Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Edgar Froese R.I.P.

Edgar Froese, Founder memeber of the German Rock group Tangerine Dream has died aged 70 in Vienna.

The band released 100 albums of which Phaedra was probably the best known.

Comments

• Very sad. Ricochet was one of my favourite albums (I should have added it to the list).
  • 100 albums! Blimey that's some going. RIP
  • Sad news R.I.P.
    Loved cyclone.
  • RIP. Saw Tangerine Dream at the Albert Hall in 1975 and again in 2010... better the first time. I love Phaedra - it was a real ground breaker but also Epsilon in Malaysian Pale. Music that reached out...
  • RIP. Saw Tangerine Dream at the Albert Hall in 1975 and again in 2010... better the first time. I love Phaedra - it was a real ground breaker but also Epsilon in Malaysian Pale. Music that reached out...

I also saw them at the Albert Hall but only because I had free tickets. Not really my cup of tea, though was actually discussing the band with a couple of Dutch guests just two days ago.
  • Wonderful band RIP

Also saw them in 75 ...excellent gig
  • I loved and still love TD. My personal favourite album is 'Encore' - always cheers me and puts me in a good place when I listen to it. So many great albums though. Thanks for the music Edgar.
  • Saw them in Nottingham on the Stratosfear tour. Completely tripped out. On nothing but music. Oh how wonderful to be 16.