Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland to add RC Lens to the network ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    A bit more data on Lens stadium redevelopment, for any who are interested in how these things get financed in France. It also shows how much RD might benefit.

Population of Lens = 36,000.

---

Type : Renovation
    Cost : 70 M€ [but another figure it gives is €84M]
    Period : 2014 > 2016
    Capacity : 41,233>35,233
    Competition : Stadium for Euro 2016 in France

Breakdown of contributions to cost of renovation:

25 M€ from Regional Council of Nord-Pas-de-Calais
    25 M€ from Crédit Agricole, "actionnaire majoritaire" [club majority shareholder, I think, although don't know nuances]
    12 M€ from the State
    12 M€ from Communauté d'Agglomération de Lens-Liévin (CALL) [city or district council]
    10 M€ from Nord-Pas-de-Calais Department

...So mostly public money.

info-stades.fr/article/217/lens-feu-vert-region-renovation-bollaert-euro-2016
  • Options

The Liege thread didn't seem right for this, lots of growing talk today that Roland is to bid for Lens.

Adding further to the network?

Potential replacement for us or one of the Belgian clubs ?

I wouldn't complain if we were expelled from the network so long as someone decent was waiting to take on the challenge that is CAFC. (With TONS of money)
  • Options

A bit more data on Lens stadium redevelopment, for any who are interested in how these things get financed in France. It also shows how much RD might benefit.

---

25 M€ from Crédit Agricole, "actionnaire majoritaire" [club majority shareholder, I think, although don't know nuances]
    12 M€ from the State
    12 M€ from Communauté d'Agglomération de Lens-Liévin (CALL) [city or district council]

Top work, sir, but are you clear that the football club is the owner of the stadium ? It might be municipal in the first place.

• Options

It would be a lot easier if FIFA banned Roly Douchebag.

• Options
    edited February 2015

---

12 M€ from the State

Top work, sir, but are you clear that the football club is the owner of the stadium ? It might be municipal in the first place.

Edit: finally found one site that appears to state this clearly. City of Lens appears to own the stadium.
  • Options
    What sort of money would Lens fc cost Roland to buy them?.SL sold to fund it?.
  • Options
    Digressing, I just pitched a guy in Belgium and tried shift the conversation to Dutchatelet and see if I got any sort of response. The guy knew of him, but I don't think he was into football, so the conversation didn't really go anywhere after that.