Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alou, Alou, Alou, What have we here ? Diarra signed until end of season (confirmed)

Apparently we have now completed the signing of Alou Diarra, on paper it seems like a very good piece of business especially with our latest midfielder injuries. Got lots of experience and "if" he really wants to do well with us, either putting himself in the shop window or earning a longer deal with us can only be good for our run in for our season.
Welcome Alou......as my old man used to say (bless him) "set em alight!!"

COYR....

Comments

• Options
    Well if that's the case we've had the chance to have a good look at him, and if it's a deal to the end of the season we can continue to do so, especially now some of the pressure has been lifted. His CV suggests a vg level; let's hope, as Eagles appears to, he really wants to take Charlton forward too.
  • Options
    Confirmed on OS.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Charlton completed the signing of Alou Diarra on Monday morning.

The player, who was with West Ham last season, becomes the first player on the club's books to have played in a World Cup Final. Diarra replaced Patrick Vieira in 2006.

With the Under-21's match with Cardiff at Sparrows Lane being postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, Diarra may well be in the senior squad for Tuesday's match at Derby.

He will wear the number 12 shirt and is an ideal replacement for the injured Milos Veljkovic.
    Edited he was on the bench in World cup final (didn't get on). Having a nightmare here, he did get on.
  • Options
    If we can get him fully fit... This is a fantastic signing
  • Options
    His CV is impressive!
  • Options
    Lets hope he's as good a signing as our last number 12!
  • Options

Charlton completed the signing of Alou Diarra on Monday morning.

The player, who was with West Ham last season, becomes the first player on the club's books to have played in a World Cup Final. Diarra replaced Patrick Vieira in 2006.

With the Under-21's match with Cardiff at Sparrows Lane being postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, Diarra may well be in the senior squad for Tuesday's match at Derby.

He will wear the number 12 shirt and is an ideal replacement for the injured Milos Veljkovic.

Thank you, Dr. Kish!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    an area we needed some cover so pleased. Hopefully with Eagles and Johnson we will see 3 players playing really well trying to earn contracts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Former West Ham United midfielder Alou Diarra has claimed that he wasted the past two years of his career at the club.

The 32-year-old, who joined the Hammers in summer 2012, had his contract cancelled at Upton Park earlier this month.

Diarra has now insisted that he made a bad decision in moving to West Ham after making just six Premier League appearances in two seasons.

"I feel I have lost two years in a career. It counts," he told L'Equipe. "There was no solution. I was very ill-advised."

Diarra is currently training with Bordeaux."

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/west-ham-united/news/diarra-i-wasted-my-career-at-west-ham_166484.html

Lets hope this means he's got something to prove.
  • Options
    West Ham United[edit]
    On 10 August 2012, Diarra moved back to England to join West Ham United on a three-year contract, for an undisclosed fee.[86] After joining West Ham United, Diarra said he was delighted to join the club and was looking forward to play in the Premier League.[87] Chairman Vincent Labrune said he had been sold in order to reduce the wage bill.[88]

Diarra made his debut for West Ham on 25 August in a 3–0 away defeat to Swansea City coming on as a 69th minute substitute for Mohamed Diamé.[89] Having made three appearances, Diarra first team opportunities soon became limited when he soon suffered thigh strain during training in September.[90] In the January transfer window, Diarra made a request to leave the club and criticised Sam Allardyce for holding him back by not explaining his [Allardyce] team selection. Diarra also said that his time at West Ham United has become a waste of time [91]

After the move, Diarra claimed he was conned when his "well known" agent lied to him to join West Ham United.[92] Diarra criticized West Ham United for his pre-season training schedule, having finished Euro 2012.[93] Despite his comments Diarra returned to West Ham for the beginning of the 2013-14 season. In his second game of the season, a League Cup game against Cheltenham Town, he was carried-off injured after 34 minutes having damaged his anterior cruciate ligament. He was expected to miss the whole of the season due to this injury.[94] Unexpectedly, Diarra returned to fitness in 2013 making his return in a 2–1 away win against Tottenham Hotspur on 18 December 2013 in the League Cup.[95][96] On 9 July 2014, he left West Ham on a mutual agreement to terminate his remaining one year deal

I wouldn't say his experience of English football is that great, and a slight concern that he appears very injury prone.

Anyway, nothing really to lose from our side, so good luck Alou.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Also have we seen a change now in RD? Signing players a bit older and with English Football experience?

Nothing wrong with a good balance. Hopefully they're finally getting the message.

Can I just be the first to say welcome and Hello Diarra.
  • Options
    Allo Alou :smiley:

• Options
    Can't do any harm if he's ready and motivated. We are gradually assembling the semblance of a decent squad
  • Options
    Hopefully he's not been given false promises this time... thats all the issue really was at West Ham

http://soccerlens.com/alou-diarra-west-ham-allardyce/101783/
  • Options
    If he doesn't find the drop too deflating, and is still hungry, someone of his calibre could be a great signing. Let's hope those injuries are a thing of the past.
  • Options

Brilliant signing.

Henderson
    Solly, Ben Haim, Johnson, Wiggins
    Diarra, Cousins
    Gudmundsson, Eagles
    Vetokele, Watt

Looks a cracking starting 11!

Harsh on Bulot but i agree, we look a lot stronger than 2 months ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can't do any harm if he's ready and motivated. We are gradually assembling the semblance of a decent squad

Until the end of the season at least. I do wonder who of Onyewu, Johnson, Eagles, Diarra, Bulot and Buyens will be here next season, not to mention others like Bikey and Ben Haim. We could be in for another year of rebuilding.

It does seem like RD is more and more against 'helping' out other clubs by loaning or paying fees for players at English clubs. That will only get you so far.
  • Options
    Can't leave out Bulot on his current form.
  • Options
    Big lad at 6'3". Guess this means Lepoint is seen more as a forward option. Good experience for the sqaud too at 33. Perhaps Guy doesnt fancy Buyens too much in his 4-4-2 system? Hopefully to play WITH Cousins not instead of. Welcome Alou.
  • Options
    Yeah of course Bulot should keep his place at the moment. I think Eagles has the consistency to hold a starting 11 place in the future though.
    Bulot might be able to do the same, if he can keep up his current form until the end of the season there'll be no complaints!!
  • Options
    Positive that off the back of 2 wins we are reinforcing. RD is def keeping the spend in check though considering Johnson, Eagles & Diarra are all frees
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Potential to be a very solid signing, i just hope like Eagles and Johnson, if they do well over the next month, we stick a longer contract in front of them for some stability.