Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Charlton Bet Of The Season ?

Ok, I know we are in danger of letting one (or 2 ) swallows make a spring, but is our recent turn in form worth a gamble.

After tomorrow night we do not have an away game against any team in the top 11 (highest left is Sheff weds).
At home only Bournmouth in the top 8 are left to come to the valley.

We have 14 games left and, 12 of those against teams who are as average as us.

SO WHATS THE CHANCE OF A TOP HALF FINISH

WE HAVE 39 POINTS

READING 40 POINTS 5/4
LEEDS 41 POINTS 11/8
SHEFF WEDS 40 Points 7/4

CHARLTON 4/1 (Prices Bet Victor)

Surely with our upturn in form, new signings, and our run in we can finish12th or higher and take the money !

Or for the completely rose tinted that it's a new dawn, 66/1 for top 6 finish.

Views

Comments

• Options
    Go for it.
  • Options
    I have a tenner on a top half finish which I put on pre-season.

I also have a tenner on Igor to be our highest goalscorer. I think that's at 4/1. Reza was evens :blush:
  • Options
    Are you actually Ralph Milne?

In which case are you as pissed as he normally was?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    IM ON !

Charlton
    (Specials, Specials)
    Championship Specials - Top Half Finish - 2014/15
    E/W: No Odds: 4/1 Stake: £ 50.00

This could be 5/1 by 10:00 tomorrow night or 5/4 ! Live the dream !
  • Options

IM ON !

Charlton
    (Specials, Specials)
    Championship Specials - Top Half Finish - 2014/15
    E/W: No Odds: 4/1 Stake: £ 50.00

That's fucked it then :-)
  • Options
    I put it on pre-season at 100/30, put £30 on it.
  • Options
    I also went on for £100 pre season at 7/2 . Now the time to top up !
  • Options
    I'm in for grand if we finish top-half so you can probably guarantee we will finish 13th.
  • Options
    It's 66-1 for a very good reason.

No harm in puting a couple of quid on it.
  • Options
    Got tens on us top half finish, put it on before Norwich game :):)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Got tens on us top half finish, put it on before Norwich game :):)

Drunk, optimistic or magic ability to see into the future?
  • Options
    Probably best off waiting until after Derby, but also sticking a little wager in the mean time on us to beat them (or draw no bet). But that's just a guess.
  • Options

It's 66-1 for a very good reason.

No harm in puting a couple of quid on it.

100/1 Skybet.
  • Options
    Hoping for a top 6 finish as I had a tenner @ 200/1 pre season. Rose coloured specs I know - but you never know
  • Options
    Just Placed £25 bet victor top half finish 4-1. They give free £25 bet for new customers so further £25. Therefore will return total £225 for initial cost of £25. Worth a punt I reckon.
  • Options

Hoping for a top 6 finish as I had a tenner @ 200/1 pre season. Rose coloured specs I know - but you never know

200/1 for us to finish top six? Presumably this was with Phantom Bet?!
  • Options

Doubt we were even 20's
  • Options
    Bizarrely had exactly the same thought on Sunday.
    Doubled mine up with Gillingham to finish in the top half as well- they were 6/4 and on a roll with their ambitious manager
  • Options

I'm in for grand if we finish top-half so you can probably guarantee we will finish 13th.

read you had put a grand down on it!
  • Options
    That 4/1 is still available with Bet Victor. I have had another £20. Last chance !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Doubt we were even 20's
    I feel like a mug that I only got 13/2 after 3 games.

Been backing Leicester to finish bottom 2/1 and Charlton to make top 12 at 9/4 and 7/2 in the last week.
  • Options
    Now down to 9/4, we are definatly top half material !
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Took 155 squid off bet 365 for a £3 bet
    Cheers Charlton and watty
  • Options
    I have £20 on top 6 finish at 26/1 we were three points off relegation places when I placed the bet.

• Options
    So after winning 5 from 6 at

Brentford 3/1
    Huddersfield 2/1
    Forest 9/4
    Cardiff 18/5

Thanks I've collected on them all.
    The book makers must have relalised we are a different side from early Feb. But no, home to Blackburn we are 2/1, another benefit afternoon. COYR
  • Options
    Well, after looking like it might be comfortable, the turn down in form is a concern. Currently we are 4/5 (bet vic) top half and 11/10 (sky) bottom half. So I have laid out £170 to collect £800 a profit of £530. Do I lay some back at the 11/10 to at least cover my stake ! Dilemma

Tonight's results could have a big affect on these prices, an Addicks win, an Leeds, Cardiff, Brum, Wendies loss could see us at 5/2 for bottom half and 8/15 for top.

What would you do ?
  • Options

Well, after looking like it might be comfortable, the turn down in form is a concern. Currently we are 4/5 (bet vic) top half and 11/10 (sky) bottom half. So I have laid out £170 to collect £800 a profit of £530. Do I lay some back at the 11/10 to at least cover my stake ! Dilemma

Tonight's results could have a big affect on these prices, an Addicks win, an Leeds, Cardiff, Brum, Wendies loss could see us at 5/2 for bottom half and 8/15 for top.

What would you do ?

Personally, id stick with the original bet rather than risk cutting my losses.

The real question is, can YOU afford to lose £170? If not then hedge away.
  • Options
    Have faith, Ralph, have faith. I wish I was sat on a £170 punt on a top half finish. At 11/10 to hedge it's money down the loo isn't it? (DYOR obviously!)
  • Options
    Ok, iv backed. Brum, leeds, Wendies, cardiff, & bolton. 10 x £2.50 trebles and £1 fours and £1 all 5.