Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth v Watford

Comments

• Options

Watching the penalty again it's a sneaky one from Wilson, it's a pen but he was going for it, he could have ran at the ball but he put his body in the way of the defender instead. Only tough call for the ref all game.

he's a diver .. but an effective one

saw B'Mouth 2 weeks ago .. Wilson dived 8 times and was not even booked .. Ritchie committed a good five fouls AND ... was not even booked

and the last time I saw Watford they put on a good diving performance .. a trait the newish manager seems to have eradicated from their play
  • Options
    keep it there you Cherries .. 2-0 at 9/1 will do nicely
  • Options
    2-0. Kerm assist...
  • Options
    long way to go though ((:<)
  • Options
    Add to that them trying to throw as much money as they possibly can at Birmingham to prise Demarai Gray away
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Not to mention they're about to spend 4m plus on Birmingham's best player. They're throwing their weight around and I don't think they are over-performing in relation to how much they've spent at all.

Beat me to it Jake. :-)
  • Options
    Queue the move on comments, but (and I don't say this lightly) I think letting Yann go was a bigger deal than SCP. Is the Watford diver as bad as that Forestieri?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

It's just so remarkable that little Bournemouth with a team of unknowns are at the top of the table .. and pretty much deservedly so

A team of unknowns? Most of their forward thinking players are worth millions. It's not as if they plucked all these players from their academy.

They're the Chelsea of the Championship.
    you need to justify that .. they might be well known NOW .. but the 'forward thinking players' have come from lower division clubs or at best, other championship clubs, the midfield and defence mostly from the reserves of smallish clubs .. 'the Chelsea of the Championship' is a gross exaggeration
    Dan Gosling - 50 PL apps Rejected by Everton, 24 games in 4 years at Newcastle, loaned to Blackpool .. not in the 1st team
    Andrew Surman - part of Norwich's promotion winning team, two seasons in the Premier League 52 Games in 4 years at Norwich.. Loaned out to Bournemouth before signing permanently
    Tokelo Rantie - cost 2.5m, 1 goal every 3 games at international level .. not in the B'Mouth 1st team , hardly a world star
    Callum Wilson - cost 3m, chose Bournemouth over Norwich (presumably because Bournemouth offered higher wages) .. yes, signed from a Div 1 club
    Yann Kermorgant - we know his quality, older now so not worth as much as others but it's not as if he was plucked from obscurity ..Champ player but a good one
    Matt Ritchie ex Swindon - only half a million cost at the time but was being chased by a number of Championship clubs, chose Bournemouth (again I assume because of wages and future spending power)

so my comments about 'unknowns' is more justified than your implied comment that like Chelsea, Bournemouth has signed a team of international superstars .. BUT .. of course I am in agreement with you that Bournemouth is a very good team .. in my opinion the sum of which is far far FAR greater than the value of its constituent parts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watford fans "if Watford score, we're on the pitch". Wonder where they got the inspiration for that one from.
  • Options
    praise the lord for Gomes ((:>)
  • Options

Queue the move on comments, but (and I don't say this lightly) I think letting Yann go was a bigger deal than SCP. Is the Watford diver as bad as that Forestieri?

the forest man is out on his own as an Olympic class diver
  • Options
    what a fcuking awful tackle
  • Options
    terrible foul by the 18
  • Options
    yes .. take that you bookies .. shame about the 10 v 11 though
  • Options

as to Yann v Powell .. in his last few games, Yann had given up .. presumably hurt and upset at the offer or lack thereof of a new contract .. IF Yann had stayed .. would Powell have gone ? ... anyway .... move on ((:>)
  • Options
    Nice one Lincs
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Nice one Lincs

cheers Smiffy .. now I can buy that yacht .. from ToysRus
  • Options
    Kermorgant to score first and Bournemouth to win 3-0 was boosted to 70/1 today on Sky bet... I forgot to take them up on the offer (I always check the player is playing first, I saw it at like 4 o clock)

So glad they didn't get the third, I would have put a fiver on it...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Huskaris said:

Kermorgant to score first and Bournemouth to win 3-0 was boosted to 70/1 today on Sky bet... I forgot to take them up on the offer (I always check the player is playing first, I saw it at like 4 o clock)

So glad they didn't get the third, I would have put a fiver on it...

such is the life of the gambling man .. without Gomes it coulda been 4 or 5
  • Options
    Boruc has got nearly 60 caps for Poland, Rantie 26 caps for South Africa, Lee Camp 9 caps, Harte 60 odd caps, Wilson current England under 21, Fraser current Scotland under 21 and so on. Maybe not household names, it is the Championship after all, but I never thought I would see the day when I would quite so envious of the resources available and depth of the Bournemouth squad. Whether it'll drive them back to the point of bankruptcy again, time will tell but there's no doubt they have thrown some cash about in the last couple of years and coupled that with an excellent manager.
  • Options
    Wonder if Roland noticed the common denominator for the players of the leading club in the Championship:

