Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jordan Cousins

191011121315»

Comments

• That's a very good move for Jordan Cousins. 
  • Just hope he can handle the move

Yes he was at a big club with both us and QPR but in this instance he's at a club now whose fans I imagine will be expecting nothing less than the Play-Offs this year in their hopes of a return to the Premier League
  • Interesting what Nathan Jones says about him here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-transfer-qpr-jordan-cousins-3019746.amp

The fact that Jones and Hart will utilise him where he played for our Academy but not actually where he's been playing for Charlton or QPR

Makes me think he'll be played at Centre-Back as whenever he played for us it was either DM or RB
    Slightly surprised Jones wants Cousins to play as a holding midfielder, as to me his engine is one of his strengths and in that position, you're not really using it.

It felt a lot longer, but Jones was actually only with us for a year
  • Interesting what Nathan Jones says about him here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-transfer-qpr-jordan-cousins-3019746.amp

The fact that Jones and Hart will utilise him where he played for our Academy but not actually where he's been playing for Charlton or QPR

Makes me think he'll be played at Centre-Back as whenever he played for us it was either DM or RB
    Slightly surprised Jones wants Cousins to play as a holding midfielder, as to me his engine is one of his strengths and in that position, you're not really using it.

It felt a lot longer, but Jones was actually only with us for a year
    I agree. Cousins has an outstanding engine and one of his greatest strengths was that he seemed to get stronger towards the end of games when some other players were starting to tire.

Stoke haven’t disclosed the length of his contract but I imagine it’s two years, given Cousins’ misfortune with injuries at QPR and the need for the club to tighten its belt financially, with a big drop in the parachute money in 2020/21. 

A big season for Stoke and Nathan Jones - I don’t think the natives or the board will stand for another 16th place finish.

• Signed a contract with Wigan
  • Signed a contract with Wigan
    The 14 year old who posted on Twitter was right
  • Can’t wait to watch him glide past Ben Watson to score a 90th minute winner 
  • Good signing for them. They've made a few now
  • Good signing for them. They've made a few now
    They have to though... Their squad rebuild is probably the biggest required in League One this summer 
  • Sponsored links:

We'll be three up by then, Stockley hat trick.
  • Time to panic? Can see us signing better.
  • Scoham said:
    Time to panic? Can see us signing better.

Let's hope so. I still think he would have been a decent signing for us and will likely take a fee to get a better midfielder. Guess he has question marks with injuries, will be interesting to see how he gets on next season.
  • Good luck to him. Can’t say I really enjoyed watching g him play too much in the championship but always tried hard and had a very good engine. 
    I reckon I could glide past Ben Watson and I'm 66 years old and 16 stone. 
    And the rest Tubby😍
  • I'm not one for going back in for all ex players, but JC felt like one who could be fit for us and worth a look. Not one to lose sleep over not getting though, and we may well have never been interested anyway. As @Scoham says, hopefully we have better options on our shopping list. Reckon he will do alright at Wigan though.
  • Wigan bringing some decent players in.
  • wouldve been a no from me, but a good signing for wigan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jordan is a player I would have liked to sign, I think he will be a cracking player for Wigan, but I am not gutted we didn't sign him.

I don't think we "missed out" but I do think he will end up back in the championship one way or another in the next few years. 
  • Cousins has a touch and passing range comparable to Pratley, and doesn't have his presence. No thanks 
  • He will spend most of the season injured
  • Never kicked on with his career after leaving Charlton. Jordan was never a Premier player despite the rumours about Arsenal etc. Water carrier championship player with a good engine and some pace but ball control was always problematical and spent more time on the bench for Stoke in recent times.

I always wondered if he may revert to CB at some time as he is good in the air and has pace to match some fleet footed forwards.

I have no idea on his Hunger and motivation as he has been earning a good salary for a few years now.
  • He’s a player I appreciated and defended when he was here, but not one I’d want us to bring back.

His game was all about his work rate, fitness and pace. He won’t be the same player if injuries or hunger have seen him drop off in any those areas. Perhaps that’s why he’s moved down to League 1, will be interesting to see if he stays fit and if so how much of an impact he has.
  • I do wonder how being accused of raping a 12 year old affected that period of his development, that's a huge thing for someone to have hanging over them despite his innocence  
  • Scoham said:
    He’s a player I appreciated and defended when he was here, but not one I’d want us to bring back.

His game was all about his work rate, fitness and pace. He won’t be the same player if injuries or hunger have seen him drop off in any those areas. Perhaps that’s why he’s moved down to League 1, will be interesting to see if he stays fit and if so how much of an impact he has.
    Yes, more technically gifted players can still use their class and vision in other ways, but if a player's main strength is their physical attributes, it's much harder for them to adapt their game
  • I like Cousins and think he would have been a decent replacement for Pratley. I'd prefer Camara from Plymouth admittedly.