Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ebbsfleet stadium redevelopment

Nice stadium for a non league side . Seems the safety people have told them the current ground has no more than a two year shelf life.

http://t.co/BVsC5tds9A

Comments

• Looks good that.
  • Ebbsfleet are very lucky that their owner is actually a decent guy. Already a hero to fleet fans.
  • Peter Varney good man also.
  • Looks a bit wanky to me. A bit like Old Trafford cricket ground. Large & red & weird.
  • I'm quite surprised they are redeveloping there actually. Thought they'd be more likely to move out nearer Ebbsfleet station.
  • edited January 2015

Looks a bit wanky to me. A bit like Old Trafford cricket ground. Large & red & weird.

Have you been to Ebsfleet CE? I red portaloo and burnt out dumpster combo would be an improvement...

• Not too different to Dartford's Princess Park stadium. Nice little grounds for that level that will improve the local area. Good luck to them.
  • I'm actually surprised they're bothering re-developing Stonebridge road. The place has limited space for expansion (even more since they sold off land at either end of the ground). There's plenty of redundant land near the International station, which would be ideal to build a decent stadium with good parking.

Do they even own the ground now? I know it used to be owned by Blue Circle and then by the local council..........
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm actually surprised they're bothering re-developing Stonebridge road. The place has limited space for expansion (even more since they sold off land at either end of the ground). There's plenty of redundant land near the International station, which would be ideal to build a decent stadium with good parking.

Do they even own the ground now? I know it used to be owned by Blue Circle and then by the local council..........

Most of that land was/is earmarked for either the Bluewater Valley development or the Paramount development.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/thousands-of-new-homes-in-kent-t-a61146/

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1553041&page=2
  • Welling are also looking into developing their ground, putting a new stand at the road end.

Most of that land was/is earmarked for either the Bluewater Valley development or the Paramount development.

Well, I suppose their Kuwait chairman could always buy back the land they sold and maybe the Keyline depot & bus garage behind........
  • I'm sure they will change there name again soon. We hate gravesend.......sorry Ebbsfleet
  • as Buckshee said, surprised their not moving to one of the car parks at the Station. Sorting out the view onto Stonebridge Road will be a big help for the perception of the club, only 6,000 though which is surprising.
  • I'm sure they will change there name again soon. We hate gravesend.......sorry Ebbsfleet

Nothing wrong with Gravesend & Ebbsfleet united.
  • buckshee said:

Nice stadium for a non league side . Seems the safety people have told them the current ground has no more than a two year shelf life.

http://t.co/BVsC5tds9A

Should have bought better shelves.
  • Looking at this ariel map, the areas marked in green are what used to belong to the ground and have since been sold off (probably by the local council) in the last 10 years or so. The area marked orange is the Keyline builders yard and the bus garage. If they were to become successful and were serious about buying this land, that would be an impressive footprint to build a very decent stadium.

I know it's all pie in the sky at the moment, but just gives an idea of how much potential there could be if willing to spend the money..........
  • Rothko said:

as Buckshee said, surprised their not moving to one of the car parks at the Station. Sorting out the view onto Stonebridge Road will be a big help for the perception of the club, only 6,000 though which is surprising.

That'll be an initial 6000. You can see from the plans where they'll be able to expand. Behind the goal for a start.

• Ah, didn't spot the initial.

Have they brought the ground off Gravesham Council then?
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a bit depressing when a non league club has a better kit design than your own, with a far better looking sponsor's logo!
  • There's a guy in one of the cgi's wearing a cardigan 
  • There's a guy in one of the cgi's wearing a cardigan 
    New CEO
  • Why do they need a new Stadium? - They've barely finished doing up Stonebridge Road!!
  • Why do they need a new Stadium? - They've barely finished doing up Stonebridge Road!!
    They never did finish Stonebridge Rd, the design of the new main stand clearly planned to wrap around both ends of the ground, as it stands it just terminated awkwardly at each corner.

Presumably this whole Northfleet Harbourside (is there a harbour in Northfleet to be beside?) means that the theme park is well and truly dead then.
  • Hard to take this proposal entirely seriously when there is no plan of the area, or an artist's impression of the plans 
  • why build a new stadium??, pointless waste of money unless (I assume) it'll have a 4G pitch and be used to make money
  • why build a new stadium??, pointless waste of money unless (I assume) it'll have a 4G pitch and be used to make money
    The article says "multi purpose stadium" so I would take that as other uses as well as football. 
  • Good luck to Ebbsfleet and their future plans.