Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Midweek 'whose wreck'

Start off with an easy one from the Pacific.

Comments

• You are both close.
    No cigars yet.
  • Is it the lot that sponsor the Bermondsey brain cell collective?
  • edited February 2015
    Pearl Necklace Harbour
  • Looks like Popeye's
  • The man from Atlantis
  • Fern Britton
  • Sponsored links:

• Is that one of the boats that sit on Danson Lake?
  • Jonathan Ross's wife?
  • phwoar, check out the hull on that
  • I-400

Close...think you might be 1 out.
  • Yamamoto

Getting warm
  • Sponsored links:

• TelMc32 said:

I-400

Well done sir.
    You win a free email to Katrien, with the possibility of a face to face meeting and signed team shirt.
    How on earth did you guys know?
  • TelMc32 said:

I-400

Well done sir.
    You win a free email to Katrien, with the possibility of a face to face meeting and signed team shirt.
    Right click on the picture and do a picture search. Cheating basically.
  • Can we have some from the English channel?
  • These subs were actually aircraft carriers. Bizarre to imagine that an underwater craft could contain, in a water-tight hold, aircraft, which could be "launched" when the sub surfaced.
  • TelMc32 said:

I-400

Well done sir.
    Right click on the picture and do a picture search. Cheating basically.
    Haha...that would have been easier than typing "sub wrecks in the Pacific" into Google and trawling through as I did!!

I haven't got a right click on iPad, but just went back and found that if you hold your finger down on the picture, the linked page comes up :smiley:
  • Chizz said:

These subs were actually aircraft carriers. Bizarre to imagine that an underwater craft could contain, in a water-tight hold, aircraft, which could be "launched" when the sub surfaced.

Took 30 years or so until a sub was built that was bigger than these masterpieces.
    I've just bought a clock from I 400 from the family of a Yankee sailor who nicked it before it was scuttled.
  • Dived on a few subs u don't realy appriciate the size of them till uve dived round them amazing how most lie on the seabed intact and upright
  • Kid brother just left the service after 25 years, ending on HMS Astute. Been privileged to a tour his very first boat in the day, a diesel Otus(?)many moons ago, very claustaphobic I remember. Then three years ago got a tour of a bomber HMS Vanguard, again very very claustaphobic despite its relative size. It was out of the water in the ship lift at Faslane. Blows your mind looking up at a seven story submarine weighing 6000 tonnes ish I think.
  • Roland's network
  • Kid brother just left the service after 25 years, ending on HMS Astute. Been privileged to a tour his very first boat in the day, a diesel Otus(?)many moons ago, very claustaphobic I remember. Then three years ago got a tour of a bomber HMS Vanguard, again very very claustaphobic despite its relative size. It was out of the water in the ship lift at Faslane. Blows your mind looking up at a seven story submarine weighing 6000 tonnes ish I think.

The museum at Gosport has been re vamped and is highly recommended.