Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

forest take the covere end when?

you,re thinking of Sheffield Wednesday,about 79.when the Charlton finally left the pubs we ran them all over the valley.only crews to ever take the covered end are by numbers millwall west ham Chelsea and spurs,i repeat only by numbers

Comments

• Options
    Yes they did. Must have been late 70's. I Remember it. All big fellas wearing sheepskins.
  • Options
    sham69 said:

you,re thinking of Sheffield Wednesday,about 79.when the Charlton finally left the pubs we ran them all over the valley.only crews to ever take the covered end are by numbers millwall west ham Chelsea and spurs,i repeat only by numbers

I hope Leroy Ambrose doesn't read this post. Your grammar, punctuation and persona will really annoy him.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Yes they did. Must have been late 70's. I Remember it. All big fellas wearing sheepskins.

you're right, it was the friday night game. One of the Forest blokes had an axe that he was flashing around the bar downstairs.
    Sheepskins were all the rage then. I had a nice brown one on.
  • Options

ct_addick said:

you're right, it was the friday night game. One of the Forest blokes had an axe that he was flashing around the bar downstairs.
    Had mine nicked after one evening game outside the Gloucester Pub in Greenwich from the back of my mates motor. The coat was worth more than his car! :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

ct_addick said:

Had mine nicked after one evening game outside the Gloucester Pub in Greenwich from the back of my mates motor. The coat was worth more than his car! :wink:
    That'll be why they nicked the coat and.not the motor

; )
  • Options
    Forest had a go in about 76
  • Options
    What happened to the start of this thread :lol:
  • Options
    In the 70's St Johnstone took it in a mid season evening friendly.
  • Options

ct_addick said:

Which he still had in the covered end ...but Charlton were still in the covered end, middle park and cherry orchard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sham69 said:

Don't know how anyone ran them all over The Valley, they stayed in The Covered end all match ?
  • Options
    Also, in my mind, Cardiff took the Covered end,first game of the season, in 70's ?
  • Options
    Another thing, Arsenal are missing from London club's, but we never played them at home in that era, Spurs used to take north bank regular then, what would have happened at The Valley
  • Options
    The Arse had the left half of the CE at the Les Gore testimonial circa '77.
  • Options

Also, in my mind, Cardiff took the Covered end,first game of the season, in 70's ?

Remember playing them 1st game of the season around 1976-77. They had just got promoted. They came in the ground very early and remember them having some huge Welsh flags. Am sure they didn't come in the Covered End although the few Charlton that were in there at 1.30-2.00pm thought they were going to come in there. They won 2.0 and there was a lot of trouble after that game up Floyd Road, Church Lane and along the bottom road.

• Options
    E-cafc said:

Remember playing them 1st game of the season around 1976-77. They had just got promoted. They came in the ground very early and remember them having some huge Welsh flags. Am sure they didn't come in the Covered End although the few Charlton that were in there at 1.30-2.00pm thought they were going to come in there. They won 2.0 and there was a lot of trouble after that game up Floyd Road, Church Lane and along the bottom road.

Remember my old man driving us back from holiday in Weston Super Mare and there just being coach load after coach load of Cardiff fans. We drove straight to the game, were well beaten and then we had to wait ages to get back to the car as it was all kicking off.

Remember my old man saying in no uncertain terms that that is the last time we rush back from holiday for a Charlton game.
  • Options

E-cafc said:

Remember my old man driving us back from holiday in Weston Super Mare and there just being coach load after coach load of Cardiff fans. We drove straight to the game, were well beaten and then we had to wait ages to get back to the car as it was all kicking off.

Remember my old man saying in no uncertain terms that that is the last time we rush back from holiday for a Charlton game.
    Amazingly we were driving down to Butlins at Weston Super Mare that day and saw all their coaches passing in the opposite direction. Think both their goals were from Derek Showers.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

They walked through the Covered end early led by some skinhead girls.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

ct_addick said:

Which he still had in the covered end ...but Charlton were still in the covered end, middle park and cherry orchard
    Forest were behind the goal surrounded by the Police who were surrounded by Charlton. They certainly were not shy.
    After the game some went to the ROD then had a go at what is now the Pickwick.
  • Options
    We played a few Friday night games that season at home?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Forest smashed up Charlton Village and took The Covered End in 76, before Charlton turned up.
    Charlton surrounded them and tried to take it back. Result a draw.

Sheff W took the Covered End in I think the same year. It was FA Cup probably 3rd round. They filled it up and were all in before 2pm. They stayed there. There was no way you'd get about 6,000 of them out. A sea of green & yellow.

Cardiff also possibly '76, first game of the season, hot sunny day, were in the away end, but I remember them coming onto the pitch probably prior to the game, with great big Welsh flags.

Spurs took The Covered End in 75 ? Chelsea in '76 ? and W Ham in '78 ? Millwall took it in about '82/'83.
  • Options
    Spuds was 77 i think?
  • Options
    Tavern said:

Spuds was 77 i think?

Probably. Chelsea 76 and Spurs 77.
  • Options

Tavern said:

Spuds was 77 i think?

Probably. Chelsea 76 and Spurs 77.
    Ok fella
  • Options
    If I am thinking of the same game with Spurs, wasn't it the weird situation that they had the covered end, but we still had the bar underneath ? Remember the worst of the trouble was behind the end on the walkway up towards the old valley club.

As for the bloke with the small camping axe, I am sure that was the wednesday game .
  • Options

If I am thinking of the same game with Spurs, wasn't it the weird situation that they had the covered end, but we still had the bar underneath ? Remember the worst of the trouble was behind the end on the walkway up towards the old valley club.

As for the bloke with the small camping axe, I am sure that was the wednesday game .

Wasn't that when Spurs took the CE then Millwall were there and attacked the spuds? Mental days in the 70's. Remember the SWeds cup game, Cardiff, Chelsea lighting a fire in the CE; Luton also always brought a crew

• Options

Definitely forest.
  • Options
    Pompey at home 83 was interesting.
  • Options
    Tavern said:

Was there a Pompey loon running along the East Terrace with a knife !
  • Options

Tavern said:

Was there a Pompey loon running along the East Terrace with a knife !
    No idea!