Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gdansk

Off there for yet another 40th in a few weeks time.

Anyone been? Any good?

Comments

• Options
    It's where the 2nd World War started!
  • Options
    Nice old town area close to waterfront. Amazing views from atop the enormous old cathedral but don't know if it's open to the public now. And of course Lech's shipyard. No idea about pubs, clubs etc. I'm afraid but a port city so probably lively.
  • Options
    Weirdly it's got a nice beach which you wouldn't expect!

So cheap couldn't get rid of money so played cards and spoof but still won. Sure i came back with more dough than I went with. grappa was about 30p a shot. This was all about 8 years ago so may be different now. Liked it but weekend is enough.
  • Options
    Was there last May for a weekend.. Going back again in 3-4 weeks for a weekend stay :) Nice old town as mentioned. Cheap prices for food and drinks.
    Sopot is the place with the beach, 10 mins drive from Gdansk, but dont see any reason going there at this time of the season.

Recommend a visit to the "Goldwasser" restaurant, great dishes. :smile:
  • Options
    tricity area consists of gdansk, sopot and gdynia. they're basically one big town, gdansk has all the history, sopot is the traditional party area of poland with beach parties etc in the summer but much quieter in winter and gdynia is more industrial. the 3 areas are linked by a very regular 24 hour train service

I lived in sopot for a couple of years but that was 10 years ago so things will have changed a bit but there's still plenty of good clubs there, several of which are on the beach

Restaurants in general in all 3 cities are top notch

As @Pedro45 says you've got westerplatte where the war started if you want to go somewhere historic and the gdansk old town is really nice
  • Options
    Go to inyourpocket.com and download the latest guide to gdansk which also includes sopot and gdynia. It's edited by an old drinling buddy of mine, the reviews and recommendations are generally spot on
  • Options
    Christ some actual interesting info about the town and it's history and architecture and what fine food can be sampled
    Normally the only replys are about tits arse and fanny
  • Options
    Isn't Gdynia a common human sexually transmitted infection caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae?