Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SEE COUSINS GOAL AGAINST ROTHERHAM HERE!

One of our own:

Comments

• Options
    I'll say it again, Lovely goal well done Jordan.
  • Options
    Nice finish from Jordan but watching a few times I do think its the Defender who touches it on to Cousins - Credit to Christophe for holding the ball up though
  • Options

Nice finish from Jordan but watching a few times I do think its the Defender who touches it on to Cousins - Credit to Christophe for holding the ball up though

Jordan did well there. It just shows that if you actually get the ball in the box and have a bit of muscle, you can create openings. It was a sort of Leaburn/Williams era type goal. Scruffy but well taken.
  • Options
    Got a lot of power on it considering his standing start.
  • Options
    Good finish, never an assist.
  • Options
    Too much is made of "assists." The fact that we had a body in the box ahead of Cousins meant the ball stayed in the box and we got an opening. Lepoint has prevented Rotherham from making an easy clearance and Cousins has seized on a loose ball.
  • Options
    Lovely finish
  • Options
    Not so much an assist, really just shows how a physical presence up front can cause problems. If Harriott was there in Lepoint's place they may have got it clear.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Too much is made of "assists." The fact that we had a body in the box ahead of Cousins meant the ball stayed in the box and we got an opening. Lepoint has prevented Rotherham from making an easy clearance and Cousins has seized on a loose ball.

Agree, Simonsen - I also thought The Point did really well there.

We've so missed the player now known as Move_On ....... it was the sort of hold up play, digging in, preventing the oppo clearing their lines - resulting in a goal scoring opportunity created and converted.

Other teams score those kinds of goals against us.
    It's time we played with a player who will be get stuck in, in the oppo box.