Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Real end of an era

yes yes yes we have seen that title a good few times of late but this is a REAL end of an era. After 50 + years of living in Sarf London we move to a bungalow in the white cliffs country on Friday. A small village in darkest Kent will be home. The trips up to see CAFC will still happen although less frequent and i will look forward to seeing old faces even though the footie will be gash.

Comments

• Wish you every happiness in your new home.
  • edited February 2015
    Good luck with the move. There should be plenty of Goonershite down there to practice your favorite hobby on...
  • i can see France and have waved to Big Rob but he is very busy these days.

Found my old 22 in the loft the other day just in time for the Goonershit then Soapy
  • All the best GH. Retiring a bit early though aren't you?
  • Good luck GH, we did it last year possibly the best decision we've ever made. Loved our 50+ years in se London but wouldn't come back now. Not sure if Valley express leaves from Dover, but if it's anything like our one with the amount of stops, expect to leave about Thursday lunchtime. ;)
  • Wow, that's surprised me GH. Always had you down as someone permenantly tied to the area (which I suspect i am).

Good luck with the move mate
  • Leaves from Folkstone i think might try it one time. Will drive or stay up when i night the big lights of the Lib !
  • Congrats GH hopefully you'll love it as much as TCE seems to!
  • Sponsored links:

• As you know i love it down that part of the world. Wish you lots of happiness in your new home. Lucky bugger.
  • edited February 2015
    You will find a lot to entertain you I'm sure. You will be so much closer to us and other Guardianistas, enough to keep your home fires burning for many a day;-) hope that you will be happy down here, we've grown to love it.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Congrats GH hopefully you'll love it as much as TCE seems to!

What's not to love, I'm the youngest one in the street. ;)

• B i expect a visit at some stage from you and Tav on one of your marches
  • You'll be wearing cardigans next.
  • Thought this would be a thread on Spanish football :(
  • Good luck mate. Kent - God's own county.
  • You need to be careful GH when walking near those cliffs, there's a lot of our S/T holders throwing themselves off at the moment!
  • edited February 2015
    Dover to Deal across the top of the cliffs is a lovely walk, nice pubs on the way to at St Margarets bay and Kingsdown. You can go either way (depending on what suits you) and catch the train back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck.
  • Sounds idyllic, GH.

The missus will keep you busy with odd jobs. And you can still find time to read your Daily Mail.

Good luck!

• Sounds a great idea to move further away from the Valley, might copy you and reduce those stress level days and watching in hope and frusration
  • edited February 2015
    Enjoy your new gaff GH, I'll pop in for a tea on me way through
  • Enjoy your walks along the samphire hoe, see you when your up Dave the train.
  • Good luck. Will catch you sooner or later.....
  • What village are you moving to mate?
  • Enjoy it mate sounds like a great move
  • Very brave, GH but well done & enjoy our beautiful county.
  • Carter said:

What village are you moving to mate?

Given his track record with petrol cans and bonfires I'd guess at Ash