Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks - Wolverhampton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic

would those of you how saw the match please give your marks:

Dmitrovic
Solly
Fox
Bikey
Ben Haim
Gudmundsson
Buyens
Veljkovic
Cousins
Harriott
Vetokele

Watt n/a
Church n/a
Gomez n/a

Comments

• I'm still waiting to.
  • Dimitrov - 7 seemed confident , awful kicking but hey he didn't let in a goal
    Solly - 7.5 really good second half, showed real effort and was a threat coming forward
    Fox - 7 shaky start, helped out by Bikey a fair bit, but grew into the game
    Bikey - 7.5 Solid and committed
    Ben Haim - 7 Showed composure and helped organise the defence well
    Gudmundsson - 6.5 Quieter match
    Buyens - 6.5 Seemed a little slow and lacking conviction but better 2nd half
    Veljkovic - 7 I think he worked hard without being on the ball much Wolves had very little penetration through the centre of Midfield so I guess was working hard.
    Cousins 8 (MOM) - Put in a huge shift, very committed, was the engine of the side
    Harriott 7 Improved 2nd half.
    Vetokele 7.5 Worked hard, still lacking some confidence and a strike partner.

Watt n/a 7.5 looked lively and came closest to scoring.
    Church n/a
    Gomez n/a
  • Dimitrov 6
    Solly 8
    Fox 6
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 8
    Gudmundsson 6.5
    Buyens 6
    Veljkovic 7
    Cousins 7.5
    Harriott 7
    Vetokele 7

Watt n/a
    Church n/a
    Gomez n/a
  • Dimitrov 7
    Solly 7.5
    Fox 6.5
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 8
    Gudmundsson 6.5
    Buyens 6.5
    Veljkovic 6.5
    Cousins 7
    Harriot 7
    Vetokele 7

Watt 7.5
    Church n/a
    Gomez n/a

• Dimitrov 7 positioning was very good. Not a lot to do in truth but a clean sheet finally! Kicking was poor but he kept slipping over
    Solly 8 not a vocal leader but leads by example. Reads the game very well and his tackling was brilliant. Great second half.
    Fox 6 got caught out a few times by the pacey winger but at the same time, stood his man up well. He done better today than Wiggins last week.
    Bikey 7 I think I gave him a 2 last week. What a difference a bit of effort makes. Didn't do much wrong. Solid
    Ben Haim 8 passing was good and that tackle towards the end possibly saved us from conceding.
    Gudmundsson 6.5 worked hard when on the ball
    Buyens 6 was definitely more attacking today. Didn't do much wrong. Some wayward passes but generally good. Still doesn't look 100% committed.
    Veljkovic 6.5 solid. Didn't hide. Passing not great but a good debut.
    Cousins 8.5 was brilliant and committed. Not everything worked for him and sometimes tried too much but he won the ball back on numerous occasions.
    Harriott7.5 was very good in the second half before he came off. Looked up for it from the start and things started to go for him in the 2nd half. Brought Igor into the game
    Vetokele 7 just needs that goal so badly!! Caused some problems but there was always two men on him very quickly.

Watt n/a needs to start. Unlucky not to score
    Church n/a
    Gomez n/a

D'Urso - the only benefit of having him as a ref is that he is consistently bad to both teams on the pitch. Some very odd decisions.
  • Dimitrov 7
    Solly 7
    Fox 6.5
    Bikey 7.5
    Ben Haim 8
    Gudmundsson 6.5
    Buyens 7
    Veljovic 7
    Cousins 8
    Harriott 7
    Vetokele 7

Watt 7
  • interesting all the attackers get good marks but still no goals
  • edited January 2015
    Just a quick point... the goalie's name is Dmitrovic, not Dimitrov.

That's the top 10 tennis player from Bulgaria who plays against Andy Murray tonight.
  • Just a quick point... the goalie's name is Dmitrovic, not Dimitrov.

thanks Callum, edit made
  • Sponsored links:

• Dmitrovic 7 nothing to do really
    Solly 7.5 only real problem was he had a glorious chance to shoot and passed it badly.
    Fox 6.5 grew in confidence something he has been lacking
    Bikey 7 good and bad but showed spirit
    Ben Haim 8.5 a couple of really good tackles in dangerous situations
    Gudmundsson 6 probably the quietest i have seen him.
    Buyens 7.5 got forward as he wasn't the holding midfielder and looked a threat
    Veljkovic 7.5 looked very comfortable holding a couple of misplaced passes aside
    Cousins 8 i am a critic of him but showed something more today even playing wide.
    Harriott 6.5 bad 1st half much better 2nd half
    Vetokele 7 looked a little isolated 1st half but much improved like Harriott 2nd half