31 Boruc - Polish
    02 Francis - English
    05 Elphick - English
    03 Cook - English
    11 Daniels - English
    30 Ritchie - English
    06 Surman - English
    08 Arter - Irish (Born in Sidcup)
    07 Pugh - English
    13 Wilson - English
    18 Kermorgant - French

Substitutes

01 Camp - Irish (Born in Derby and played for England U21's)
    10 Pitman - English
    15 Smith - English
    19 Stanislas - English
    20 Fraser - Scottish
    22 Ward - English
    32 O'Kane - Irish

Manager

Howe - English

Just in case he hasn't, that's 16 of the 18 are from the UK as is the Manager and of the two that aren't, one used to play for us.

And every single one of them had a background in English football before they signed for Bournemouth.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but just how on earth is Francis getting game time each week at the team at the top of the Champ. It has to give us hope.
  • Options

I'm sorry but just how on earth is Francis getting game time each week at the team at the top of the Champ. It has to give us hope.

To be fair, he has being playing really well for them and has done so for the last few seasons. It appears that Eddie Howe really does know how to get the best out of a player, no matter what their ability.
  • Options

It's just so remarkable that little Bournemouth with a team of unknowns are at the top of the table .. and pretty much deservedly so

A team of unknowns? Most of their forward thinking players are worth millions. It's not as if they plucked all these players from their academy.

They're the Chelsea of the Championship.
    you need to justify that .. they might be well known NOW .. but the 'forward thinking players' have come from lower division clubs or at best, other championship clubs, the midfield and defence mostly from the reserves of smallish clubs .. 'the Chelsea of the Championship' is a gross exaggeration
    Dan Gosling - 50 PL apps Rejected by Everton, 24 games in 4 years at Newcastle, loaned to Blackpool .. not in the 1st team
    Andrew Surman - part of Norwich's promotion winning team, two seasons in the Premier League 52 Games in 4 years at Norwich.. Loaned out to Bournemouth before signing permanently
    Tokelo Rantie - cost 2.5m, 1 goal every 3 games at international level .. not in the B'Mouth 1st team , hardly a world star
    Callum Wilson - cost 3m, chose Bournemouth over Norwich (presumably because Bournemouth offered higher wages) .. yes, signed from a Div 1 club
    Yann Kermorgant - we know his quality, older now so not worth as much as others but it's not as if he was plucked from obscurity ..Champ player but a good one
    Matt Ritchie ex Swindon - only half a million cost at the time but was being chased by a number of Championship clubs, chose Bournemouth (again I assume because of wages and future spending power)

so my comments about 'unknowns' is more justified than your implied comment that like Chelsea, Bournemouth has signed a team of international superstars .. BUT .. of course I am in agreement with you that Bournemouth is a very good team .. in my opinion the sum of which is far far FAR greater than the value of its constituent parts
    That's actually not true about Dan Gosling. He was offered a new deal by Everton but he turned it down in favour of more money at Newcastle. He then had a horrendous knee injury and barely played for them. He should be a Premier League player but he's now a gamble due to his injury and the amount of football he's missed
  • Options
    Rather than nationality or experience it's about ability, attitude and how they all fit together. Pardew wasted millions on English based players that either weren't good enough or he couldn't get the best out of.

Bournemouth have a good manager that's built up a strong squad over time. If we continue to be sent players that aren't good enough for Standard Liege and keep changing managers we'll never be able to do that.

This European scouting network we have access to should be an advantage. There's no reason why we shouldn't build a strong squad made up of academy players, English based players and European signings.
  • Options
    Bournemouth may have spent a bit but they are top because they have an excellent manager in charge. Take note Rd!
  • Options
    edited January 2015

It's a sad indictment of charlton that Harry Arter and Simon Francis had to leave to show they were good championship players.

Francis was so bad in his last match against Preston for CAFC he was hooked at h/t. he go's to an attacking team and he the star wing back in the division.
    You work it out.

Harry was never given a chance at CAFC, but even if it took him longer to mature,
    should not good coaches spot this?

Eddie Howe did.

• Options

It's a sad indictment of charlton that Harry Arter and Simon Francis had to leave to show they were good championship players.

Francis was so bad in his last match against Preston for CAFC he was hooked at h/t. he go's to an attacking team and he the star wing back in the division.
    You work it out.

Harry was never given a chance at CAFC, but even if it took him longer to mature,
    should not good coaches spot this?

Ernie Howe did.

?? :)