Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    cafctom said:

Curb_It said:

cafctom said:

I know someone who told me they asked him to do a picture with their son at an away game, about 2 hours before kick off. He just gave them a blank look and walked away.

If he wasn't an academy product he would be getting pelters for things like that plus all this social media nonsense. Academy product yes, but not proper Charlton.

We are all allowed an off day. I have seen Jordan pose with plenty of kids in various pictures.

I'm sure he does, but just hearing that one incident gave me a bad impression.

And @FishCostaFortune - I've never stated that he doesn't show passion. Quite the opposite - I'll happily agree that he runs himself into the ground and gives 100%.

For me 'proper Charlton' is about fan engagement more than it is on the pitch ability. Petty things like changing Twitter descriptions and shite like that a couple of days after a season finishes......You wouldn't see Chris Solly, Johnnie Jackson doing that.
    Can't remember exactly, but pretty sure Jacko has played some Twitter pranks on fans before. Think he hinted at a made up signing?

Just a bit of fun.
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if any the players know where they are going next season.

The younger ones are maybe a bit social media twitchy.

Just because they remove the Charlton player tag, doesn't mean it's real.

Could see them all back next term although admit the odds on this are very long. Probably too long to be offered by a bookie smarting from a Leicester pay out.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    cafctom said:

He is average. He has an incredible engine and always gives 100%, not doubting that. But what does he actually provide in a football sense? Up until the QPR game I think he only had 1 goal and zero assists to his name for the season.

He is an academy product which gives him a lot of leeway with fans.

The fact that he has won Player of The Year two years running is a major indication of the reduction in quality our squad has had during the RD era.

Have to agree with Tom here. It's an unpopular view for sure but how many other Championship teams would Cousins definitely start for? I'd suggest it's not too many.

Not knocking the guy, I like his commitment and the fact he cares. He's also one of our better players without doubt.

However I think it's fairly justifiable calling him average or similar. The fact of the matter is, he's a central midfielder who has contributed just two goals and one assist this entire season. Hardly returns that justify being deemed anything more than ordinary. Factor in too the frequency with which he concedes possession.

I know stats don't tell the full story, but they go some way to substantiating a telling contribution. People criticise JBG but he's an infinitely better footballer than Cousins is. And not just because of his stats, either.

Like I said, he is without question a good servant with a good heart and engine. But let's not pretend he's exceptional. He ain't.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Curb_It said:

cafctom said:

I know someone who told me they asked him to do a picture with their son at an away game, about 2 hours before kick off. He just gave them a blank look and walked away.

If he wasn't an academy product he would be getting pelters for things like that plus all this social media nonsense. Academy product yes, but not proper Charlton.

We are all allowed an off day. I have seen Jordan pose with plenty of kids in various pictures.

I'm sure he does, but just hearing that one incident gave me a bad impression.

And @FishCostaFortune - I've never stated that he doesn't show passion. Quite the opposite - I'll happily agree that he runs himself into the ground and gives 100%.

For me 'proper Charlton' is about fan engagement more than it is on the pitch ability. Petty things like changing Twitter descriptions and shite like that a couple of days after a season finishes......You wouldn't see Chris Solly, Johnnie Jackson doing that.
    No, because they can freely describe Arsenal as "we" during the season.
  • Options
    Average what though?

If you think average Championship midfielder then that is a league above what we are now
  • Options

Average what though?

If you think average Championship midfielder then that is a league above what we are now

So it is! No-one tells me anything these days.
  • Options
    I think his only chance of being a regular Championship (or higher) player is as a centre-back
  • Options
    My guess is they've all been called in today and reminded of the wage reduction for relegation - so they've all got a bit arsey.
  • Options

Average what though?

So it is! No-one tells me anything these days.
    Mandy says it's not official yet!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4ever said:
    I'd only half agree with him, as QPR aren't much more stable and well run than we are, especially when you consider the FFP issue and non payment of the fine. How long will Ollie be there...

They beat a Birmingham side in free fall, but are struggling badly in the league
  • Options
    I fully expect QPR to drop down a division in the next year or two.

Arguably one of the smaller clubs in that division and they might only survive this season because of Rotherham being awful and smaller teams still being in the league.
  • Options
    In truth, though, most players are more interested in what they earn than where their team is in the division. If the Premier League was a possibility then I guess it would make a difference but let's be realistic, if QPR are relegated, Jordan would, just, move on again.
  • Options
    Released from QPR according to my QPR supporting mate
  • Options
    I'm not sure I would. 

• Options
    Been released for a reason, the quality in the Championship is only getting better. 

Would do well in a top half L1 side 
  • Options
    Doubt he's progressed since he left us, only way I'd take him back would be as backup to what we currently have 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Doubt he's progressed since he left us, only way I'd take him back would be as backup to what we currently have 
    Who replaces bielik and Cullen though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funnily while we often talk about how players get Chartonized and injured as soon as they join us, a number of our former players seem to have had the same happen to them when they leave us

Holmes, Harriott and Cousins have all had bad injury problems only since leaving us
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    I would have him back
    Well done, first one in.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Who replaces bielik and Cullen though?
    Depends what division we are in, but I'd imagine another loan from someone higher up the food chain than us and a more prominent role for Lapslie
  • Options
    Oxford all day. Robbo wanted him January 2018.
  • Options
    Cousins was error-strewn, even with us: distribution was all over the place.  We have done far better without him, Henderson, Harriott, et al.  Move on.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    He was a player that never really rocked my boat, I can’t really explain it but I thought he was overrated.
    Went on to do very well of course and kind of proved me wrong.
    I never really connected with all the fuss surrounding him whilst he was with us and the angst over his move left me totally nonplussed ......strange but that happens sometimes I guess.
    I felt the same way about Dale Stevens.
  • Options
    No thanks !
  • Options
    Could he be an option at right back?
  • Options
    In our price range now
  • Options
    Will sign for millwall