Watt n/a (unlucky with a chance)
    Church n/a
    Gomez n/a
  • Dmitrovic 7
    Solly 8
    Fox 6
    Bikey 6
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmundsson 7
    Buyens 4
    Veljkovic 5
    Cousins 7
    Harriott 6
    Vetokele 7
  • Dmitrovic - 7 - Decent, can't kick though!
    Solly - 7.5
    Fox - 7
    Bikey - 7
    Ben Haim - 8
    Gudmundsson - 6.5
    Buyens 7
    Veljkovic 8 - impressive
    Cousins - 7
    Harriott - 6.5
    Vetokele 7

Watt n/a
    Church n/a
    Gomez n/a

• edited January 2015
    Very happy to see Cousin back with high marks. Was worried his progress was being hampered this seasons, probably due to being played out of position.
  • Very happy to see Cousin back with high marks. Was worried his progress was being hampered this seasons, probably due to being played out of position.

Funnily enough he was out on the left again today.
  • Solly superb
  • Very interested to read the comments and thanks to the contributors.

It's not an accident that........after being humiliated in a London derby, the 2 players who pull it round for us 7 days later - are both CAFC youth products.

If we are ever to be successful again, we will always need players who WANT TO PLAY FOR CHARLTON, not those who are in-between teams / see it as a temporary stay.

Well done to JC and CS.
  • PLEASE LEAVE THIS THREAD FOR MARKS AND PUT YOUR OTHER REMARKS IN THE POST MATCH VIEWS THREAD

thank you
  • Dmitrovic 7 Good positioning, for a first outing looked promising.
    Solly 8.5 Best game of the season, led by example.
    Fox 6.5 Some shaky moments, but improved performance.
    Bikey7.5 Looked more disciplined in his approach.
    Ben Haim 8 Solid and assured.
    Gudmundsson 7 Some trademark sweeping passes, but still doesn't do enough offensively.
    Buyens 7 New, more advanced role, better performance.
    Veljkovic 7.5 Excellent start for first game. For a 19yr old he's certainly an imposing character.
    Cousins 8.5 Never stopped running for the whole game. Responsible for nullifying their midfield.
    Harriott 7 Better movement and control with one decent shot on target.
    Vetokele 7 Got better service today and looked more of a threat than recently, but still a bit isolated on occasions.
  • Dmitrovic 7
    Solly 7.5
    Fox 6.5
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 8
    Gudmundsson 6.5
    Buyens 6.5
    Veljkovic 7
    Cousins 7
    Harriott 6.5
    Vetokele 7 desperate for a proper striker next to him.

• Sponsored links:

• Decided to drink a rather large amount before the game as myself an one other expected us to get actually tonked. Through my eyes, this happened:

Dmitrovic 7 - Didn't have a lot to do. I don't remember Wolves having a shot on target
    Solly - 8 - Solly was excellent, especially in the second half.
    Fox - 7.5 - Crowd typically ready to slate him but he did nothing wrong all game. (actualy I think Van La Parra skinned him once)
    Bikey - 7 - Few shaky moments in the first half, was beaten for pace a few times but part of a very solid back 4
    Ben Haim - 8 - Superb tackle at the end
    Gudmundsson - 6 Contribution minimal
    Buyens - 7 - pinged the ball around nicely up front
    Veljkovic - 6 - Looked like he'd played for us for years. A bit of a sideways merchant at times yesterday though
    Cousins -8 (MOTM) - Poor start, gave the ball away a few times but ended up being our best player. Probably helped by the fact he was already right in front of the travelling army.
    Harriott - 7 - Thought him and Igor actually looked dangerous at times
    Vetokele - 7 - Probably should have scored but hard to anticipate where Yohann's ball was going to go.

Watt did well when he came on. Great little mazy run in the second half and created a decent chance for himself.
  • Dmitrovic - 7: not much to do but looked competent, as well as confident in himself
    Solly - 8: a very fine performance - led from the front by example
    Fox - 6.5: looked a bit exposed early on but grew into it. Hasn't got the pace to get up and down the field but hit a few nice, long passes. Maybe we should use him more on set plays
    Bikey -7: a decent performance.
    Ben Haim - 7.5: very assured and some good interceptions and blocks.
    Gudmundsson - 6.5: a fairly quiet game but some nice touches
    Buyens - 6.5: not bad but seemed to tire near the end, giving their midfielders more space and time on the ball
    Veljkovic -7: a sound debut. Played it simple and helped us keep a good shape
    Cousins - 8: a hugely energetic and committed performance, harrying Wolves' players throughout
    Harriott - 6.5: got no change out of their defence in the first half but a good second period when we came out of our shell
    Vetokele - 6: not much joy
  • Dmitrovic 7
    Solly 7.5
    Fox 7
    Bikey 7
    Ben Haim 7.5
    Gudmundsson 6.5
    Buyens 7
    Veljkovic 7.5
    Cousins 7
    Harriott 6.5
    Vetokele 7