Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pink Fairies

Have seen a few people mention this band in threads, they're playing at the beaverwood club in Chislehurst on march 19th. Not sure how many original members are involved, I'm going to see what my uncle sees in them (he's a big fan)

Comments

• Brilliant. Bet they're all about 70 now.
    Who is in the line up these days?
  • Have seen a few people mention this band in threads, they're playing at the beaverwood club in Chislehurst on march 19th. Not sure how many original members are involved, I'm going to see what my uncle sees in them (he's a big fan)

For a minute I thought this was going to be the Millwall player of the year do.
  • Have seen a few people mention this band in threads, they're playing at the beaverwood club in Chislehurst on march 19th. Not sure how many original members are involved, I'm going to see what my uncle sees in them (he's a big fan)

Just "Do It", Dave.

Go along to "Uncle Harry's Last Freakout".

Have they still got 2 drummers?

• Great place to see a live band.
  • seth plum said:

Brilliant. Bet they're all about 70 now.
    Who is in the line up these days?

Russell Hunter, Duncan Sanderson, Andy Colquhon, jacki Windmill & George Butler.
  • Oggy Red said:

Have seen a few people mention this band in threads, they're playing at the beaverwood club in Chislehurst on march 19th. Not sure how many original members are involved, I'm going to see what my uncle sees in them (he's a big fan)

Just "Do It", Dave.

Go along to "Uncle Harry's Last Freakout".

Have they still got 2 drummers?

Yes
  • Sounds good, Dave.

"The Dream Is Just Beginning".

• Encountered a green ogre on shrooms in my youth but I'm not acquainted with the aforementioned fairies.
  • Encountered a green ogre on shrooms in my youth but I'm not acquainted with the aforementioned fairies.

Far out
  • Wish Paul Rudolph was back.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope the St Johns Ambulance will be in attendance for those old chaps that over indulge.

I think i'll go.
  • I thought this was gonna be another Palace thread.
  • Wow that's going back in time ...saw them in woolwich back in the 70's
  • Great playing outside the IOW in 1970.
  • Fairies wear boots.
  • See you there.
    And it gets better. The mighty FOCUS - with Thijs Van Leer on flute & Hammond organ and Pierre Van Der Linden on drums - are at the same venue on the 24th March.

Ah, fantastic. Now, that I'd like to see (no Jan though? Shame).

Now - where's me hair for chrissake?
    Gis me youth back and wtf happened to me ideals?
    Yodeler. yodeler, yodeler, yodeler, yodeler, yodeler, yom, bom,bom.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

• edited January 2015
    Wow forgotten about them, the Fairies that is . Saw them a couple of times at Black Prince early 70's when they used to have rock bands every Sunday night. They were excellent but my fave there was always Stray (or is "All in your mind")
  • Does beaverbrook have a web site or something where can find forthcoming events? cant find it in google
  • redman said:

Does beaverbrook have a web site or something where can find forthcoming events? cant find it in google

I can't post the link but it's The Beaverwood Club (not beaverbrook)
  • edited January 2015
    http://www.thebeaverwoodclub.co.uk/

It's a good gig: quite intimate, with excellent acoustics. In the last couple of years I've seen Curved Air and the US west coast band It's A Beautiful Day; both superb events. The promoter also runs the Bull's Head at Barnes and the Boom Boom Club at Sutton United FC.

• Sponsored links:

• See you there.
    And it gets better. The mighty FOCUS - with Thijs Van Leer on flute & Hammond organ and Pierre Van Der Linden on drums - are at the same venue on the 24th March.

Saw them play at this venue, good gig.
  • edited January 2015
    redman said:

Wow forgotten about them, the Fairies that is . Saw them a couple of times at Black Prince early 70's when they used to have rock bands every Sunday night. They were excellent but my fave there was always Stray (or is "All in your mind")

Loved Stray ...superb band, played a few local gigs ...lots of great songs like Time Machine
  • stonemuse said:

redman said:

Loved Stray ...superb band, played a few local gigs ...All in your mind, what a great song
    They've played at the beaverwood recently too.
  • Pity I missed that
  • According to their (stray's) website they're playing there on 19TH feb but it's not showing on the club's site.
  • Duncan Sanderson used to go out with my female flatmate when I lived in Canterbury in 1970. Seemed like a nice guy at the time I recall (through a haze)
  • I love the Fairies. Kind of followed them and Hawkwind around back in the days of yore.