Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luzon praises 'organised' Charlton after improved performance in draw at Wolves

Comments

• Options
    Two or three in. Marquee or stopgap? We have a "long-term" manager with 18 months contract and a Spurs loanee to May and half the senior squad out of contract in summer. We need to see a way forward.
  • Options
    Saying good things.
  • Options
    Alluded
    Brilliant
  • Options

Two or three in. Marquee or stopgap? We have a "long-term" manager with 18 months contract and a Spurs loanee to May and half the senior squad out of contract in summer. We need to see a way forward.

Yes, are the signings for six months or 30?
    Great if we get two quality players in...
    I don't think it's "half the senior squad out of contract"... It's Ben Haim, Wilson and Church plus we have a handful of loans... But the general point remains the same:
    What will the squad look like in August?

Some people blink, lose their nerve but many posters concur that the summer window gives M.Duchatelet enough of an opportunity to show what his ambition is... Push up the table or are we looking at ten years outside the FAPL. I have no problems with network signings as long as obvious gaps in the squad are filled with the chequebook.

As for the interview - fair play to Luzon, let's hope he works out how to score next week!
  • Options
    Give him a chance, if he does well brilliant if he doesn't then we can get on his back and move on, we are all here for the club and if he is the manager we support him until we have no choice but to get him out. Feeling positive about today's result. Onwards and upwards boys!
  • Options
    I agree, give him some time, hopefully things will improve as well as communication.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Good interview. Let's hope any signings will be better than what we have.

Luzon did however indicate that more signings may be in the offing, with a week of the transfer window remaining.

“I think that we will try and get two, three players and will be ok,” he hinted.
  • Options

Or at least up to championship standard straight away.
    Could be an interesting week.

• Options
    edited January 2015

Luzon did however indicate that more signings may be in the offing, with a week of the transfer window remaining.

“I think that we will try and get two, three players and will be ok,” he hinted.

Did he allude to it or elude to it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good interview. On the signings front, sounds mildly promising, I hope they do better than 'try'. They need to succeed with these decent signings not just try.
  • Options

If only there was a journalist to help us.
    Or failing that, someone from the News Hopper
    QUOTE - “I think that we will try and get two, three players and will be ok,” he hinted. See link at top of page.
  • Options

If only there was a journalist to help us.
    Or failing that, someone from the News Hopper
    QUOTE - “I think that we will try and get two, three players and will be ok,” he hinted. See link at top of page.
    I think you missed my point.
    The journalist from the Hopper said the cross 'alluded everyone' in his report.
    'Hinted at' as opposed to 'escaped from'
    Which, in a strange and probably unintentional way, amused me in a 0-0 draw where goals eluded everyone.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I am pleasantly surprised by his assessment of the match and explanation on how that unfolded in relation to his game plan.

Much more encouraging words than that disastrous press conference when he was appointed.
  • Options

Guy wouldn't answer my question as to why he dropped Etheridge in goal - Bob would have provided an answer to that.

So interesting to see how different man management styles are being deployed already.

The allude elude fiasco should be sorted ASAP - thats what I get for rushing spellchecking in order to make my train home.

I'll be sending you a personal letter of apology A-R-T-H-U-R which may or may not allude or elude to more enjoyable ways to spend a Saturday evening than scrutinising each syllable of my match reaction pieces!

Plus you're an arm down at the moment...
  • Options

Guy wouldn't answer my question as to why he dropped Etheridge in goal - Bob would have provided an answer to that.

So interesting to see how different man management styles are being deployed already.

The allude elude fiasco should be sorted ASAP - thats what I get for rushing spellchecking in order to make my train home.

I'll be sending you a personal letter of apology A-R-T-H-U-R which may or may not allude or elude to more enjoyable ways to spend a Saturday evening than scrutinising each syllable of my match reaction pieces!

Have been having a few senior moments on these pain killers last few days!
  • Options

I reckon Dimitrovic does not speak English.

Today he was not really tested but reckon it could be a hindrance in the future.

It it turns out he does speak the lingo I take this all back!
  • Options

Have been having a few senior moments on these pain killers last few days!
    I could have done with some of those while typing up Pardew's victory quotes...
  • Options
    Good interview, highly enjoyable reading.

I'm sure you will have been amused by typos etc in football and non football reports in the past especially since the birth of tablets!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good reading and I was more than happy to see the change of style so thankfully there'll be no more digging out players for public opprobrium.
  • Options

Today he was not really tested but reckon it could be a hindrance in the future.

In the U21 game he was shouting out instructions in English. It is not hard to learn a few English Goalkeeping phrases.

• Options
    Uboat said:

I love it when a cross comes in and you hear someone shout, 'AWAAAAY!' Do you think without that crucial instruction defenders wouldn't be sure what to do?

Isn't it just a quick, unambiguous way to tell the defenders that the keeper isn't coming for it?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I love it when a cross comes in and you hear someone shout, 'AWAAAAY!' Do you think without that crucial instruction defenders wouldn't be sure what to do?

Its called, getting involved and supporting your team and needs to be encouraged nothing worse then being with supporters just moaning or totally silent.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

In the U21 game he was shouting out instructions in English. It is not hard to learn a few English Goalkeeping phrases.

Here's a couple for him to learn.....

"Lino?!" (accompanied by hand in the air) to be bellowed after conceding a routine tap in at the far post.

"Sorry lads..." (accompanied by upturned palm) to be muttered after allowing tame shot to squeeze through legs for late but inevitable equaliser.
  • Options

So what did he say ? No comment ? I refuse to answer ? Or did he just ignore the question ?
  • Options
    A week is a long time in Football