Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Upbeats Day 2015 - 21st March

Comments

• Options
    Dont know you Red but clearly sound advice from the docs.

Walking route is out. Shooters Hill could finish me off!
  • Options
    The route finishes right outside the liberal club so someone send out a pint... or I'll be in with the collection tin!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

The route finishes right outside the liberal club so someone send out a pint... or I'll be in with the collection tin!

Take Bailey with you
  • Options
    Just registered, Will be doing the walk.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Just put my sponsor form up in the Star on plumstead common and got 50 quid in the first 5 mins. Great Charlton pub!

I could make a comment about pint pots and pound coins but I'm above that.

Should we arrange to meet up so we're in the same group?
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Just put my sponsor form up in the Star on plumstead common and got 50 quid in the first 5 mins. Great Charlton pub!

You can but I still wouldn't get it!

You can be with me and Smiffy but do you want to run up Shooters Hill? just kidding.. I ain't running that bit.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Curb_It said:

You can be with me and Smiffy but do you want to run up Shooters Hill? just kidding.. I ain't running that bit.
    What colour lycra will you be wearing, Curb_It ?

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Curb_It said:

Run up? I'll roll down.
  • Options
    Just giving site now pipped the £2k mark
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would do this 100% if in the UK. Great cause & a credit to the club. So donated instead. Thanks Henry for the link & reminder
  • Options
    Both signing up for the walk!
  • Options
    Well done Kimbo. See you both nice and early next Sat
  • Options
    I'm in as well.

Come on peeps,let's swell these numbers. But of gentle exercise for a good cause will do everyone a bit of good.

We'll try and get ourselves a bit organised over next couple of days
  • Options
    Ok joined this morning and posted on my Facebook and Twitter. We need to spread the word so we can up the sponsorship! £2k is not enough!!
    Post everywhere you can.
  • Options
    I still need a volunteer to drive the Baileymobile down to the Valley next week, preferably someone with a driving licence and someone who won't have it on Autotrader before we get to Falconwood lights. ;)
    If you don't have the cover on your insurance, I'll upgrade mine for the day. Its an Automatic ;)

• Options
    is it worth informing the TV companies so as to get some coverage of the walk and Upbeats match?
  • Options
    Badger said:

Just registered, Will be doing the walk.

Have now posted a link to my Facebook page.
  • Options
    Donation made on Just Giving page this morning.....good luck to all. @TCE sorry I cant be with you, perhaps another time with Cinna and Bailey together?
  • Options

I'm away that weekend in Marrakech (all aboard that train) but would have definitely taken part of I had been around. It's a great cause.

I'll sponsor the oldest person doing the walk at £1 for every year of his/her life. Just need to find an old 'un to maximise my donation. Claims for being the oldest person please!

Hi TMA

I have just registered, on the day of the walk I will be 70 years 6months & 3days, so this will give you a starting point.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Half price Reading tickets for anyone doing the walk and their families.
  • Options
    I love the Upbeats, so much joy on those faces. They never fail to make me smile God bless them.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

I'm away that weekend in Marrakech (all aboard that train) but would have definitely taken part of I had been around. It's a great cause.

I'll sponsor the oldest person doing the walk at £1 for every year of his/her life. Just need to find an old 'un to maximise my donation. Claims for being the oldest person please!

Hi TMA

I have just registered, on the day of the walk I will be 70 years 6months & 3days, so this will give you a starting point.

Great stuff. Looks like I'll be donating about £70.51!!!
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Come on people, just one Saturday morning to give up for a bit of exercise and a fantastic cause.

We've got what looks like 11 walkers so far, can we get this up to 20??

Or have I got to get @Curb_It to give it her best Delia 'Letsby Avenue' impression...

Think how good that first pint will taste.

So far...

TCE
    Curb It
    Tavern
    Red Riding Hoodie
    Dave Storry
    Dave Mehmet
    Badger
    AFKA
    Kimbo
    Harry a Muse
    Danske Red

It costs just £10 to enter, and if you haven't got match tickets you qualify for 50% off, and you get brekkie, a t-shirt, and the chance to walk with Charlton royalty (Leaburn, Webbo, Bolder, TCE)

Who's next in then ????
  • Options
    Anyone got any ideas as to where my wife can park up within a mile or so of the finish to wait with my daughter? She's dropping her off to walk the last bit with me.
  • Options

Come on people, just one Saturday morning to give up for a bit of exercise and a fantastic cause.

We've got what looks like 11 walkers so far, can we get this up to 20??

Or have I got to get @Curb_It to give it her best Delia 'Letsby Avenue' impression...

Think how good that first pint will taste.

So far...

TCE
    Curb It
    Tavern
    Red Riding Hoodie
    Dave Storry
    Dave Mehmet
    Badger
    AFKA
    Kimbo
    Mr Largo
    Danske Red

It costs just £10 to enter, and if you haven't got match tickets you qualify for 50% off, and you get brekkie, a t-shirt, and the chance to walk with Charlton royalty (Leaburn, Webbo, Bolder, TCE)

Who's next in then ????

I'm doing it too Dan.

• Options
    excellent Swis, up to 12.

Come on guys, roll up, roll up, who's next?

• Options
    Gutted that I am away for the weekend. Come on, roll up, roll up as the great man says.
  • Options
    Harry A Muse is doing it too. Thought there was going to be 50+