Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

keeper

edited February 2015 in General Charlton
The clown in goal how is he stealing a living

Comments

• Options
    Am not there, which clown in whose goal?
  • Options
    He is ok just wish he realised the things on the end of his arms can catch as well as flap at a ball.
  • Options
    Fair enough that he's a European Goalkeeper so will punch rather than catch but he needs to get distance on those punches as they dont go anywhere
  • Options
    He is the least of our worries. Plenty to worry about in front of him.
  • Options

Fair enough that he's a European Goalkeeper so will punch rather than catch but he needs to get distance on those punches as they dont go anywhere

There were definitely some Thuram punches tonight, must be something which is taught across the network,
  • Options
    Not the keepers fault for any of the goals in my opinion, shit defending in front of him all game today
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Not the keepers fault for any of the goals in my opinion, shit defending in front of him all game today

Second goal ? Wasn't entirely his fault but definitely has to take some of the blame.
  • Options
    He got one punch wrong that was all. With the circus clowns in front of him he's doing OK. None of the goals were his fault as were none at Boro so think he's the least of our worries. In fact I'd say he's a decent keeper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

sam3110 said:

Second goal ? Wasn't entirely his fault but definitely has to take some of the blame.
    You're right, make it easy for the scorer by coming out.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

sam3110 said:

Well taken goal to be honest, and I believe he came out for Bikey to head it to him, however Bikey completely missed it the header (a running theme for the game) and the rest is history. That's how I saw it anyway
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Punched 2 which came to no harm and as much at fault for their 2nd as anyone but not bad.
  • Options
    Your comment next @dancafc
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

What did the keeper do wrong stood no chance with either goal and punched the ball clear twice when he had no calls to do otherwise.....pretty good performance again by the lad

Since when does a keeper need to be told to catch the ball?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    colin1961 said:

why not start a thread about Solly......caused the first goal and changed the game. The whole game he was out his depth.

So why did Luzon play him then? Last season he didn't play two games a week.
  • Options
    No harm in punching as long as you get distance on it.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

colin1961 said:

why not start a thread about Solly......caused the first goal and changed the game. The whole game he was out his depth.

So why did Luzon play him then? Last season he didn't play two games a week.
    He did at least once before this season
  • Options
    We have had 4 keepers this season and only one has been good enough. The keepers at the moment do not give the defence any confidence at all. Poor management to have not signed a decent championship experienced keeper with Henderson out for so long.

And yes Solly was at fault for the first and had a mare for nearly all the game.
  • Options
    He's shit in no man's land for the second,flaps at anything in the air we have a perfectly good young keeper in Pope that is far better than him. the ground was silent most of the night and I never heard him once with Pope or Henderson they don't stop communicating with the rest of the team for the whole game as a keeper he can see the whole pitch so can help defenders with organisation which this kid clearly doesn't
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of all the people to dig out tonight the keeper is probably way down the list.

He made one shit punch. His kicking is fine and up at Boro he made several decent saves. He just needs to start catching.
  • Options
    The lack of communication when defending is shocking. Solly was making shouts to the others about no talking when he was putting balls behind which he didn't need to do.

Shambles, not a great game but not at all useless, at least he can launch the ball without kicking it off the pitch.
  • Options
    Is that how high we have set our standards "he can kick the ball" that's the minimum he should be able to do this is the championship he's not much better than non league
  • Options
    Hendersons kicking was poor before his injury, as was Etheridge....his is not. How does that make him non league?

Yes he got caught out for the 2nd goal but there were alot of guilty faces for that shambles.
  • Options
    He's well out of his league quality wise goalkeeping ain't all about kicking it's the hardest position on the pitch and in my opinion the boy ain't cutting it
  • Options
    We've got far worse problems than Dmitrovic in goal that is for damn sure!
  • Options
    dancafc said:

He's shit in no man's land for the second,flaps at anything in the air we have a perfectly good young keeper in Pope that is far better than him. the ground was silent most of the night and I never heard him once with Pope or Henderson they don't stop communicating with the rest of the team for the whole game as a keeper he can see the whole pitch so can help defenders with organisation which this kid clearly doesn't

He's better than Pope. Pope made mistakes that led to goals and was generally a shambles, Dmit hasn't reached that level yet.
  • Options
    For me, kicking is secondary to catching the ball under pressure. He looked scared stiff on the few occasions he was forced into catching the ball above his head, even under slight pressure. It's not looking good!