Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time to give Luzon a break

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
Quite understandably feelings are running high at the moment with the majority of the abuse here on CL being (rightly) aimed at RD, KM and the current crop of under performing players.

However..

One thing I don't really get is some of the pointless and extremely negative comments regarding Luzon. I've given it some thought and come to the conclusion that the guy (pardon the pun) has taken the job in good faith and I'm am convinced he doesn't deserve some of the abuse he is getting on this site.

Luzon might not be everyone's cup of tea but for gods sake give the guy a chance! I'm pretty sure he doesn't follow CL but what on earth do you think he would make of us lot with all our negative comments and internal bickering?

I say we put the events of the past couple of weeks behind us (at least for the next 24 hours) and give Luzon and his team 100% support tomorrow.

We are Charlton and we are better than this.

COYR!

Comments

• Quite understandably feelings are running high at the moment with the majority of the abuse here on CL being (rightly) aimed at RD, KM and the current crop of under performing players.

However..

One thing I don't really get is some of the pointless and extremely negative comments regarding Luzon. I've given it some thought and come to the conclusion that the guy (pardon the pun) has taken the job in good faith and I'm am convinced he doesn't deserve some of the abuse he is getting on this site.

Luzon might not be everyone's cup of tea but for gods sake give the guy a chance! I'm pretty sure he doesn't follow CL but what on earth do you think he would make of us lot with all our negative comments and internal conflicts?

I say we put the events of the past couple of weeks behind us (at least for the next 24 hours) and give Luzon and his team 100% support tomorrow.

We are Charlton and we are better than this.

COYR!

It is called "Gallows Humour" Kiwi and we as a nation are very good at it. A couple of wins on the bounce and we will find someone else to chuck our verbal arrows at. Do not take it all to heart, good people are nervous about the direction or great club is heading.
    I understand very well what "Gallows Humour" is Soapy but some of the comments posted here go way beyond that I'm afraid.
  • edited January 2015
    Your not aloud to say positive thing on here at the moment as you get slagged off. But I do agree with you.
  • Your not a loud to say positive thing on here at the moment as you get slagged off. But I do agate with you.

Are you a member of the Gendarmerie by any chance?
  • You are or you're
  • Luzon has taken this job "in good faith" you say.What has actually happened is he has stood waiting in the wings [on a contract till 2016 in the network] and stepped in as RD'S PUPPET [to quote big bob].There is justification for every negative word spoken on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• The negativity is down to what is in the public domain about Luzon, the nature of his appointment, and having played one lost one.
    He has to win (which he tells us he likes to do) to get credibility. In terms of giving him a chance, well what is meant by 'a chance' has differing interpretations.
  • Your not a loud to say positive thing on here at the moment as you get slagged off. But I do agate with you.

no but you can a quietly say it
    I afence with you on that

:smiley::wink:
    God bless my iPad key bored and me not checking what I write :)

no but you can a quietly say it
    I afence with you on that

:smiley::wink:
    God bless my iPad key bored and me not checking what I write :)

Sorry I had to, the stick I have had with my grammar
  • seth plum said:

The negativity is down to what is in the public domain about Luzon, the nature of his appointment, and having played one lost one.
    He has to win (which he tells us he likes to do) to get credibility. In terms of giving him a chance, well what is meant by 'a chance' has differing interpretations.

I've tended to avoid what's been posted about GL as there's a limit to the negativity and depression I can cope with.

Honest injun, I'm giving him every chance to show what he's able to achieve with the players he has inherited and will judge him on their actions over the next few games.

If they can lift themselves & produce something positive tomorrow , and then build on that next Saturday at The Valley, I'm happy to give him my vote of confidence.

• Your not aloud to say positive thing on here at the moment as you get slagged off. But I do agree with you.

Please enlighten us with the positives?
  • Nice pitch ;)
  • Want to say some positives for Fanny and the fans who are going tomorrow.

It will be sunny from 9am to 4pm with the sun out all day.

If i think of any more, will post later.

• I can't see any goals or points any time soon. Hope I'm wrong. I can't remember the last time I felt this negative and depressed about our prospects. Maybe no wins at home since October has simply wore me down. Luzon looked as clueless at his launch interview as I feel about the club right now. I am desperate for him to be a success but nothing tells me that he is anything but a 'patsy'. Look out on that Grassy Knoll.
  • .........oh and I do find that I am a pretty good judge of human character and believe in the power of first impressions.
  • Posting without reading...

Nah
  • Sponsored links:

• 3 point start against the Wolves will help big time.
  • vffvff
    edited January 2015
    Trust is earned. Luzon has not earned that trust. He has not made a good start so far.
  • Until someone has earned trust, does that mean they are not trusted? Surely we should hold a neutral position, i.e. give the guy a break.
    It's like starting a new job in an office and all the staff deliberately trying to get you out before you've had a chance to login!
  • Until someone has earned trust, does that mean they are not trusted? Surely we should hold a neutral position, i.e. give the guy a break.
    It's like starting a new job in an office and all the staff deliberately trying to get you out before you've had a chance to login!

He doesn't start with a clean slate though does he?
    He is tainted by association and the very real suspicion that he's Duchatelet's bitch
  • Ye we need to stop Luzon for a bit
  • Under any normal circumstances a manager starts with automatic good wishes and support. However, these are not normal circumstances and, hard as I have tried in recent days, the best I can muster towards this guy is ambivalence. If, against my fears and better judgement, he does manage to turn this sow's ear into a silk purse then he will have, and he will deserve, my support and praise. But the circumstances around his arrival (and the fact that to me at. Least he comes across as a smug self-serving twat) mean that the best he'll get from me for now is a resounding "meh".
  • His best hope in the popularity stakes is a win over you know who, I'm not holding my breath. I'd be more than happy to forgoe that though if he manages to scrape enough points together to secure our current status. Personally I wouldn't like to be in his shoes right now because he is a victim of (RD's) circumstance and on a hiding to nothing. Good luck old fruit because you are certainly going to need it.
  • Don't you just hate it when people think there clever but use the wrong grammar?
  • These were posted on the FB site. Seen in an Oxfam shop. Luzon certainly has his work cut out if some supporters are feeling this bad. I am trying to muster enthusiasm but have to accept that there isn't any. Sadly all I'm looking forward to is seeing Chrissy again.

imageimage