Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rotherham win 4-2

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
Just thumped Bolton 4-2........ I'm nervous about Saturday now...

Comments

• They go above us, if they win.
  • And bloody Bent scored a brace tonight.....should have re-signed him. Banging goals in for fun in the championship!
  • Had a weird dream about Rotherham last night, they were playing palace (strange) I was watching them in the home end at Rotherham (stranger) Rotherham beat palace 1-0 and then they set on palace fans on the street and beat them to a pulp and I was there lapping it up (even stranger). Not sure if it means anything but blooming random!
  • It means that you need to change your bedtime drink !
  • Had a weird dream about Rotherham last night, they were playing palace (strange) I was watching them in the home end at Rotherham (stranger) Rotherham beat palace 1-0 and then they set on palace fans on the street and beat them to a pulp and I was there lapping it up (even stranger). Not sure if it means anything but blooming random!

On the train back did a palace fan drape his scarf over you and get his selfie stick out (the phone attachment I mean)!?!
    I didn't get much further than Don Valley but that would have turned a strange dream into an awful nightmare.
  • Just seen their goals on SSN, they took them very well, but Bolton's defending was poor at best in my opinion.
  • Granpa said:

It means that you need to change your bedtime drink !

From Ovaltine to double scotch?

• edited January 2015
    We need to settle the nerves by doing this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30997495
  • Sponsored links:

• braydex Member said
    January 27 in General Charlton
    ''Just thumped Bolton 4-2........ I'm nervous about Saturday now...''

Don't worry mate, with our new 6'3'' striker and midfield general we'll be OK!
  • Pretty confident about Saturday.
  • I fear another underwhelming transfer window, and defeat at home to Rotherham, could be the last straw for many. Our CEO may find her encounter with the fan on the way back from Watford, might not be the last times she endures such a frank exchange of views. I hope I am wrong, but this season now definitely has the feel of another relegation, from which we may struggle to recover.
  • edited January 2015
    braydex said:

Just thumped Bolton 4-2........ I'm nervous about Saturday now...

Settle for a 0-0 then....seems that Rotherham are no mugs, read on DR Kish that they have only lost 1 in their last 5 away from home.

• Settle for a 0-0 then....seems that Rotherham are no mugs, read on DR Kish that they have only lost 1 in their last 5 away from home.

Should we be settling for a 0-0 at home to Rotherham? The trouble is, all of a sudden I believe some fans would take that just to 'steady the ship'. Its a must win when you look at the games coming up. We desperately need 3 points but I'm just not sure where that's going to come from at the moment?

As usual, I think 'they' will wait to see what happens on Saturday before making any signings, if at all. If we lose, we are in deep shit, but at the same time that may force them into actually getting in 1 or 2 decent players. If we win, 3 much needed points, but it could mean 'they' don't feel it's worth brining anyone significant in....maybe 1 or 2 network players or a couple of young inexperienced players to warm the bench?
  • Braydex....Agree with you that 'we' shouldn't be settling for a 0-0 with Rotherham (I said that with tongue in cheek) that said with the way we've been playing lately (though the 2nd 1/2 against Wolves was decent) 0-0 wouldn't be the end of the world.
  • edited January 2015
    I watch Rotherham quite often. They are a team which like us, found it hard to score goals until a wholesale squad shuffle (the week of the long knives) might have resolved that problem and broken a long standing goalless log jam.
    Conor Sammon, signed on loan, looks a more dangerous, more mobile proposition than Alex Revell who was sold to Cardiff, Russell Slade presumably fooled by Revell's Wembley performance and his wonder goal against Slade's Orient outfit in last season's play off final.
    Hammill, Ward and Barmby (son of Nick) are all tricky ball players as is Pringle, for me the 'star' of the Millers attack/midfield. Devonshire has at last broken his scoring duck and is an experienced and clever striker, Bowery is another tall and mobile, if inexperienced striker.
    The defence is good, very tough if a little slow in the centre and has been improved with the loan signing of Friars from Spurs. He is an excellent prospect at left back. Ex Addick Richardson still does the biz at right back. Smallwood, Green and new boy Newton are an effective if no nonsense midfield trio and Collin is a better than average Championship level goalkeeper. Wood (another ex Addick) and midfielder, Frecklington might also play a part depending how Evans wants to set up his team
    As mentioned above, the Millers are hard to beat away from home and with the big confidence boost from last night's win, although how knackered Bolton were after their cup efforts is uncertain, the game at the Valley will be far from easy.
    We have four hard games coming up .. Rotherham followed by Middlesbrough, Norwich and Brentford in quick succession .. Come on you Addicks !!!! ... we need some goals and we need lotsa points

EDIT: I have written 'Devonshire' above, it should of course be 'Derbyshire' ... Alan, great player in his day is too old now and too busy managing Braintree to turn out for the Millers ((:>)
  • I'm hoping Bolton's minds were on their cup game v Liverpool.

They drew at the weekend and have the replay coming up soon.
  • Big_Bob said:

Pretty confident about Saturday.

Last time I said that we lost 5-0!