Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray what do you think now?

edited February 2015 in General Charlton
Charlton will reap the benefits of Roland Duchatelet's takeover if they avoid relegation, according to non-executive chairman Richard Murray.

Belgian businessman Duchatelet, who took over the Addicks last month, owns Belgian side Standard Liege and has links to several other European clubs.

"It has got to be an advantage," Murray told BBC London 94.9.

"This season, the big priority is to stay up. Then, next season, let's see what benefits we get from it."

bbc.com/sport/0/football/26328321

Comments

• Options
    All sounded good in theory, but in practice its bleeding terrible.
  • Options
    As with every clown of an owner that turns up the talk is cheap and the reality of their plans is more misery (shiny new seats and beautiful playing surface apart)
  • Options
    I don't know. The record number of draws WITH the record number of managers will be some sort of achievement !
  • Options
    I feel sorry for Murray.

All of the good work he did for us has been ripped apart.
  • Options

I feel sorry for Murray.

All of the good work he did for us has been ripped apart.

Not all, but most of it sadly. We have avoided possible admin twice prior to recent takeovers, so the guys who put in the money can be commended on that. But as with the muppet brothers, RD has to put his money where his investment is, or it will be worthless - league one with no support, and he has no chance of a ROI.
  • Options
    Think he probably wants to see Rooney's hairdresser, so he can then rip his hair out in frustration.
  • Options
    We are a rich mans' hobby,and many fans are losing interest in our club.
    Nobody in the boardroom gives a toss, and it won't be long before we are back to the hardcore 10,000.

As previously, it will be the youth policy that saves us from total extinction - with an emerging star being played or sold.

The question is.........will we be in this division next year ?
  • Options
    Why cant RD sponsorship us in some way to bring more money for better players?.Or he not interested in premiership money one day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nobody in the boardroom gives a toss, and it won't be long before we are back to the hardcore 10,000.

As previously, it will be the youth policy that saves us from total extinction - with an emerging star being played or sold.

And if we are not will we be able to compete in League One above mid table obscurity?
  • Options
    RM has lost all credibility and sadly is nothing more than another one of Roland's Puppets.

When the time is right again we will see RM dusted off and out again with Rolands hand up him making him talk.

• Options
    Kap10 said:

And if we are not will we be able to compete in League One above mid table obscurity?
    Chances are that if we get relegated enough times the Standard Liege cast offs will be good enough for us to win a few games. It might take us being in the conference, but eventually we should reach a level below the SL reserves!
  • Options
    The Kermorgant sale told us everything we needed to know about the wealthy owner.

Do it my way - or take the highway.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Kap10 said:

Chances are that if we get relegated enough times the Standard Liege cast offs will be good enough for us to win a few games. It might take us being in the conference, but eventually we should reach a level below the SL reserves!
    Charlton Alexandra. Produce good young players, re-habilitate footballing misfits and sell them on to break even. Look how clever I am!

In the meantime, it will be Fleetwood at home, followed by Morecambe away.

However, we will have to accept that as it's his club apparently. One or two on here keep telling me we should be grateful we have a wealthy owner, we should trust the CEO and stop being negative.

im convinced we'll play Crewe one day and Roland will say "wait, what? Didn't I buy CAFC??" and not realise crewe isn't in london, it's in cheshire. That was after he bought us and he was saying how he wanted to bring youth through and was then, apparently, shocked at how big the club was. If he wanted a club that could produce great young players and doss about league one etc Crewe would be perfect. In fact, I'm surprised no one of any note has bought crewe, what with their record with youth players.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Kap10 said:

Charlton Alexandra. Produce good young players, re-habilitate footballing misfits and sell them on to break even. Look how clever I am!

In the meantime, it will be Fleetwood at home, followed by Morecambe away.

However, we will have to accept that as it's his club apparently. One or two on here keep telling me we should be grateful we have a wealthy owner, we should trust the CEO and stop being negative.

He should have bought Crewe if that's what he wanted to do...

I think he does want to take us up. It's just he genuinely believes he can do it on a small Championship budget backed up by a handful of Standard Liege reserves. It'll be interesting to see who, if anyone, we bring in tomorrow.

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to realise successful teams usually build squads over time, with the right characters and types of player that fit together, under a good manager (it's not often a club does it in one summer like we did under Powell).

I don't see him changing his plan too much even if we do get relegated. Instead of Bulot and Tucudean we'll have younger, less experienced players from Standard Liege, some of which will struggle against physical League One sides. And he'll carry on changing the head coach every 6 months until it works. Which it won't.