Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Does this make me less of a fan?

I've just put a bet on us going down. Obviously I don't want this to happen, it's more to soften the blow slightly if it does, but I was left wondering if this is something others would consider doing or could people not bring themselves to bet against their own team?

Comments

• Options
    I never bet against Charlton. but I know plenty that do.
  • Options
    Talal said:

I've just put a bet on us going down. Obviously I don't want this to happen, it's more to soften the blow slightly if it does, but I was left wondering if this is something others would consider doing or could people not bring themselves to bet against their own team?

I often bet against us. It proves very lucrative!

If you can't get any enjoyment or value for money watching your team, then why not make a few quid out of betting against them?
  • Options

yes it does and believe you should now leave. go on, get out.

.... Gone :)
  • Options
    Definite RED CARD .. not so much for placing the bet, more for admitting to it .. you silly boy ((:>)
  • Options
    What odds did you get?
    Got 5/1 early in the season for the spanners to go down, I'm happy with that.
  • Options
    11/2 was the best. Did it through a cashback site so providing it actually pays out I get my money back anyway.
  • Options
    I probably would but I'd keep it quiet . Not brag about getting my money back should it happen -(
  • Options

I probably would but I'd keep it quiet . Not brag about getting my money back should it happen -(

I get my money back if it doesn't happen...
  • Options
    No it doesn't make you less of a fan. I've done exactly the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My eldest used to do "worst scenario" every week, we lose, palace and millwall win.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I never bet against Charlton. but I know plenty that do.

Not betting against , better for us to go down. Ha ha .
  • Options

My eldest used to do "worst scenario" every week, we lose, palace and millwall win.

I bet he is retired with his feet up in the south of France now.
    Haha, no, not exactly, I think it delivered a little profit tho' over a season and softened the blow when it happened
  • Options
    Of course not. It is insurance against disappointment and makes perfect sense.
    I'm considering doing the same and, if I do, I will 100% be hoping I lose my money!
  • Options
    Northwich Victoria was a good earner
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Very strange, could not ever do it. Have been very skint in the past , but even at 100% nailed on against us, I would not take it. Same as prediction league, never have us to lose, easy points though(:}
  • Options
    Talal said:

A fool and his money...............etc
  • Options
    I don't think one bet in the last year classes me as a fool but anyway...
  • Options
    What a load of cock on here of late.

I'll now pen a big spiel about what's crap / great....fill in the gaps..... and what we should next boycott / stick by.

New category required - "You've heard it all before but let me tell you again.

#itisjustagameoffootball
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You what mate?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

What a load of cock on here of late.

I'll now pen a big spiel about what's crap / great....fill in the gaps..... and what we should next boycott / stick by.

New category required - "You've heard it all before but let me tell you again.

#itisjustagameoffootball

Wrong thread
  • Options
    Talal said:

If you put enough on, you will be able to buy us off Roly when we go down. Can I be manager then please? No real qualifications but for sure I couldn't be worse than big Bob or loopy Luzon.
  • Options
    In twenty four years of football betting I have NEVER included Charlton in any of my wagers.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Talal said:

If you put enough on, you will be able to buy us off Roly when we go down. Can I be manager then please? No real qualifications but for sure I couldn't be worse than big Bob or loopy Luzon.
    Sure Davo I've learnt from the best, send me your cv and I can almost guarantee you won't be called in for an interview.
  • Options
    I bet on Scumwall to win! If I lose my money I am very happy if I win I buy a couple of drinks from the proceeds to drown my sorrows!