Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Standard Liège - Anderlecht match

Nice atmosphere at Liège. Steven Dufour who used to play for SL currently plays for Anderlecht. It's actually his head that's displayed on the banner. A bit of commotion in Belgian media as you can imagine ...

Comments

• SL checks all banners before the match. "A couple" of fans kept this one secret ...
  • skywalker, who do you support ? Liege ?
  • skywalker said:

SL checks all banners before the match. "A couple" of fans kept this one secret ...

Fucking brilliant stewarding/policing then!
  • skywalker said:

SL checks all banners before the match. "A couple" of fans kept this one secret ...

Meanwhile at Wolves, the steward groped my head to see if I was hiding anything in my hat.
  • IA said:

skywalker said:

Meanwhile at Wolves, the steward groped my head to see if I was hiding anything in my hat.
    Came up empty?
  • IA said:

skywalker said:

Came up empty?
    They got my nik naks :-(
  • IA said:

IA said:

skywalker said:

Came up empty?
    They got my nik naks :-(
    Your nik naks? which head did he grope????
  • skywalker said:

skywalker, who do you support ? Liege ?

I support Royal Antwerp FC. Oldest club in Belgium, founded by British students. Still written in English ( not Dutch - Antwerpen or French - Anvers). Last Belgian club to play a final of a European tournament (at Wembley against Parma in 1993).
    Anderlecht have won the cup winners cup twice and the Uefa once. Plus a few more finals.
  • Sponsored links:

• skywalker said:

I support Royal Antwerp FC. Oldest club in Belgium, founded by British students. Still written in English ( not Dutch - Antwerpen or French - Anvers). Last Belgian club to play a final of a European tournament (at Wembley against Parma in 1993).
    Anderlecht have won the cup winners cup twice and the Uefa once. Plus a few more finals.
    Indeed they did, in 1990. But after Antwerp no Belgian club played in a final. Sadly, Antwerp went into a steep decline and are in a constant financial struggle (2nd tier now for years). I was pleased to see Luke Chadwick (former Antwerp - now with Cambridge) playing against ManU last weekend.
  • skywalker said:

skywalker said:

Indeed they did, in 1990. But after Antwerp no Belgian club played in a final. Sadly, Antwerp went into a steep decline and are in a constant financial struggle (2nd tier now for years). I was pleased to see Luke Chadwick (former Antwerp - now with Cambridge) playing against ManU last weekend.
    Anderlecht aren't Belgian?
  • Sure Anderlecht is Belgian, and they qualify for European tournaments every year. However, a final ... that's long time ago !
  • @Absurdistan - what @skywalker is saying is that no belgian side has been in a european final since 1993 when Royal Antwerp did it. If you're saying a belgian team has done so since then (and assuming you're right), fair enough, but you seem to be hooked up on Anderlecht appearing in finals regardless of the date. If their last appearance was pre-1993 then skywalker is correct.
  • skywalker said:

skywalker said:

I remember the tie up between Royal Antwerp and Manchester Utd. I also remember Ronnie Wallwork having a few problems with a Belgian referee whilst at Antwerp!!!

Ps...het beste disco bar van altijd ....Den Ossepoot op de Vrijdagmarkt. Had some great nights in there in the early/mid 90s.
  • Simonsen said:

skywalker said:

skywalker said:

I remember the tie up between Royal Antwerp and Manchester Utd. I also remember Ronnie Wallwork having a few problems with a Belgian referee whilst at Antwerp!!!

Ps...het beste disco bar van altijd ....Den Ossepoot op de Vrijdagmarkt. Had some great nights in there in the early/mid 90s.
    Those were the days ...