Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New York City

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2015
    iainment said:

Is a day trip to boston from NYC a doable thing?

Could always try Philladelphia seem to remember it took a couple of hours on the bus, Washington is 4 hours so would require a couple of nights to see the main sights. Boston (as said above) isn't really a day trip from NY, probably 5 hours by bus.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Boston is only a 40min flight from La Guardia (the closest airport to Manhattan), and two different airlines have hourly shuttles on the hour from 6am onwards.

So whilst a day in Boston would not do the city justice, you could easily spend a pleasant morning/afternoon there and still be back in NYC for dinner (likewise Washington to which a similar shuttle exists). Both Boston Logan Airport and Ronald Reagan Airport (in Washington) are very close to their respective city centres which makes it easier.

Philadelphia meanwhile is closer to NYC but probably easier to take the train from Penn Station (about two hours).
  • Options
    Thanks we're now seeing of we can stretch to a 2 centre trip. NYC and Boston in 10 days.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Thanks we're now seeing of we can stretch to a 2 centre trip. NYC and Boston in 10 days.

Sounds good.
  • Options
    How was your trip @iainment ? I'm off there in March and looking for suggestions, apart from the obvious tourist stuff. Will be looking to experience some of the New York nightlife as well if anyone has done any of that!
  • Options
    Does anyone know a place that will definitely be showing the first leg of the playoffs (7:15am next Sunday morning ET) in NYC?
  • Options
    My cousin lives out there, she married a New Yorker. He follows English and European football so i have messaged him for any suggestions.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Does anyone know a place that will definitely be showing the first leg of the playoffs (7:15am next Sunday morning ET) in NYC?
    Shrewsbury 2nd leg was on the ESPN go app last season, maybe keep an eye out on there in case 
  • Options
    My cousin lives out there, she married a New Yorker. He follows English and European football so i have messaged him for any suggestions.
    Great - thanks Orpington. I know a few sports bars that would normally be showing it but they won’t be open at 7am
  • Options
    This place probably will but not confirmed on their website - I will be in NY for both legs:

https://www.legendsff.com/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Great - thanks Orpington. I know a few sports bars that would normally be showing it but they won’t be open at 7am
    Hes replied back that he usually goes to Smithfields 138 West 25th Street but hes checked and they wont open until 8am that day so will only show the 2nd half. As mentioned above Legends may show it but not confirmed. Lots of Irish bars im told would normaly have it on at that time if you asked them but apparently Celtic v Rangers is on at the same time so good luck. He will be asking about this week so i will pass on any confirmed venues.
  • Options
    I think ESPN has the rights, but last year they only had it on the app, and it was subscription only. Subscription was cheap, about $5, but they had a 7 day free trial. 
  • Options
    I've watched some games at the ESPN bar there before but don't know if it's still there.
  • Options
    I've watched some games at the ESPN bar there before but don't know if it's still there.
    Closed I think. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    If you have Sky GO or can borrow someone’s login and you download a decent VPN to trick it into thinking you are in the UK, then you could watch it that way.  I plan to do that as can’t see myself getting up at 6am to go to a pub to see it.
  • Options
    This place probably will but not confirmed on their website - I will be in NY for both legs:

https://www.legendsff.com/
    Cheers @ne@newyorkaddick - I might traipse down to Legends (I’m staying on the Upper West side, looks like it’s only 15 mins away on the subway).

Tried to use my VPN to let me log into Sky Go this afternoon but it’s not letting me watch anything so I’d probably wise to what I’m up to!

ill email legends and ask if they’ll be showing it and update here with confirmation just in case there’s anyone else in a similar predicament. 
  • Options
    One of my mates will be in NY for the 2nd leg, so any more suggestions & I'll let him know.
  • Options
    Game is now listed on the ESPN+ schedule. 
  • Options
    Now listed as being shown here: https://www.legendsff.com/fixtures-list