well I'd hope not anyhow! ;-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Kap10 said:

Applauding Powell during the game ... hero worship gone too far, Pre match he deserves applause, but during the game he is the opposition manager. He won't get pelters during the match but he should not get applause.

He deserves exactly what Curbs got a - big defeat and I am hoping for.

If Curbs reads this mate he won't be happy you two timing him :wink: .
    Nor would he be happy with my poor original diction - well praps he won't.