Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves v Charlton - Post match views

Well I think we would have snatched hands off if offered a point before hand.

A very Curbs-esque start for Geee stopping the rot with a tidy 0-0. I like forward to the 19yr management reign set to follow :-)

Could we have nicked it, were we lucky, or was it a fair result ?

Comments

• Options
    JaShea99 said:

The Luzon era will begin as the Riga era did - 0-0.

• Options
    A well earned point after last weeks performance.
  • Options
    Predicted 0-0 on the preview thread.

Corner turned? Hope so.

Sounds like the players put a shift in and the two new players did well.

How people see it will depend on if they are glass full or glass empty types but a point at Wolves isn't shabby IMHO.

Just need a goal from somewhere soon. None in 4 now.
  • Options
    I saw my first Charlton game 53 years ago today so nothing surprises me anymore. Today sounded a very positive start for the new manager / coach. Well done to all concerned, and hopefully Katrien will have a quieter trip home this week.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    A welcome point and clean sheet. Hope we can get a signing or two in the week and build on today's result.
  • Options
    Thought this was a great result, well earned point. From what I heard, no one seemed to have a shockingly bad performance. Overall positive result and I'm looking forward to see what we can do against Rotherham
  • Options
    Really relieved by that. There is obviously some fight left in the team. Look forward to the reviews from those at the game.
  • Options
    sounds like we were solid at the back today , and its good to have 'our' Bikey and Ben haim back! sounded like the new lad from spurs had a brilliant game and could be a massive signing and will hopefully have a similar effect as poyet last season!
    Hopefully a few additions will come (based on what KM apparently said before the game!) and we can start moving up the table...
    whether it was Guy or Matthews/Roberts , sounded like it was spot on today so well done Guy(s)
    COYR!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    happy with a point and as said maybe the defensive mid field player is the key
  • Options
    FT stats addicks first-:
    possession........38% - 62%
    shots on........... 4 - 2
    shots off.......... 2 - 10
    corners........... 5 - 8

GOALS........... 0 - 0
  • Options
    I thought we'd lose today. Sounded like we caused them a few problems which is good to hear.

A point is a decent result
  • Options
    What did KM say before the game?
  • Options
    Bet the people who predicted another 5-0 are feeling stupid.......
  • Options

FT stats addicks first-:
    possession........38% - 62%
    shots on........... 4 - 2
    shots off.......... 2 - 10
    corners........... 5 - 8

GOALS........... 0 - 0

Four shots on target ? That's better than Le Tissier was making out on Sky Sports.
  • Options

Along the lines of " there's a week of transfer activity left , we will do it!"
  • Options
    Great point. Pleased with the clean sheet.

Nice platform for Guy to build on.

All of the players he has had issues with played.

A couple of signings this week and hopefully we can start looking up the table again.
  • Options
    A very timely performance. Well done all. Like others - look forward to hearing from those who were there.
  • Options
    It really does feel good after the experience of last week and to turn it around from then to now for both team and management will give everybody confidence that their mojo isn't lost. Could not give a toss about Chelsea,watford whoever; this is the result that matters. Sounds like we could have taken all three points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not at the game so cant comment, but a points a point and better than Blackpool or Wigan did today so helps (a little) to pull away from the bottom 3.

What I will say is that we have scored just 4 goals in our last 10 league games........absolutely shocking FACT (as Henry says, its not stats that matter but facts) Funny to think that Watford took just 20 mins during the 2nd half today to score 4 and have scored half the amount of goals we have score all season in just 2 league games.

• Options
    After last week's pathetic defensive display, a clean sheet was just what we needed, and the basis of our success in the autumn. Apart from Blackpool, it's worth noting that Wigan lost at home again today, and are looking like the team that everyone says is too good to go down, but gets relegated anyway.
    Next week is a must win game, seeing that it's Boro the week after!
  • Options
    I like football a little bit more this week.

Have we halted the downward spiral, don't know. But, if we have, it always starts with results like this. As AFKA says, Curbs-esque.
  • Options
    After all the stuff in the last couple of weeks this has to go down as a fine result imo.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

KM has really put pressure on the club to deliver us a (decent) new signing now with that remark. The next week should be interesting.
  • Options
    We know out expectations are low when we don't score for a fourth game in a row setting a 10 year record and also drop a place closer to relegation,yet feel chuffed with a point having won 0-10 games. Oh well it's a lot better than losing. Well done those that traveled. Respect to your psychiatrists for letting you have weekend leave!
  • Options
    Really good point
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Did she say what 'it' was?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

sammy391 said:

Did she say what 'it' was?
    To me it sounds like they are trying to get a transfer over the line