Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Louise Mensch

I loath Tories but her reaction to Cameron's obeisance to Abdullah is wonderful.

Comments

• iainment said:

I loath Tories but her reaction to Cameron's obeisance to Abdullah is wonderful.

The Scottish Tory leader Ruth Davidson didn't think much of it either.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-30953346
  • Those words came from this womans fingers?

I am shocked... Well not really...
  • micks1950 said:

iainment said:

The Scottish Tory leader Ruth Davidson didn't think much of it either.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-30953346
    She's wonderful on this as well. They show our leaders up completely.
  • There has been recent outrage focused on the public beheading of a woman and a sentence of 1,000 lashes meted out to the creator of an online blog. Says it all. Repressive regime which exports terror.
  • I h

I've no idea what she said but those first three words are enough to agree with you what whatever you say.

I have a fan!

• Didn't read the thread but, taking this back to its "basest" level, and through careful consideration of the image supplied I can confirm - I wholeheartedly would
  • Sponsored links:

• Whoever she is, she is lovely.
  • Swisdom said:

Didn't read the thread but, taking this back to its "basest" level, and through careful consideration of the image supplied I can confirm - I wholeheartedly would

Isn't she the lucky one.
  • I utterly agree with both of them and hate the way we kowtow to Saudi money.
  • I utterly agree with both of them and hate the way we kowtow to Saudi money.

Almost as bad as her taking the Murdoch shilling, CA :-)
  • Yeah it pains me that I have to agree with her, it is unlikely to happen again though.
  • Yeah it pains me that I have to agree with her, it is unlikely to happen again though.

Me too.
  • Cameron & Obama kowtow to Saudi Arabia, Blair kowtowed to Gaddafi and Chirac kowtowed to Hussein. Of course we all know that the last two are dead and their countries are much worse off for being given lip service by the West. Once the Saudi royals have outlived their usefulness Cameron and Obama won't have any issue with their bodies being strung up by angry rebels. We live in a free enough country where the leader can pay lip service to a dictator whilst the rest of the population supports overthrowing said dictator. Let's face it, if we weren't getting that oil money, another country would be.
  • Fiiish said:

Cameron & Obama kowtow to Saudi Arabia, Blair kowtowed to Gaddafi and Chirac kowtowed to Hussein. Of course we all know that the last two are dead and their countries are much worse off for being given lip service by the West. Once the Saudi royals have outlived their usefulness Cameron and Obama won't have any issue with their bodies being strung up by angry rebels. We live in a free enough country where the leader can pay lip service to a dictator whilst the rest of the population supports overthrowing said dictator. Let's face it, if we weren't getting that oil money, another country would be.

Don't we give the money in the first place by buying the oil?

And by standing by these regimes we make ourselves the enemy for those that would overthrow them/are persecuted by them. If/when the dictators go it does not mean it will all be hunky dory and we can make friends. I know trade is important but I would just rather we didn't.

The sooner we develop alternative technologies that mean we no longer prop up dodgy regimes the better.

• She did a lot of drugs in her younger days
  • Unfortunately she has no idea of the dynamics of Saudi Arabia and a such should keep her mouth shut.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015

Unfortunately she has no idea of the dynamics of Saudi Arabia and a such should keep her mouth shut.

So it's fine for innocent women to be locked up and starved? Banned from walking to the shops alone and banned from driving!

In fact, don't answer i'm not interested in starring in a pointless debate.
  • I wonder how the Indian Government feels ?,abdullah dies and Obama cuts short his visit to glad hand his heir ..Politics really is a slimey world !
  • edited January 2015

Unfortunately she has no idea of the dynamics of Saudi Arabia and a such should keep her mouth shut.

And, if she had been any sort of success as an MP, she would be kowtowing with her colleagues to the Saudis herself.

Now she's just the geopolitical equivalent of a keyboard warrior
  • Unfortunately she has no idea of the dynamics of Saudi Arabia and a such should keep her mouth shut.

You are priceless. Please let us know who can comment.
  • If you knew the difficult line the Saudi Royal family tread with trying to bring the country into the 21st Century it would help.

In fact the king built a university for women, he let women represent their country at sporting events and he was in the process of allowing women to drive.

These may not seem big achievements but in such a strict society they were considerable.
  • Well, it's definitely one way for Louise Mensch to grab attention.

Ruth Davidson is spot on.
  • There has been recent outrage focused on the public beheading of a woman and a sentence of 1,000 lashes meted out to the creator of an online blog. Says it all. Repressive regime which exports terror.

Yer but they do import our exports;-)
  • Damn her for being right. I can't stand the woman.

I assume therefore that you do? Please explain/defend there appalling human rights record, use of secret service to oppose democracy, promotion and funding of terrorism, subjugation of women etc.
    I await your reply. Abs.
  • edited January 2015
    I love that she told Liz to fuck off. She's probably not holding her breath for a peerage.